Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Attempting to find a keyboard that has switches similar in feel to mouse buttons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Attempting to find a keyboard that has switches similar in feel to mouse buttons.

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Im trying to find a keyboard with switches that have a very noticeable tactile bump, low travel, and fast rebound? Does such a switch exist? If so is there a keyboard that has them?
post #2 of 26
Romer G has advertised short travel but I don't like them. They feel super stiff, I don't know how anyone can type on them as they feel very tiresome to type on. Otherwise there are Cherry MX clears that will have a noticeable tactile bump. I own the WASD CODE, it's like a more bumpy version of the MX Browns.
Skylake Is Here!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Batch #L535B021 4.7Ghz @ 1.296V GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB  Crucial BX100 250 GB SanDisk SSDPlus 240 GB NZXT Kraken X61  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 & 10 Dell UltraSharp 2913WM 21:9 2560x1080 Ducky Shine 4, CODE WASD, Deck Legend, G710+ EVGA SuperNova G2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid-Tower Ducky Secret SteelSeries Fostex Purple Heart TH-X00 
Audio
AKG K553 Pro, Philips SHP9500, Superlux 668B, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake Is Here!
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K Batch #L535B021 4.7Ghz @ 1.296V GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB  Crucial BX100 250 GB SanDisk SSDPlus 240 GB NZXT Kraken X61  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 & 10 Dell UltraSharp 2913WM 21:9 2560x1080 Ducky Shine 4, CODE WASD, Deck Legend, G710+ EVGA SuperNova G2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Mid-Tower Ducky Secret SteelSeries Fostex Purple Heart TH-X00 
Audio
AKG K553 Pro, Philips SHP9500, Superlux 668B, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoob View Post

Romer G has advertised short travel but I don't like them. They feel super stiff, I don't know how anyone can type on them as they feel very tiresome to type on. Otherwise there are Cherry MX clears that will have a noticeable tactile bump. I own the WASD CODE, it's like a more bumpy version of the MX Browns.
Hmmm I might try their TKL Romer G. Im going to try to get my hands on cherry mx clear switches so I can try them oit before committing to a CODE keyboard as those are custom which makes returning them impossible
post #4 of 26
if you like the audible click, mx greens may be a good option. Unfortunately there isn't any thing super close that i can think of. Though the idea is interesting for a micro switch mechanical style slim keyboard.
post #5 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

if you like the audible click, mx greens may be a good option. Unfortunately there isn't any thing super close that i can think of. Though the idea is interesting for a micro switch mechanical style slim keyboard.
Hmm I've tried MX Greens before (in fact I have a numpad with various mx switches soldered on: Red, Black, Gateron Clears, Ghetto Greens, Blues) and I feel like all the tactile switches are flat once you start tapping them fast enough while with the Omrons you find in mice have the tactile bump every time regardless of how fast I press the button. Is there any vintage keyboard switches that have a similar feel? Im not very familiar with any of them x_x
post #6 of 26
uh, a model m will have a heavy click no matter how fast you press it.


OOHHHH alps blues, they are crunchy like a mouse click, and tactile, but its not a very popular type of switch, and an alps board would be an older board or a higher end custom build.
post #7 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

uh, a model m will have a heavy click no matter how fast you press it.


OOHHHH alps blues, they are crunchy like a mouse click, and tactile, but its not a very popular type of switch, and an alps board would be an older board or a higher end custom build.
Hmm I'll look into it. I really wish I had a force graph of the Omron D2FC-F-7N so I could find a switch that is similar.
post #8 of 26
Try a scissor switch like the Logitech k120. It has lower travel which you are looking for.
post #9 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall Street View Post

Try a scissor switch like the Logitech k120. It has lower travel which you are looking for.
Membrane keyboards don't last long for osu.
post #10 of 26
Thread Starter 
I have already decided that I will refund my Corsair K70 for one of Bloody's Lightstrike keyboards. Will install 90A o-rings on it and it should feel very responsive with a nice bottom out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Attempting to find a keyboard that has switches similar in feel to mouse buttons.