turns out they're not done fixing the game , new update coming next week
We apologize for the issues some of our customers are encountering, and we’re working on them now. In the meantime, we wanted to respond and offer some assistance where we can and clarify some of yesterday’s messaging.
DLC Availability for Season Pass Owners
- We were made aware of an issue with users who purchased the Premium Edition, and were not receiving their DLC content. We fixed this on the Steam backend with Valve, and all Season Pass holders should now have their DLC. We’re continuing to work with Valve to ensure the content appears correctly for Season Pass holders when viewing it in the Steam Store.
Windows 10 RAM
- Many people have taken note of our system RAM recommendation for Windows 10. We have run detailed performance tests on a variety of systems, and in doing so have found that memory usage and management on Windows 10 simply behaves very differently from Windows 7 and Windows 8, most notably with page file compression. Hence, our recommendation for Windows 10 users if this issue is encountered. On a related note, we recommend that the Windows page file remains enabled on all operating systems.
Change Log / More Patch Notes
- We’ve heard your requests for more patch notes regarding what bugs have been fixed since the last patch was released. We’re working on it and will post these on Friday, October 30th.
- The PC version has also received a host of bug fixes that have been merged over from the consoles. We’ll get you those details early next week.
- For those of you who are new and missed our September patch release, here’s a quick refresher on what we’ve already fixed:
- Reduced frame rate hitches
- Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
- Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
- More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
- Fixed low resolution texture bugs
- Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)
Flickering Bug on Laptops when Running in Full Screen
- We’re aware that some users are unable to launch the game properly in full screen on some laptop configurations. This is a specific problem to a hybrid graphics system introduced on Windows 8.1. We’re actively working with Microsoft support to resolve it, but there is a workaround available by switching the game to run in Borderless Windowed Mode:
1. Navigate to and open your local GSA file. It can typically be found here: "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham Knight\GFXSettings.BatmanArkhamKnight.xml"
2. Find this entry:
0 - Windowed (with border)
1 - Windowed (no border)
2 - Full Screen
3. Set the value to 1, then relaunch the game.
Crash on Launch / Performance Degradation After September Interim Patch
Some users have reported a consistent crash on launch or performance degradations since the interim patch that was released in September. This could be due to configuration files that were modified by 3rd party tweak tools or are marked as Read Only, and were not correctly patched.
Please note that we cannot guarantee compatibility between patches when using 3rd party tools that modify the game files. In addition, users should ensure they have no files marked as Read Only when downloading the patch. If there are still issues, try deleting the Config folder from within …SteamApps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame and allowing Steam to re-download it, followed by verifying the game cache.
- If stability issues are still encountered, this article on our support website also contains some helpful troubleshooting tips:
- We’re aware of an issue where some players are not receiving the DLC achievements. We’re investigating and will report back when this is resolved. Apologies for this error.
Language Support for DLC
- Finally, an issue occurred during the release window where the correct languages were not set for some of the DLC. This has been resolved.