Originally Posted by Pip Boy
people who use the term whining because people don’t agree with their viewpoint ..
1. The operating system does not feel like your own anymore ( argue that it never was, doesn’t change the product perception ) its the difference between leasing a motor vehicle and just buying the car with some pre paid finance.
2. The operating system does indeed have front doors, back doors, side doors, roof hatches, cellar doors.. you information travels freely like an economic migrant.
3. There have been quite a few people with games that aren’t working properly on Win 10 vs Win 7. You can argue its the game Dev's fault, it probably is .. but that’s the same as saying my game works on windows 7 but not Linux argument ..
4. There have been quite a few driver issues with Windows 10, again see above.
5. The UI is really nice, the rest of the bloat and the app centric design of the desktop is not welcome. It may be the future, but a future decided by who ? The user or the market projectionists? OCN is a desktop PC enthusiast site not a "transitioning to tablet experience" site. Again, see above yes things are changing in that direction I admit, the PC in its current state is going dodo, but they arent doing anything to create a niche or slow it down, they are encouraging it.
6. Data mining, see 1,2 & 6
There are more..
The security argument is ludicrous. For one Microsoft Windows operating systems are like Swiss cheese and always have been, Its part of the problem of having to support everything from everyone and being a massive mega conglomerate . We are all big enough and smart enough now to realise even Andriod / iOS and Linux are not security safe zone.. its impossible to keep a computer system safe all of the time for all of the people. That doesn’t however preclude the option to a least run something that doesn’t ACTIVELY force this open door policy on its end user.