Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › What do you think DT990 With (Magni2/Modi2) ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What do you think DT990 With (Magni2/Modi2) ?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Welcome my brothers ..

I've been asking about Headsephone About 300$ and now I have raised my Money to 500$


Someone told me Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 With Sound Blaster Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiihokatti View Post

OCN's Most Recommended Audio Products
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide
And lastly: Requesting Some Audio Advice Here? READ THIS FIRST!

Basic recommendation:
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro LE or normal
+
SBZ
+
ModMic or DIY Micmod or use the mic that comes with the soundcard

I will take (Magni2/Modi2) instead of Sound Blaster Z Is it worth ?

and Do you have a better idea for my 500$?

My headset now is G930

Did i am gonna feel the difference clear.?


Are those in the outside my room can hear what I hear.?

Thx ^^ ..

Edited by SirDenden - 10/24/15 at 9:33am
post #2 of 9
Thread Starter 
up up
post #3 of 9
Giving more information wouldn't hurt... Schiit can be overpriced outside of USA, so O2+ODAC can possibly be a much better option (available from UK and Germany/Switzerland).
But I would say that the SBZ is enough for gaming needs. And with that budget I would also check out the Philips Fidelio X2 (and the discontinued X1).

And the DT990 leaks as much sound as your current headset when you are not wearing it.
Edited by Tiihokatti - 10/23/15 at 3:37pm
Silent Hawk
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,2GHz delidded Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Asus Geforce GTX 1070 Dual OC 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston Hyperx 120gb SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW ID-Cooling SE-214X 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x AC F12 1x Glide Stream Windows 10 Finlux 40" UHD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Speedlink Ultor Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Logitech G502 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Hifiman HE-400 Objective2 Amplifier OR-210Hi speakers Chinese mini speaker-amplifier 
Other
Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Hawk
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K @4,2GHz delidded Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Asus Geforce GTX 1070 Dual OC 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston Hyperx 120gb SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1Tb Random LG DVD/RW ID-Cooling SE-214X 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
3x AC F12 1x Glide Stream Windows 10 Finlux 40" UHD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Speedlink Ultor Super Flower Golden Green Pro 750W Rosewill Blackhawk Logitech G502 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Hifiman HE-400 Objective2 Amplifier OR-210Hi speakers Chinese mini speaker-amplifier 
Other
Xilence Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiihokatti View Post

Giving more information wouldn't hurt... Schiit can be overpriced outside of USA, so O2+ODAC can possibly be a much better option (available from UK and Germany/Switzerland).
But I would say that the SBZ is enough for gaming needs. And with that budget I would also check out the Philips Fidelio X2 (and the discontinued X1).

And the DT990 leaks as much sound as your current headset when you are not wearing it.

Thank you for this information Did O2+ODAC COMBO gives me better Sound than the Magni2/Modi2 ?

Is Philips Fidelio X2 or Dt990 HeadPhone can be heard from outside the room.?
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
up up
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
up up
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDenden View Post

Thank you for this information Did O2+ODAC COMBO gives me better Sound than the Magni2/Modi2 ?

Is Philips Fidelio X2 or Dt990 HeadPhone can be heard from outside the room.?

NO. The Schiit stack will hands down give you unbeatable sound for the price... in the USA and Canada at least. Keep in mind that the schiit stack is $198 USD. If you are paying way more than that it might not be worth it.

Compared to a soundblaster card? The Magni and Modi will make the 990s sound like a completely different headphone. Much more aggressive powerful detailed dynamic sound. Clearer too. Don't use decent headphones without amplification. It's not a good idea. Get the schiit stack. Nothing else puts out 1200mW into 32Ohms with the kind of quality sound you get from Schiit for the price. I have an Asgard and it sounds phenomenal. Magni sounds only slightly worse. If you get the Schiit stack don't forget to pick up the USB cable and the RCA cables. Just get them from schiit they sell good schiit.

Once you have the DT990s and the dac and the amp, hook the headphones up to your integrated audio on your PC. That's about what theyd sound like with the soundblaster. Now plug them into the amp. Mind blown? I think yes. Don't even think about it, just go buy the stuff. You won't be disappointed.

Another headphone you might want to consider btw is the HIFIMAN HE400S. Also Fantastic is the Grado SR325e but those are open back. Sound leaks in and out.
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersprinkles View Post

NO. The Schiit stack will hands down give you unbeatable sound for the price... in the USA and Canada at least. Keep in mind that the schiit stack is $198 USD. If you are paying way more than that it might not be worth it.

Compared to a soundblaster card? The Magni and Modi will make the 990s sound like a completely different headphone. Much more aggressive powerful detailed dynamic sound. Clearer too. Don't use decent headphones without amplification. It's not a good idea. Get the schiit stack. Nothing else puts out 1200mW into 32Ohms with the kind of quality sound you get from Schiit for the price. I have an Asgard and it sounds phenomenal. Magni sounds only slightly worse. If you get the Schiit stack don't forget to pick up the USB cable and the RCA cables. Just get them from schiit they sell good schiit.

Once you have the DT990s and the dac and the amp, hook the headphones up to your integrated audio on your PC. That's about what theyd sound like with the soundblaster. Now plug them into the amp. Mind blown? I think yes. Don't even think about it, just go buy the stuff. You won't be disappointed.

Another headphone you might want to consider btw is the HIFIMAN HE400S. Also Fantastic is the Grado SR325e but those are open back. Sound leaks in and out.

you are awesome..

What do you think Asgard 2 instead of Magni2/Modi2?
http://schiit.com/products/asgard-2
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDenden View Post

you are awesome..

What do you think Asgard 2 instead of Magni2/Modi2?
http://schiit.com/products/asgard-2

And run the Asgard off your integrated audio on your mobo? No man. Don't do that. Get the Magni2/Modi2. Keep in mind that the Ubers DO sound better and you also get dual outputs on the amp with the uber so you can get the modi's audio quality out to speakers.

An alternative to the Magni/Modi would be Dragonfly/Magni 2 uber. That'll cost you $300 just the same as it'd cost you $300 to get the magni 2 uber with the modi 2 uber. It really comes down to what your tastes in music are. If possible, have a listen to both (I doubt this is possible) and decide which DAC you like better.

The Modi does have the advantage out of the box of playing back 24/192 while the Dragonfly is limited to 24/96 so that's something to consider as well, as you will no doubt become a snob and start listening to 24 bit audio once you have your setup.

I have a $500 Teac UD 301 DAC into the $250 Asgard powering $550 Hifiman HE400i and it sounds freaking spectacular. The Magni/Modi combo may be cheap, but it has sound quality that rivals many $500 dac/amp combos. It really is good schiit.

I will say this for Schiit- I have yet to read a single comment by a disappointed customer. Everybody says the same things "I couldn't believe how good it sounded for only X dollars". "It's so well built for how cheap it is". etc etc.

Keep in mind that Schiit is built in the USA. Not just assembled in the USA, built in the USA. Even the metal chassis is made in a shop in the USA. I personally would much rather have an electronic product made in the US or Japan or Great Britain or Germany than from China, Vietnam, Taiwan, etc (though Taiwan is by far the best of those countries).

If you are disappointed with the Schiit stack I will be stunned. It really is that good.

Remember- amps have to warm up and headphones have to break in. Let the amp get toasty for an hour before you use it the first time, and remember that your headphones will break in over time and sound better.

You can give some audio massaging a try- using the HPET clock in windows, getting the free version of Fidelizer, running Windows 10 (which sounds better than 7 or 8), running everything to the DAC via ASIO, etc etc.

Once you get your hands on this stuff you will be hooked. Take that as something to look forward to and as a warning. If you like the experience, and you will like the experience, odds are that in 10 years you will have a $2000 headphone amp and $2000 headphones. It's a disease, much like alcoholism. Few people are able to stay at the entry level once they get a taste of MID-FI audio. And it is MID-FI. HI-FI comes at a much higher price.

Btw what made you decide on the DT990s? Have you listened to them? Have you considered any other headphones? You know that the sound varies tremendously from one can to the next right?

I would urge you to go to HIFI shops, Guitar center, long and McQuade, whatever you have in the area, and listen to as many headphones in your price range as you can. You may be surprised at what you end up choosing. Buying headphones or speakers blind is a bad idea. Sound is subjective. While visuals are much easier to agree on, sound is not. Anybody can look at a 4K TV and tell you it is sharper than a 1080P TV, but often, two people will listen to the same track at 16/44.1 and then 24/192 and not agree on which sounds better. I may like KEF, you may like PSB. I may l ike a warm, smooth sound, you may like an aggressive bright sound. I may love bass, you may hate bass. I listen to Rock, you listen to country, etc. Every individual will have specific needs based on HOW they hear (everybody hears differently) and WHAT they hear (different people hear different frequencies differently) and what they WANT to hear. That's why there are 250 million headphones out there right now in all shapes and sizes and budgets.

Going on reviews is risky. Sure, it SOUNDS like what your'e after. The reviewer says it's warm, bass heavy, smooth. But then you listen to it and it's not smooth ENOUGH or there's MORE bass than you like or it's not AS warm as you wanted. Or maybe that snap in the background of your favourite song isn't coming out the way you wan t it to.

Soundstage is another thing you have to consider with higher end headphones, which you might not even be aware of if you just have cheap earbuds now, and the shape and size of a soundstage can not be conveyed in words.

Go to a Hifi shop, bring along some snacks, camp out there, listen to everything they have, then make a decision.

To make that experience bullet proof, you will need a laptop, the schiit stack, and a cooperative store. Take your laptop in with your favorite tracks (DO NOT USE MP3s FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) hook up your schiit stack, and start testing their headphones. That way you know EXACTLY what you are going to get.

I've showed up at a store with my own gear. It's not as unusual as you might think. We're an anal retentive bunch, audiophiles. Join us and you might find that your anus gets a little retentive as well wink.gif.
Edited by mistersprinkles - 10/25/15 at 12:10pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › What do you think DT990 With (Magni2/Modi2) ?