Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [SOLVED]MSI GTX 980 4G hitting 100% Load playing any game
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[SOLVED]MSI GTX 980 4G hitting 100% Load playing any game

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I'm really concerned that there is something wrong with my card. It's hitting 100% Load every time i start any game. It's hitting 60-ish degrees instantly and i've got fans on 80%. my used memory varies from only 1100MB-1800MB while playing and it feels so wierd that it goes up to 100% load with only using less then half of the memory capacity.

Please some1 help me with this. I've contacted MSI to see if my card has a defect or something similar.

my idle temps are fine its sitting on 0% load with 27-30 degrees
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispybagel View Post

I'm really concerned that there is something wrong with my card. It's hitting 100% Load every time i start any game. It's hitting 60-ish degrees instantly and i've got fans on 80%. my used memory varies from only 1100MB-1800MB while playing and it feels so wierd that it goes up to 100% load with only using less then half of the memory capacity.

Please some1 help me with this. I've contacted MSI to see if my card has a defect or something similar.

my idle temps are fine its sitting on 0% load with 27-30 degrees

Isn't that normal behavior? My card does the same thing unless I play a REALLY old game. If it didn't hit full load you might have a cpu bottleneck, but as is I think you are fine. Do the games run well?
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

Isn't that normal behavior? My card does the same thing unless I play a REALLY old game. If it didn't hit full load you might have a cpu bottleneck, but as is I think you are fine. Do the games run well?

Games run very well, just thought it was wierd hitting 100% load playing a non-graphic heavy game.
post #4 of 7
Given your CPU and overclock, it seems pretty good to me.

Temps are OK as well, I seem to rememeber the first thermal throttle was in the 60's.

Personnaly I would be worried if it wasn't at 100%

What games btw and how many FPS / resolution etc?
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispybagel View Post

Games run very well, just thought it was wierd hitting 100% load playing a non-graphic heavy game.

No worries then. thumb.gif
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wihglah View Post

Given your CPU and overclock, it seems pretty good to me.

Temps are OK as well, I seem to rememeber the first thermal throttle was in the 60's.

Personnaly I would be worried if it wasn't at 100%

What games btw and how many FPS / resolution etc?

I was not aware of the fact that it was supposed to going 100% load everytime i hit a game :s

WOW: 60-300 FPS depending on where i am (big cities 60-80ish, raiding/dungs 100-150, outer world up to 250ish.
D3: 100-400 depends ofc
GTA V using 3.5GB memory: 60-100ish FPS
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
My brain just woke up, put on vertical sync and it's 60 fps. The card is about 30-40% load now 40-45 degrees.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [SOLVED]MSI GTX 980 4G hitting 100% Load playing any game