Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [WCCFtech]AMD Omega 'Special Drivers' Version 2.0 release in November
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCFtech]AMD Omega 'Special Drivers' Version 2.0 release in November - Page 14

post #131 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyeverytime View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post


It (specifically madVR) greatly improves image quality beyond any other renderer.

Do you have any links or instructions on what to setup?

The easiest thing to do is install a program/codec pack that includes MadVR. There are a few out there, but I like SVP 4, as it includes MPC, MadVR, LAV Filters, ReClock, FFDShow for video filters, and of course SVP for frame interpolation. It also has has a nice auto-updater, and MadShi seems to be collaborating with the SVP dev trying to integrate the 2 programs together.

https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Download


I wrote a very specific guide for a subreddit if you need help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastAirbender/comments/3o5f0g/no_spoilers_avatar_video_quality_guide_rewatch/


And MonarchX posted his detailed MadVR settings earlier in the thread:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93831976/Other/Settings.zip
Edited by brucethemoose - 11/2/15 at 12:09am
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #132 of 155
I think K-Lite Basic (or Standard) Codec Pack is the best as it includes most of the necessary basics properly pre-configured - MPC-HC, LAV, madVR (not sure about ReClock).

I do not like SVP... It takes way too much GPU power that forces reduction of madVR quality settings, and its interpolation isn't as good as the ones produced by high-end TV's hardware. I notice artifacts with SVP enabled all the time, even at the highest quality settings. Besides, it always looks fake to me.

If you want the best motion - get a plasma TV or Sony's "Clearer" series that does 60Hz with Light-Strobing. No interpolation will ever replace true clear & clean motion.
post #133 of 155
Raptr features won't be in this years "Crimson" version. Terry Makedon already said it won't be, and the screens show it isn't. So if that is what you are hoping for or against, you won't see it in this version.
post #134 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

I think K-Lite Basic (or Standard) Codec Pack is the best as it includes most of the necessary basics properly pre-configured - MPC-HC, LAV, madVR (not sure about ReClock).

I do not like SVP... It takes way too much GPU power that forces reduction of madVR quality settings, and its interpolation isn't as good as the ones produced by high-end TV's hardware. I notice artifacts with SVP enabled all the time, even at the highest quality settings. Besides, it always looks fake to me.

If you want the best motion - get a plasma TV or Sony's "Clearer" series that does 60Hz with Light-Strobing. No interpolation will ever replace true clear & clean motion.


Ya, SVP isn't as good as newer HDTV ASICs, but it's not bad... After tweaking it, I prefer it over DmitriRender or BlueSky. SVP doesn't need much GPU power by itself, it just multiplies MadVR's load by generating more frames for MadVR to process. SVP's highest settings (specifically, the "complicated" shader) are actually the most artifacty.

Motion interpolation is one of those things you either love or hate, and it's no replacement for fast response times or true high frame rates. But I still like SVP 4, as I've run into fewer bugs than I have with K-Lite, and you can just leave motion interpolation off if you don't like it biggrin.gif
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #135 of 155
Really, not trying to be a jerk, but this has gotten quite a bit offtopic. We actually have a SVP topic.
post #136 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

Really, not trying to be a jerk, but this has gotten quite a bit offtopic. We actually have a SVP topic.
Yea I think this thread derailed some time ago, not that we aren't enjoying the current topic.

While we're on the topic, how can you guys use K-Lite? It's incredibly buggy and does not play back everything properly. I'm telling you, Shark007 bundles this stuff better than the others.

This is on his site, these quotes are from someone in Microsoft.
Quote:
The following quotations are from a person with vast multimedia experience.

"I'd suspect that if I put it to the test I'd find that K-Lite, for example, had done more damage (as measured by crash reports) than some notable percentage of actual outright malware."

"At one point 7 of the top 10 crashes in multimedia on Windows lead squarely to problems induced by K-Lite."

"...the fact remains that they (K-Lite) have been one of the most toxic projects ever released for Windows in any form."

The above quotations encapsulate what prompted me to produce my own codec packs.
I challenge you to try Shark007 as an alternative to K-Lite. It DOES work better than any other codec pack, once you switch you'll never go back. I've tried them all. No other codec packs can play everything. I'm pretty sure they don't update as frequently either.
Edited by cookieboyeli - 11/2/15 at 6:12pm
post #137 of 155
SPV 4 doesn't run, I also don't get any options you listed on reddit when trying to right click on the spv 4 icon in the system tray...
post #138 of 155
As someone already mentioned, it is time to stop polluting this thread with non-relevant information on how to set up your PC to get the best video image. For further questioning, PM me or Brucethemoose (if that is OK with him..?).

This is the last of my replies in regards to HTPC topic.
The settings I posted above are very demanding, but I targeted 1080p. For 1440p, my system would probably not handle it. To monitor your playback, press Ctrl+J during playback. You should only get dropped and delayed frames and/or presentation glitches during start of playback and/or during skipping forward and backward. Once you're 5 seconds into normal play-back, there should be no new dropped and delayed frames and/or presentation glitches. If you still get delayed and dropped frames with presentation glitches, then perform the following in this exact order and check playback (Ctrl+J) after each step to see if you still get dropped & delayed frames and/or presentation glitches:
- Completely turn off Chrome Doubling and Quadrupling, as well as, Luma Quadruping - all in Image Doubling.
- Use Jinc for Luma Doubling.
- Disable SuperRes in Image Refinement and in Chroma Upscaling
- Set Chroma Upscaling to Jinc.
- If you still get issues - PM me
Don't forget - madVR requires high-end GPU.

BACK to topic:
I wonder if these upcoming drivers will improve AMD's OpenCL performance. This can have a direct effect on being able to use those high madVR settings with lower-level GPU. I think that at the moment, AMD is out-performing NVidia when it comes to OpenCL, which helps mid-range cards to compete with high-end NVidia cards in playback with high-quality madVR settings. Further improving OpenCL and D3D11 performance would create another hard blow for NVidia. One thing I do not know is whether AMD allows users to select 12bit output for displays that support it, like most of recent (and even old) HDTV's. NVidia used to only allow 8bit on such displays, but now it allows 10bit and 12bit, and I think even higher. Last I heard, AMD only allows 10bit output. Is that so?
Edited by MonarchX - 11/3/15 at 6:45am
post #139 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

As someone already mentioned, it is time to stop polluting this thread with non-relevant information on how to set up your PC to get the best video image. For further questioning, PM me or Brucethemoose (if that is OK with him..?).

This is the last of my replies in regards to HTPC topic.
The settings I posted above are very demanding, but I targeted 1080p. For 1440p, my system would probably not handle it. To monitor your playback, press Ctrl+J during playback. You should only get dropped and delayed frames and/or presentation glitches during start of playback and/or during skipping forward and backward. Once you're 5 seconds into normal play-back, there should be no new dropped and delayed frames and/or presentation glitches. If you still get delayed and dropped frames with presentation glitches, then perform the following in this exact order and check playback (Ctrl+J) after each step to see if you still get dropped & delayed frames and/or presentation glitches:
- Completely turn off Chrome Doubling and Quadrupling, as well as, Luma Quadruping - all in Image Doubling.
- Use Jinc for Luma Doubling.
- Disable SuperRes in Image Refinement and in Chroma Upscaling
- Set Chroma Upscaling to Jinc.
- If you still get issues - PM me
Don't forget - madVR requires high-end GPU.

BACK to topic:
I wonder if these upcoming drivers will improve AMD's OpenCL performance. This can have a direct effect on being able to use those high madVR settings with lower-level GPU. I think that at the moment, AMD is out-performing NVidia when it comes to OpenCL, which helps mid-range cards to compete with high-end NVidia cards in playback with high-quality madVR settings. Further improving OpenCL and D3D11 performance would create another hard blow for NVidia. One thing I do not know is whether AMD allows users to select 12bit output for displays that support it, like most of recent (and even old) HDTV's. NVidia used to only allow 8bit on such displays, but now it allows 10bit and 12bit, and I think even higher. Last I heard, AMD only allows 10bit output. Is that so?

It doesn't allow only 10bit output, 8bit one works fine. I still haven't seen any anime released on 12bit to check it out.
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
post #140 of 155
Yes, 8bit and 10bit AMD allows, but what about 12bit???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [WCCFtech]AMD Omega 'Special Drivers' Version 2.0 release in November