Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [WCCF] Fallout 4 to Feature NV Gameworks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCF] Fallout 4 to Feature NV Gameworks - Page 8

post #71 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

You did not ask for GW titles. Read your post again mate.

We're talking about GW, so of course I meant GW titles. The point is, AMD performance suffers due to tessellation and driver overhead, which are their faults, and their faults alone. GW has nothing to do with it. This is why requirements are usually higher for AMD. I'm guessing when they tested performance they based the requirements on average framerate. Since we know AMD has significantly higher driver overhead, performance suffers in CPU-bound situations, and in order to compensate, they needed a better performing card on AMD's side to up the average by pushing more fps in GPU-bound situations.
post #72 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n4rch View Post

We're talking about GW, so of course I meant GW titles. The point is, AMD performance suffers due to tessellation and driver overhead, which are their faults, and their faults alone. GW has nothing to do with it. This is why requirements are usually higher for AMD. I'm guessing when they tested performance they based the requirements on average framerate. Since we know AMD has significantly higher driver overhead, performance suffers in CPU-bound situations, and in order to compensate, they needed a better performing card on AMD's side to up the average by pushing more fps in GPU-bound situations.

It is true the AMD GPU's have these problems but like every company that competes Nvidia do nothing but exploit them and seeing as Devs are usually one or the other Exclusive about which GPU 'camp' they sit in with games you can pretty much see this is going to be a rubbish game to run on AMD cards.

As usual, we can only speculate as the game isn't out and benchmarks are non-existant. Until then we draw upon past expieriance and that is Gameworks is poison for the industry and it'll rape AMD cards because Nvidia has their foot in the door. I'd like to see how they handle the AMD-based Consoles because the PC community on the AMD side isn't going to like this.

Even then, if it is true. I find it hard to believe that this news hasn't come out sooner, however I can see why they'd hide it given how much Gameworks is detested. AMD fans will hate the fact it's in and Nvidia fans will be moaning because a Gameworks game barely runs without crashing.

Knowing Bethesda I'm sure Fallout 4 would be a stable game but not very good looking. They've yet to release an unplayable game ( From my experiance of all the Elder scrolls and fallout universe games ) So I'll be following this one closely.


You never know, this might be the first Gameworks game that runs well .... ... rolleyes.gif
post #73 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

You did not ask for GW titles. Read your post again mate.
the very topic is about GW, it even saids so in the thread...
post #74 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post


Why? So what? Who cares you get less FPS with gameworks?
Just freakin disable it. No FPS hits, no performance problems, no AMD issues.

You don't like gameworks? Disable it. Who will care? So you will get fog less foggy? Hair less hairy? So what? This will make you throw your mouse and the screen yelling "I don't like the game!!!!"?
I will tell you a little secret: Graphics is not what actually makes the game.

When TressFX got almost 30% performance it on AMD cards, did any of you came and yelled "AMD is ruining the universe?" Or did you just disable it and move on?


To those who has the raw power to run the game at full with gameworks, its cool. To those who don't, well, tough. Disable gameworks, and you are golden.
Several years ago activating AA would be impossible even on top end cards. Now it's trivial even with low end cards. Tech move forward, performance move forward.

Stop crying about it constantly. Your top end card will not always be up to date with the best brand new technology. That is life.

This.

Besides, I'm sure that 80% of the people who play games won't mind, yeah the 20% who use AMD will, but oh well ... as everyone knows, Developers design for the masses.
post #75 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

I honestly don't get you and everyone else that makes that bolded statement. Biggest logically fallacy I've had the pleasure of reading and hearing. What on earth do you think a computationally-intensive graphics library is going to do to your cards? Goodness gracious, of course it is going to hurt performance. You don't somehow magically expect extraordinarily computationally-intensive code to run like charm on hardware that, from a physical standpoint, still isn't there yet in regards to hopefully not feeling a frame-rate drop from including something like Gameworks. 


Lack of understanding of development and the hardship time and cost involved in bringing singular platform specific shaders to the PC, when developers would otherwise not bother at all. GameWorks by design is not entirely friendly as it does add a new entity or middleware to an already crowded space between the DirectX vacuum and hardware - however people like to berate it because of how AMD portrayed it, before such propaganda was culled in the last few weeks (Roy Taylor).

If you don't want to use GW specific libraries, you turn them off - they are not game critical. People are idiots.
post #76 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post

Lack of understanding of development and the hardship time and cost involved in bringing singular platform specific shaders to the PC, when developers would otherwise not bother at all. GameWorks by design is not entirely friendly as it does add a new entity or middleware to an already crowded space between the DirectX vacuum and hardware - however people like to berate it because of how AMD portrayed it, before such propaganda was culled in the last few weeks (Roy Taylor).

If you don't want to use GW specific libraries, you turn them off - they are not game critical. People are idiots.

This is what people miss.

People point to Batman: Arkham Knight and says that it sucks because of Gameworks. But people ignore The Witcher 3 where the general trend of AMD outperforming NVIDIA cards is continuing despite it supporting Gameworks features, too. If a game runs like crap with Gameworks, its likely that it would have been that way regardless. Surely it wouldn't take Rocksteady months to fix Arkham Knight if it was just Gameworks causing issues.
First Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-4370 ASROCK H97M PR04 380x Nitro Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial M500 120GB Seagage 320GB Caviar Blue 1TB Windows 8.1 x86-64 
PowerCase
XFX 550W PS07B 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-4370 ASROCK H97M PR04 380x Nitro Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial M500 120GB Seagage 320GB Caviar Blue 1TB Windows 8.1 x86-64 
PowerCase
XFX 550W PS07B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearPeace View Post



But people ignore The Witcher 3 where the general trend of AMD outperforming NVIDIA cards is continuing despite it supporting Gameworks features, too
really ? I thought amd was far behind in tw3, gw on or not.
post #78 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHADthc View Post

Well...looks like I've got even less incentive to preorder this..now Bugthesda's only saving grace (for me) is if they can write their way out of a wet paper bag with a decent story, because to me FO3's biggest let down apart from the bugs was the lack luster story.

What are you talking about, I loved FO3's story.. well some of it anyways tongue.gif... But fallout and elder scrolls have never been about the story (at least TES 4 and 5), it's been about the exploration and the freedom, the world that's built for you to explore. Granted a wasteland isn't the most exciting place to explore, but there's lots of golden nuggets if you look, like all the screwed up vault experiments. I never really depend on the story being good when these types of games release because it isn't what makes the game great, as much as I do love a good story. I just really hope they create interesting lore and make it feel like a living breathing world, kind of like Morrowind, and keep the amazing Fallout humor as great or better than previous games.
Going Merry
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97M MATX Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC Random RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD H100i Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX 2710 Evolution II 1440p Really old gateway mechanical Corsair HX750 NZXT H440 
Mouse
EVGA Torq Non CF 
  hide details  
Reply
Going Merry
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97M MATX Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC Random RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD H100i Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX 2710 Evolution II 1440p Really old gateway mechanical Corsair HX750 NZXT H440 
Mouse
EVGA Torq Non CF 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

This.

Besides, I'm sure that 80% of the people who play games won't mind, yeah the 20% who use AMD will, but oh well ... as everyone knows, Developers design for the masses, not the loyalists.

So quarterly AIB sales market-share equals the entire gaming market? Not surprising coming from you. rolleyes.gif

For all the people defending Gimpworks, i hope gaming evolved titles return the favor with Async, then watch the 980 Ti perform worse than a R9 280X. I'm sure you guys won't have a problem with that.. tongue.gif

It's PC gaming, not AMD or Nvidia gaming..
Edited by GorillaSceptre - 10/25/15 at 10:07am
post #80 of 163
This.... would really suck if fallout 4 is gameworks frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

really ? I thought amd was far behind in tw3, gw on or not.

I think tw3 was the only game where amd cards actually ran slightly better (not by much though)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI GTX 1080 32GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
(3x) Crucial 256GB (768gb RAID0) WD 3TB EK Supremacy EVO + D5 Vario GT-AP15 
CoolingMonitorMonitorKeyboard
2X HWLABS GTX360 (2x) 1440p QHD PLS MicroBoard 40" 4k MVA Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000 Custom Build Logitech G900 Yamaha RX-V465 + 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI GTX 1080 32GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
(3x) Crucial 256GB (768gb RAID0) WD 3TB EK Supremacy EVO + D5 Vario GT-AP15 
CoolingMonitorMonitorKeyboard
2X HWLABS GTX360 (2x) 1440p QHD PLS MicroBoard 40" 4k MVA Corsair K70 RGB 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000 Custom Build Logitech G900 Yamaha RX-V465 + 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [WCCF] Fallout 4 to Feature NV Gameworks