Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log]Project-Afterburner-X99, 5930k, Sabertooth, NZXT S340 Custom Acrylic/Water cooled
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log]Project-Afterburner-X99, 5930k, Sabertooth, NZXT S340 Custom Acrylic/Water cooled - Page 10

post #91 of 125
Nice idea.OK what about taking a piece of acrylic to length and bend it into the circle needed. Just a thought
Gotham
(16 items)
 
NZXT S340 Club
(116 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 EVGA GTX GeForce 960 G.Skill 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital 2tb Western Digital 2tb Western Digital 2.5tb Western Digital 1tb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Silicon 120gb SSD Cooler Master Gemini II M4 Windows 10 Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair Rm750 NZXT S340 Logitech G100s Logitech 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Gotham
(16 items)
 
NZXT S340 Club
(116 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 EVGA GTX GeForce 960 G.Skill 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital 2tb Western Digital 2tb Western Digital 2.5tb Western Digital 1tb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Silicon 120gb SSD Cooler Master Gemini II M4 Windows 10 Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair Rm750 NZXT S340 Logitech G100s Logitech 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 125
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Jor-El View Post

Nice idea.OK what about taking a piece of acrylic to length and bend it into the circle needed. Just a thought

Be tough I'll think about ideas over night too tomorrow goal is to complete the front of the shelf and attach the shelf to the psu shroud(need a break from the front) .
post #93 of 125
If you need to cut good circles i use a dremel with a circle cutting attachment.. I drill a 1/8" hole in the center where my hole needs to be then make a mark for the radius (half the circle) and drill a hole on the inside of that line. stick the dreml in the radii hole and the peg on circle cutter in the center. When the bit gets close to the endpoint i give it a little inward pressure to prevent it from skipping and notching the edge.





your scroll saw would make cutting the center curve easier but the dremel is quite effective for acrylic
Aye Em Dee
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-4770k EVGA Z87 Classified EVGA Gtx 770 Evga Gtx 770 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair dominator 16gb 2400 Corsair force series 480gb custom water loop windows 7 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 Custom Wall Mounted Acrylic Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Aye Em Dee
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-4770k EVGA Z87 Classified EVGA Gtx 770 Evga Gtx 770 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair dominator 16gb 2400 Corsair force series 480gb custom water loop windows 7 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 Custom Wall Mounted Acrylic Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 125
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgeorge1617 View Post

If you need to cut good circles i use a dremel with a circle cutting attachment.. I drill a 1/8" hole in the center where my hole needs to be then make a mark for the radius (half the circle) and drill a hole on the inside of that line. stick the dreml in the radii hole and the peg on circle cutter in the center. When the bit gets close to the endpoint i give it a little inward pressure to prevent it from skipping and notching the edge.





your scroll saw would make cutting the center curve easier but the dremel is quite effective for acrylic

Nice, thanks for the info I honestly forgot my kit came with it as the dremel is now 9 years old at least but works perfectly. What bit are you using?
post #95 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave6531 View Post

Nice, thanks for the info I honestly forgot my kit came with it as the dremel is now 9 years old at least but works perfectly. What bit are you using?
I just use a multi purpose bit. It leaves a little point at the end/start but a sanding drum on the Dremel knocks that down quickly. Then I finish by hand sanding and polishing.
Aye Em Dee
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-4770k EVGA Z87 Classified EVGA Gtx 770 Evga Gtx 770 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair dominator 16gb 2400 Corsair force series 480gb custom water loop windows 7 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 Custom Wall Mounted Acrylic Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Aye Em Dee
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-4770k EVGA Z87 Classified EVGA Gtx 770 Evga Gtx 770 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair dominator 16gb 2400 Corsair force series 480gb custom water loop windows 7 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 Custom Wall Mounted Acrylic Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 125
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgeorge1617 View Post

I just use a multi purpose bit. It leaves a little point at the end/start but a sanding drum on the Dremel knocks that down quickly. Then I finish by hand sanding and polishing.

nice I'll have to give it a try hoping the tungsten bit will work well for the metal. It's been a pain making sure it's lined up to center the holes trying to resolve the other issue now haha.
post #97 of 125
Thread Starter 
Decided to take a break today bit wanted to check clearances on couple things so heres a mock up.


post #98 of 125
Thread Starter 
Well the shelf is nearly done just need to add a couple more m3 screws and trim the edge of the white just a hair to let some of the red light shine through. Then time for the hard part cutting the circles on the front panel for the fans.



Edited by Dave6531 - 1/17/16 at 7:54pm
post #99 of 125
Thread Starter 
Couple small updates both jobs have limited my time lately.





Also a new design for the front panel.

post #100 of 125
Thread Starter 
Well its unfortunate but looks like my motherboard took a crap do to memory issues. Thinking it is the motherboard after swapping ram in different slots and placing each stick and testing one by one. Hopefully didnt kill the chip but new motherboard and memory will be ordered this week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log]Project-Afterburner-X99, 5930k, Sabertooth, NZXT S340 Custom Acrylic/Water cooled