Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Various] Fallout 4 Leaked Gameplay Footage and Screenshots (Seventh Update)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] Fallout 4 Leaked Gameplay Footage and Screenshots (Seventh Update) - Page 40

post #391 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

So I don't get to be a "gamer" because I have a different criteria for what I want in a game than you do? I mean, if graphics really aren't important then why even play PC games to start with? The point for me to spend $2k on video cards wasn't to play games that look like crap...

I game on computers because I've always loved computers. Even if consoles had better graphics I'd still game on PC. I might not be willing to spend the same kind of money on them, but, I'd still be a PC gamer. Of course I've been gaming on PC long before the whole kill your console thing was even a thought. Guess different visions of what it means to be a PC gamer. I game on PC because it offers experiences unlike anything a console can offer. I game on PC because of its massive library going back decades. I game on PC because of choices unlike anything the consoles offer. Not solely because of the graphics. The superior visuals and performance are icing on the cake. And hell, I can even get a little work done on the thing... Very little.

I respect consoles place in the order of things. I'm just a PC gamer at heart. Always will be.
     
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-7820x H115i TUF X299 Mark 1 GTX 1080 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB @ 3600 Samsung 960 evo 500gb m.2 Samsung 850 evo 500GB 1Tb HDD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 pro Acer Predator X34 (34" 21:9 Gsync) DAS Keyboard 4 Professional SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3)  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout with Window Logitech G700s ONKYO TX-NR525 (Receiver) Polk Audio CS2 Series II (Center) 
AudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II (x4) Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 (12" Sub) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4790k MSI Z97A Gaming 6 EVGA 1050 Ti Corsair Vegence Pro 16gb (2400) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 (OS) Seagate 1tb hybrid hdd Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
XB270HU (1440p/144Hz/Gsync) RM850 Rosewill R5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-7820x H115i TUF X299 Mark 1 GTX 1080 ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB @ 3600 Samsung 960 evo 500gb m.2 Samsung 850 evo 500GB 1Tb HDD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 pro Acer Predator X34 (34" 21:9 Gsync) DAS Keyboard 4 Professional SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM3 Active PFC F3)  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout with Window Logitech G700s ONKYO TX-NR525 (Receiver) Polk Audio CS2 Series II (Center) 
AudioAudio
Polk Audio Monitor40 Series II (x4) Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 (12" Sub) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4790k MSI Z97A Gaming 6 EVGA 1050 Ti Corsair Vegence Pro 16gb (2400) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 (OS) Seagate 1tb hybrid hdd Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
XB270HU (1440p/144Hz/Gsync) RM850 Rosewill R5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #392 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

So I don't get to be a "gamer" because I have a different criteria for what I want in a game than you do? I mean, if graphics really aren't important then why even play PC games to start with? The point for me to spend $2k on video cards wasn't to play games that look like crap...

EDIT - I'm not saying that FO4 looks like "crap" though it isn't nearly the best out there. I'm making a broader point about how some "gamers" are so holier than thou when it comes to people who enjoy the best graphics possible; as though we aren't real enthusiasts unless we don't care about graphics. That's BS. The biggest advantage PC gaming has over consoles is the fact that our rigs are generally many times more powerful than any console and that only matters when it comes to outputting better graphics. You can have a great story and game play on an Gameboy...

We said in my opinion. I stand by it too. You said "The point for me to spend $2k on video cards wasn't to play games that look like crap..." Well nobody asked you to dump 2k into graphics cards. Nor should you do so and expect devs to cater to you for making such choices. Its really arrogant for you to think that way. I said your not a gamer more like a benchmarker because of that exact statement. Games did not come from graphical fidelity, they came from interesting stories. If graphics are more important, enjoy playing firestrike and leave us gamers to the video games.

As for the 'advantage' I disagree. The main advantage as always has been of PC gaming is modding. Just because PC hardware keeps expanding means nothing, we occupy a small amount of the market, and devs only port to PC the majority of the time, if you knew this and spent the money regardless, you have only yourself to blame. They don't make much money with us unless its a esport hit or something like LoL, Dota, etc.
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
post #393 of 497
Wow so just because it's not important to you no one should be allowed pretty things? Some of the most amazing games also looked incredible. Go crawl back under your rock.
My Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor i7-4770k Z87-EXPERT Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC edition 16GB (4x4) G.Skill TridentX DDR3 F3-2400C10D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel SSD 335 Series 80GB A-Data XPG SX900 Solid State Drive, 512GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD 1TB Silverstone SOD02 DVD Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Enermax Liqmax II 240 Windows 7 64 bit Dell U2715H Fractal Design Newton R3 Series 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Razer Deathadder Chroma Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Profess... Icy Dock MB994IPO-3SB, 2.5" SAS/SATA to SATA, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor i7-4770k Z87-EXPERT Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC edition 16GB (4x4) G.Skill TridentX DDR3 F3-2400C10D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel SSD 335 Series 80GB A-Data XPG SX900 Solid State Drive, 512GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD 1TB Silverstone SOD02 DVD Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Enermax Liqmax II 240 Windows 7 64 bit Dell U2715H Fractal Design Newton R3 Series 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Razer Deathadder Chroma Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Profess... Icy Dock MB994IPO-3SB, 2.5" SAS/SATA to SATA, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #394 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somasonic View Post

Wow so just because it's not important to you no one should be allowed pretty things? Some of the most amazing games also looked incredible. Go crawl back under your rock.

Mind your own business or read everything. I said if you expect a dev to cater to you and your "take advantage of my 2k GPU" mentality. If you side with that train of thought your just as delusional. No company will ever do that. Crytek tried look where they are at.....Not saying games cant be good and look great, so stop inventing lies.
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgrayedd
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.95GHz 1.387v Asus Prime B350 Plus  RX480 XFX RS 1350/2200 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2933Mhz cas 14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 Windows 10 pro x64 Viotek curved FHD 144Hz EVGA 750w 80 Bronze 
  hide details  
Reply
post #395 of 497
Some of us like graphics and it's disappointing when a dev deliberately releases something sub par. Doesn't mean a game can't be good without outstanding graphics and vice versa. Anyway, I've had an aggravating day and was probably unnecessarily pissy so sorry for that.

Cheers.
My Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor i7-4770k Z87-EXPERT Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC edition 16GB (4x4) G.Skill TridentX DDR3 F3-2400C10D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel SSD 335 Series 80GB A-Data XPG SX900 Solid State Drive, 512GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD 1TB Silverstone SOD02 DVD Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Enermax Liqmax II 240 Windows 7 64 bit Dell U2715H Fractal Design Newton R3 Series 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Razer Deathadder Chroma Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Profess... Icy Dock MB994IPO-3SB, 2.5" SAS/SATA to SATA, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor i7-4770k Z87-EXPERT Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC edition 16GB (4x4) G.Skill TridentX DDR3 F3-2400C10D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel SSD 335 Series 80GB A-Data XPG SX900 Solid State Drive, 512GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD 1TB Silverstone SOD02 DVD Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Enermax Liqmax II 240 Windows 7 64 bit Dell U2715H Fractal Design Newton R3 Series 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Razer Deathadder Chroma Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Profess... Icy Dock MB994IPO-3SB, 2.5" SAS/SATA to SATA, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #396 of 497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklen View Post

I understand your point and I agree, but everyone only seems to care about the graphics. I won't be buying the game on release date, I wait at least untill november the 12th and checkout the reviews and comments about the game and specifically the story and questline itself.

In fact I really enjoyed Fallout New Vegas just because it was a little flat out and simple. On the other hand I also really enjoyed Fallout 3 because it was much more complex and deeper. But the games are hard to compare I feel.

The dialog options in Fallout 3 are really nice indeed for people who get drawn into the story line. On the other hand they sometimes felt long and boring. I think Bethesda is trying to find some place in the middle, but they will dissapoint the hardcore players who are really into the long and interesting dialog options.

We'll see, hopefully the story and setting will be nice.

Funny thing is after you watch the official trailer and look at some of the screenshots directly from Bethesda the game really doesn't look that bad. I won't be buying until a little while later I have some other games I have to play first. So I'll be able to see reviews on it also.

After playing the Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition I guess I expect more developed dialog and voice acting. Which is why I seem a bit disappointed.

It looks like from the trailer that they are definitely focusing on main quests, as while the voice acting isn't that much better it definitely appears to have more effort put into it compared to what was seen in the leaked gameplay videos.

We will have to wait and see what reviewers say to get any conclusive information. But for now I'm basing my opinion on what I have seen so far. I can tell that combat seems much more improved than what I initially thought.

Side-note: Posting 5 more gameplay videos in about 30 mins.

Edited by BiG StroOnZ - 11/5/15 at 10:49pm
post #397 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

Temporal Anti-Aliasing is a huge deal, IMHO. If it is as good as in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Redux, then it would be truly 95% aliasing-free, but at a cost of blur worse than SMAA and FXAA with SubPixel AA. However, ReShade's LumaSharpen + AdaptiveSharpen + TAA = AMAZING results with perfect sharpness and once again, 95% aliasing-free picture.

Bethesda's games (be it Fallout or Elder Scrolls) were never about gameplay. They were always about creating a raw engine & modding tools with the most basic game elements present to promote modding, which eventually turns that raw engine into a real game with great graphics, physics, sound, and gameplay.

Anyone who messed with Skyrim modding knows that it was 85% modding and 15% gameplay, not to mention modding was a lot more fun than actually playing the game. That is why it is best to completely avoid Fallout 4 and not be a mad man paying  for a raw engine + modding tools. Wait 1-2 years and until it is on sale and THEN it will be worth it.

This also leads to another major aspect of Bethesda games (NO its not gameplay) - SCREENSHOTS. Morrowind, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, and now Fallout 4 have insanely boring and repetitive fetch-quests. That is common knowledge and that is once again, why modding will make up for the missing 75% of this game. After modding + ENB + ReShade, Fallout 4 will become a screenshot game, where once again, gameplay has little meaning, but posting beautiful shots is the "main gameplay".

This happened before and it will happen again. Don't be an idiot - don't pay  for a raw engine with basic content & modding tools. Bethesda does not sell full games, but raw basics to get gamers to do the real hard work of actually creating the game, although it is called "modding".

Look at the INSANEST number of bugs Skyrim had and still has after mind-boggling number of Unofficial Patches that fixed over 15000 bugs thus far!". Why pay for this junk?

That may be true for you, but for me buying Skyrim at launch then playing it after I finished my classes and finishing it with no mods was great and will be great again this week with Fallout 4, and often if I'm remodding Skyrim I'll do graphical mods last and only while I'm already playing with a bunch of quest, companion, DLC like, house, weapon/magic/armour and other gameplay mods. I only ever take screenshots when I'm finished and usually when I find a particularly nice place to take a screenshot while I'm playing...After all, how do you think people found the nice spots to take screenshots in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0llinlacs View Post

That's funny because I care 0% about any kind of AA. It's just a bandaid for monitors with poor pixel resolution. I can't believe the sheer amount of different types of AA and the lengths some people go to remove aliasing when it's not the game's fault, it's not the type of AA you're using, it's the monitor that causes aliasing. AA also taxes the crap out of your hardware, which IMHO is completely unnecessary when you could just use a better monitor and enjoy higher framerates at the same time. I'd rather they put effort into other (much needed) things such as textures.

The cost of higher AA is typically equal to the cost of a higher resolution, and I don't particularly feel like gaming on a 15" screen to stay at 1080p with a good PPI. I agree that ideally, you should be able to run it at a high res on a normal sized screen without AA or only 2x but AA makes up for the rest of us without large resolutions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

They look downright crappy IMO. What is all the fuss about this game anyway? These screens wouldn't have looked impressive in 2010, much less 2015...

Because graphics don't make the game, and only art-style can really break the game by being bland or hard on the eyes. Crysis may look better but I personally played it for about 3 hours before getting bored with it, while FO4 will likely break 3 hours without any boredom in the first session I play it if previous Bethesda releases are any indication. Plus, most of the problems aren't the engine or the like but low res textures or meshes in need of tessellation or more polys...Guess what modders can do with ease even before the modding tools launch.
My system
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.6Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1370 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2200Mhz CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB Pioneer DVR-220LBKS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Plus 600w Lian Li Lancool PC-K60 SteelSeries Sensei Professional Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large 
AudioOther
ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.6Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1370 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2200Mhz CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB Pioneer DVR-220LBKS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Plus 600w Lian Li Lancool PC-K60 SteelSeries Sensei Professional Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large 
AudioOther
ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #398 of 497
Art style, graphics, wth? Graphics are the art style. Textures are a part of the graphics and therefore part of the art style. Bad textures break the immersion, point blank, period, end of story. "Art style" can't make up for horrible textures. Nor can amazing lighting and shadows. And I don't want to download a multiple gigabyte texture mod to fix textures that should be better in the first place. And there really is no excuse, if GTA can do it, so can Fallout. That's that for graphics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post


The cost of higher AA is typically equal to the cost of a higher resolution, and I don't particularly feel like gaming on a 15" screen to stay at 1080p with a good PPI. I agree that ideally, you should be able to run it at a high res on a normal sized screen without AA or only 2x but AA makes up for the rest of us without large resolutions.

Exactly. AA is worse than running a higher resolution at a proper viewing distance, because AA is software which means extra processing. You can remove the extra hardware tax by having a monitor that doesn't alias the picture at your viewing distance. 4k has been my blessing because I hate AA (it just blurs everything, no matter the type), I don't like multi monitor setups, and I've always wanted a big screen I could view at close distances without aliasing. I sit 3 1/2 feet from a 55" 4k and I couldn't love it more. I can barely see the aliasing and I'm sitting at the closest recommended viewing distance, so I can see all of the detail.

I'm a pixel whore. In, 1999, before LCD and 1080p were barely becoming a thing, I was gaming on a 23" CRT at 2048x1536 (@75hz, btw). I call it old school HD, lol. My first monitor was 640x480, so I know about bad resolutions. The problem with textures back then was they only looked good from far away. It's better nowadays, especially GTA V, but some FO4 textures look despicable for a 2015 game. Maybe I'm spoiled by GTA V, who knows. All I know is the bad textures are going to break the immersion for me.
Edited by r0llinlacs - 11/5/15 at 11:49pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 @ 4.6ghz Asrock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer XFX R9 290X DD 4gb 8gb Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 640gb 7200rpm WD 1tb USB 3.0 External drive Sandisk SSD Plus 240gb WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
DVD R/W w/ LabelFlash Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 55" 3840x2160@60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
$10 Insignia Antec EA650 Thermaltake V3 Black Edition  Roccat LUA 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Gaming Sony STR-DH830 7.1ch 980watts Sony 6.5" 3-way towers Harmon/Kardon 5ch surround set (run in 7.1ch mo... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
BASH 500-S sub amp 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D412 500 watt sub 10 cubic foot 12" 29hz T-line enclosure Sennheiser HD428 Headphones 
OtherOtherOther
Xbox 360 controller Xbox 360 controller Logitech G27 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 @ 4.6ghz Asrock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer XFX R9 290X DD 4gb 8gb Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 640gb 7200rpm WD 1tb USB 3.0 External drive Sandisk SSD Plus 240gb WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
DVD R/W w/ LabelFlash Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 55" 3840x2160@60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
$10 Insignia Antec EA650 Thermaltake V3 Black Edition  Roccat LUA 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Gaming Sony STR-DH830 7.1ch 980watts Sony 6.5" 3-way towers Harmon/Kardon 5ch surround set (run in 7.1ch mo... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
BASH 500-S sub amp 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D412 500 watt sub 10 cubic foot 12" 29hz T-line enclosure Sennheiser HD428 Headphones 
OtherOtherOther
Xbox 360 controller Xbox 360 controller Logitech G27 
  hide details  
Reply
post #399 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0llinlacs View Post

That's funny because I care 0% about any kind of AA. It's just a bandaid for monitors with poor pixel resolution. I can't believe the sheer amount of different types of AA and the lengths some people go to remove aliasing when it's not the game's fault, it's not the type of AA you're using, it's the monitor that causes aliasing. AA also taxes the crap out of your hardware, which IMHO is completely unnecessary when you could just use a better monitor and enjoy higher framerates at the same time. I'd rather they put effort into other (much needed) things such as textures.

I sort of agree with what you're saying. Ideally we'd just have extremely high density monitors and dispense with AA altogether, and I can't wait until the day when that's a reality. But the reality now is that we're a long way off being able to overcome AA with pixel density alone. Sure, AA taxes the crap out of your PC, but you know what else taxes the crap out of it? Rendering at 8-16k on the 24" monitor that doesn't yet exist, because that's the kind of density you're looking at if you want to make AA truly redundant. I appreciate the native antialiasing effect of my 24" 4k monitor, but I'm not going to pretend that it's anywhere near sufficient to eliminate the need for AA.
Skylake I
(10 items)
 
Skylake II
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare F23a Corsair LPX 32GB CMK32GX4M4A2133C13 Samsung SSD 840 PRO 256GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung SSD 840 PRO 256GB Noctua NH-U12S (+NF-S12A PWM) Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1/Windows 10 Pro x64 Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 
CaseAudio
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (+3x NF-S12A FLX) Asus Xonar Essence STX 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare F23a Corsair LPX 32GB CMK32GX4M4A2133C13 Samsung SSD 840 PRO 512GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung SSD 840 PRO 512GB Noctua NH-U12S (+NF-S12A PWM) Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1/Windows 10 Pro x64 EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
Case
Silverstone Fortress FT02 (+4x NF-A14 PWM) 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake I
(10 items)
 
Skylake II
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare F23a Corsair LPX 32GB CMK32GX4M4A2133C13 Samsung SSD 840 PRO 256GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung SSD 840 PRO 256GB Noctua NH-U12S (+NF-S12A PWM) Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1/Windows 10 Pro x64 Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 
CaseAudio
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (+3x NF-S12A FLX) Asus Xonar Essence STX 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare F23a Corsair LPX 32GB CMK32GX4M4A2133C13 Samsung SSD 840 PRO 512GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung SSD 840 PRO 512GB Noctua NH-U12S (+NF-S12A PWM) Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1/Windows 10 Pro x64 EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 
Case
Silverstone Fortress FT02 (+4x NF-A14 PWM) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #400 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubadah View Post

I sort of agree with what you're saying. Ideally we'd just have extremely high density monitors and dispense with AA altogether, and I can't wait until the day when that's a reality. But the reality now is that we're a long way off being able to overcome AA with pixel density alone. Sure, AA taxes the crap out of your PC, but you know what else taxes the crap out of it? Rendering at 8-16k on the 24" monitor that doesn't yet exist, because that's the kind of density you're looking at if you want to make AA truly redundant. I appreciate the native antialiasing effect of my 24" 4k monitor, but I'm not going to pretend that it's anywhere near sufficient to eliminate the need for AA.

24" at 4k is tiny. You would have to be 1ft away from the screen to see the detail. Look at the recommended viewing distances for 4k screens. The farther you sit, the less pixels you see, but also less aliasing you see. The recommended viewing distance for my 55" 4k is 3.5 feet minimum to 6 feet maximum. I sit 3.5 feet and barely notice the aliasing, and it has extreme detail. At 6+ feet, the detail is lost but the minor aliasing disappears, even with 20/20 vision. A 55" 4k screen can produce text that is only legible even closer than 3ft and even with 20/20 vision, so the closer you are, the better. Anti-Aliasing does nothing but blur the picture, and it's even more noticeable on a 4k screen.

Sorry to anyone that uses AA, but that's how it looks with my eyes. I noticed it with FO:NV. I could read the signs on The Strip from a far distance without AA, but when I enabled AA, the text on the signs was no longer legible. It didn't matter which type of AA I used. I've used CCC, NV control panel, ENB, I've tried them all and tried all the different settings. AA is nothing more than a hardware taxing blur filter.
Edited by r0llinlacs - 11/6/15 at 12:02am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 @ 4.6ghz Asrock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer XFX R9 290X DD 4gb 8gb Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 640gb 7200rpm WD 1tb USB 3.0 External drive Sandisk SSD Plus 240gb WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
DVD R/W w/ LabelFlash Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 55" 3840x2160@60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
$10 Insignia Antec EA650 Thermaltake V3 Black Edition  Roccat LUA 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Gaming Sony STR-DH830 7.1ch 980watts Sony 6.5" 3-way towers Harmon/Kardon 5ch surround set (run in 7.1ch mo... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
BASH 500-S sub amp 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D412 500 watt sub 10 cubic foot 12" 29hz T-line enclosure Sennheiser HD428 Headphones 
OtherOtherOther
Xbox 360 controller Xbox 360 controller Logitech G27 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 @ 4.6ghz Asrock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer XFX R9 290X DD 4gb 8gb Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 640gb 7200rpm WD 1tb USB 3.0 External drive Sandisk SSD Plus 240gb WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
DVD R/W w/ LabelFlash Corsair H100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 55" 3840x2160@60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
$10 Insignia Antec EA650 Thermaltake V3 Black Edition  Roccat LUA 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Gaming Sony STR-DH830 7.1ch 980watts Sony 6.5" 3-way towers Harmon/Kardon 5ch surround set (run in 7.1ch mo... 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
BASH 500-S sub amp 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D412 500 watt sub 10 cubic foot 12" 29hz T-line enclosure Sennheiser HD428 Headphones 
OtherOtherOther
Xbox 360 controller Xbox 360 controller Logitech G27 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Various] Fallout 4 Leaked Gameplay Footage and Screenshots (Seventh Update)