Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PSBLOG] Introducing Detroit, the new PS4 game from Quantic Dream
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PSBLOG] Introducing Detroit, the new PS4 game from Quantic Dream - Page 7

post #61 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post

That's basically the nature of PC gaming, always has been and maybe always will. That doesn't invalidate the fact that low end PC hardware will not be able to achieve what a PS4 can, not only for budget reasons as you pointed out but for optimization reasons as well. (That may or may not change with DX12, we will see)

Yes it does. You do realise it's pretty much regular PC hardware in them? Not magic console parts that somehow perform better. Given the same budget, time and same employees who are working on this game, I'm sure they will be able to get visuals like that (if not, better) out of an Athlon X4 860K and R9 270.

A lot of optimization comes out of the budget as well as employee talent. When developing a game, there isn't a button that they press and it automatically optimizes the game for the hardware. If there was, game development time would be nowhere near as long as it is now and wouldn't cost anywhere near as much to develop.
post #62 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

Yes it does. You do realise it's pretty much regular PC hardware in them? Not magic console parts that somehow perform better. Given the same budget, time and same employees who are working on this game, I'm sure they will be able to get visuals like that (if not, better) out of an Athlon X4 860K and R9 270.

A lot of optimization comes out of the budget as well as employee talent. When developing a game, there isn't a button that they press and it automatically optimizes the game for the hardware. If there was, game development time would be nowhere near as long as it is now and wouldn't cost anywhere near as much to develop.

Again, there is no baseline standard so optimization will suffer. If the only graphic card available was a 270, then you might have a good point but as I've said before, there is no standard. Some might have an R7 250, others may have a GT 640, or a 7970. Sure, if a dev wants to pointlessly develop for one graphics card only (R9 270 in your example) it may get close enough, but lets be realistic here wink.gif Devs that create games for the PC platform obviously NEED to take into account variation in hardware, gpu's, memory, CPU's, etc. Your example is not based in reality, only in hypotheticals. I'm not talking about the hypothetical tongue.gif
post #63 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post

Again, there is no baseline standard so optimization will suffer. If the only graphic card available was a 270, then you might have a good point but as I've said before, there is no standard. Some might have an R7 250, others may have a GT 640, or a 7970. Sure, if a dev wants to pointlessly develop for one graphics card only (R9 270 in your example) it may get close enough, but lets be realistic here wink.gif Devs that create games for the PC platform obviously NEED to take into account variation in hardware, gpu's, memory, CPU's, etc. Your example is not based in reality, only in hypotheticals. I'm not talking about the hypothetical tongue.gif

You do realize theres a way to measure the floating point operations (FLOPs or GFLOPs) of the actual hardware regardless of software?
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Guys please. Every PS4 thread does not need to be a you can build a cheaper PC thread...

If anyone has nothing to say about the game, they can feel free to start their own thread on another subforum and tell us about cheaper PC options...

If anybody truly and utterly hates PS4 or Xbone, they have every right to rant in another thread.

Back on topic. This is a unique game. I was bored of Heavy Rain but mainly because I thought it was something else. I never played it more than 2 hours however I will buy the remaster and try the game once again.
Don't even bother dealing with these people. The envy beats them.

However, there's absolutely no way those are gameplay graphics. But the game looks amazing.
post #65 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki92 View Post

Don't even bother dealing with these people. The envy beats them.

However, there's absolutely no way those are gameplay graphics. But the game looks amazing.

Hopefully it will have a decent narrative. While Cage can be creative, he can go a little off the deep end in regards to narrative at times.
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

You do realize theres a way to measure the floating point operations (FLOPs or GFLOPs) of the actual hardware regardless of software?

Yes, and I also realize it's a meaningless number as far as game performance is concerned biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki92 View Post

Don't even bother dealing with these people. The envy beats them.

However, there's absolutely no way those are gameplay graphics. But the game looks amazing.

I think it might be touched up cinematic but hopefully the gameplay isn't too far off
post #67 of 102
It has come to my realization that console developers are head and shoulder above PC devs, which is all about making awful MMOs and MOBAs. For Valve, it's MOBA and indie-quality rehashes like CS.
post #68 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by darealist View Post

It has come to my realization that console developers are head and shoulder above PC devs, which is all about making awful MMOs and MOBAs. For Valve, it's MOBA and indie-quality rehashes like CS.

Hey I think that's a little too harsh man biggrin.gif I think it's probably a financial issue like Boinz pointed out. That and it's easier to create content for one specific platform vs varied setups
post #69 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post

Hey I think that's a little too harsh man biggrin.gif I think it's probably a financial issue like Boinz pointed out. That and it's easier to create content for one specific platform vs varied setups

I would agree, I think PC development is more than a single magnitude harder than consoles. The multiple configurations along complicates things exponentially. I mean Even if you make it for Xbox, ps and nintento you still only have 3 configurations to worry about vs near unlimited with PC. Budgets have to be allocated and on a console there is probably a ton less budget needed for optimazation and therefore console exclusives turn out really well most of the time.
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by darealist View Post

It has come to my realization that console developers are head and shoulder above PC devs, which is all about making awful MMOs and MOBAs. For Valve, it's MOBA and indie-quality rehashes like CS.

Not really.

Most successful PC exclusives end up making their way to consoles sooner or later. It doesn't matter what genre it is, they end up on consoles.

Console exclusives mostly stay console exclusives because it's the console makers that are funding the devs and use those games as a way to sell more consoles.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PSBLOG] Introducing Detroit, the new PS4 game from Quantic Dream