Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [VERGE] HTC's One A9 is a $399 iPhone running Android
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[VERGE] HTC's One A9 is a $399 iPhone running Android - Page 12

post #111 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

HTC was one of the first from Android. Samsung started after S5. LG still building plastic phones but they are improving with V10. For up to Nexus 4 i had to upgrade every 6 months to 1 year. Now i have a OPO which is hard to upgrade from if you are looking for noticeable change and in some current flagships i would be downgrading some aspects like battery life. I am looking forward for 2016. My next phone has to have S820, 4GB RAM, Wireless Charging for me to even consider. Android has to get a bit better because 6 really is a more like Android 5.2.

IMO metal is stupid. It's completely inflexible, transfers any drop shock straight to the glass screen cover and internal components. It costs more, scratches are usually more apparent than most plastic finishes, it always equals an unopenable phone. If you really want in iPhone that bad just buy it, there's a reason Android has been outselling iOS for a long time.
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
Name
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.6GHz 1.37v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 NITRO R9 Fury 16GB 1866 Kingston HyperX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2TB Seagate Hard drive 640GB Hitachi Hard Drive 480GB Crucial M500 SSD Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/Zorin OS 49" 4K 240Hz Sony TV Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouse
Haf X Logitech G400s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #112 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post

there's a reason Android has been outselling iOS for a long time.

That reason being you can get a sub-$200 Android phone off contract. If all phones cost exactly the same regardless of build quality, specs and features, iPhones would probably sell as well as Android, if not, better.
post #113 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

That reason being you can get a sub-$200 Android phone off contract. If all phones cost exactly the same regardless of build quality, specs and features, iPhones would probably sell as well as Android, if not, better.

I've never bought an iphone and I never would. I've never once bought a non-flagship phone.

While iphones are inaccessibly pricy for many people, that isn't the only reason people buy other phones.

Personally, I can't stand iOS's locked down everything, planned and forced obsolescence, and "doing everything smoothly" by virtue of simply not doing anything at all. I'm also not a fan of incredibly impractical metal/glass phone bodies, be they made by apple or otherwise. Sure, they look "better" (completely subjective), but only until you put a case on them, which any sane individual will do, at which point they just become more fragile, harder to access, etc for no reason at all. Lets not forget all the "revolutionary" features apple will "invent" 2-3 iphones from now, that have existed on Android devices for the last 5 years.

Honestly, if so many people weren't "locked into" iOS due to sunk cost fallacies, I doubt they would even have half their current market share.
Edited by Zero4549 - 11/1/15 at 3:46am
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

I've never bought an iphone and I never would.
You are giving your opinion on devices you have no experience with. I am sorry, but it is absolutely worthless.
post #115 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

That reason being you can get a sub-$200 Android phone off contract. If all phones cost exactly the same regardless of build quality, specs and features, iPhones would probably sell as well as Android, if not, better.

iPhone 5c was a dropped ball.
post #116 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post

iPhone 5c was a dropped ball.

Everyone agrees that it was stupid, but it still wasn't a sub-$200 off contract phone like a lot of Android phones are. This (along with the sheer number of different Android devices there are) is the main reason why Android is outselling iOS.
post #117 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalbard View Post

You are giving your opinion on devices you have no experience with. I am sorry, but it is absolutely worthless.

There's a difference between purchasing something and having knowledge about and/or experience with it.

I've used plenty of iphones, ipads, ipods, etc. I've repaired them. I've jailbroken them. I don't live in an apple-free world, I am aware of their existence, their capabilities, form factors, etc. I don't own any for the same reason I don't own any pickled pig fetuses - not due to ignorance, but due to the knowledge that buying one would be an absurd waste of money.

How many How many virtualboy game consoles do you own? None? Well, I suppose the only reason you don't regularly game on one is because you are completely ignorant of them. How many times have you made love to a rooster? None? Guess you should try it then.

Your argument still seem sound?
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

Everyone agrees that it was stupid, but it still wasn't a sub-$200 off contract phone like a lot of Android phones are. This (along with the sheer number of different Android devices there are) is the main reason why Android is outselling iOS.

They could easily sell their phones at $400 since it costs $350 to make one.
post #119 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post

They could easily sell their phones at $400 since it costs $350 to make one.

$400 still isn't sub-$200 though. A vast majority of phones sold off contract are sub-$200 Android phones.
post #120 of 159
Funny thing. The best selling ANDROID phones are not iPhone clones. not until recently anyway when Samsung made the Galaxy line look like an iPhone.
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [VERGE] HTC's One A9 is a $399 iPhone running Android