Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclocking a Pentium Dual-Core E6700 (3,20 GHz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclocking a Pentium Dual-Core E6700 (3,20 GHz)

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Hello guys !

I'm new here so I hope I created this thread in the right section ! I did some research on overcloking but I'm afraid I can't manage to overclock my CPU properly so that's why I'm here smile.gif

Here are all my PC specs :
- Motherboard : FOXCONN: 2A8C
- CPU : Pentium Dual-Core E6700 (3,20 GHz)
- GPU : AMD Radeon HD 6450
- 4 GB (2x 2GB I believe)
- running windows 10

My CPU doesn't get a temperature higher than 40-43 degres when working at 100% so I wanted to overclock it a bit so I can get a better gaming experience (more fps actually). I've read tons of overclocking guides but I can't manage to access the commands that should appear in the BIOS which are :

- Select "Quantum BIOS" from the menu using the arrow pad and then press "Enter."
- Highlight "System Turbo" and then press "+" or "-," or "PgUp" or "PgDn," to change the value to "Enabled."
- Scroll to "CPU Bclock (FSB)" and then press "+" or "PgUp" to increase the value.
- Scroll to "CPU Core Multiplier." Press "+" or "PgUp" to increase the value.

That is what I get when I enter the BIOS : http://imgur.com/50u33gk

As you must see the CPU section is in grey and I can't access it at all. I'm running out of ideas so can you guys help me figuring out how to overclock this CPU ? smile.gif

Cheers and have a nice day !
post #2 of 7
Is this a pre-built HP computer? You can not overclock pre-built computers.

HP will have disabled all of the overclocking options in the BIOS, so it can't be overclocked.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Is this a pre-built HP computer? You can not overclock pre-built computers.

HP will have disabled all of the overclocking options in the BIOS, so it can't be overclocked.

Oh yes I'm afraid it is... Is there not any solution to bypass what HP disabled ?
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkalele View Post

Oh yes I'm afraid it is... Is there not any solution to bypass what HP disabled ?

Yes there is. I'm typing this on an overclocked Dell pre-built.
Upgraded from a 2 core (Core 2 Duo E6550 at 2.33 GHz) to a 4 core (Core 2 Duo Q9400 2.66 GHz) overclocked to 3 GHz.
And 2 Gigs DDR2 (667 MHz) upgraded to 4 Gigs overclocked to 750 Mhz..
Quite a performance improvement over the original!

I used SETFSB. .
But it's not for novice overclockers, even though it appears to be. You can easily "brick" you motherboard.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Yes there is. I'm typing this on an overclocked Dell pre-built.
Upgraded from a 2 core (Core 2 Duo E6550 at 2.33 GHz) to a 4 core (Core 2 Duo Q9400 2.66 GHz) overclocked to 3 GHz.
And 2 Gigs DDR2 (667 MHz) upgraded to 4 Gigs overclocked to 750 Mhz..
Quite a performance improvement over the original!

I used SETFSB. .
But it's not for novice overclockers, even though it appears to be. You can easily "brick" you motherboard.

Well as I am quite a beginner, I'm gonna learn a bit more about this topic before trying to use this software. Would you have any basic tips like stuff I should and shouldn't do ?

Cheers smile.gif
post #6 of 7
Best overclocking advice I ever got.

"Overclocking is a slow and methodical process of trial and error, mostly error, often accompanied by cold sweats in the dark of the night ...then you succeed."
"He who tries the most goes the fastest"

Learning to overclock is similar in many ways to learning to ride a two wheel bicycle. No matter how many times you're told "Turn in the direction you're falling." you don't really get it until you're tried it and fallen a few times. And if you don't even have a bicycle - well?

Get an overclocking motherboard and have at it.
There are many, many tutorials and guides about overclocking on the interwebs. Read some and ask about what you don't understand.

And don't be one of those people that says "I have this and how do I overclock it" like you did.
Do some homework first so you can ask intelligent questions and understand the answer(s).
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Best overclocking advice I ever got.

"Overclocking is a slow and methodical process of trial and error, mostly error, often accompanied by cold sweats in the dark of the night ...then you succeed."
"He who tries the most goes the fastest"

Learning to overclock is similar in many ways to learning to ride a two wheel bicycle. No matter how many times you're told "Turn in the direction you're falling." you don't really get it until you're tried it and fallen a few times. And if you don't even have a bicycle - well?

Get an overclocking motherboard and have at it.
There are many, many tutorials and guides about overclocking on the interwebs. Read some and ask about what you don't understand.

And don't be one of those people that says "I have this and how do I overclock it" like you did.
Do some homework first so you can ask intelligent questions and understand the answer(s).

Ok thanks a lot for your answers I already checked out some nice tutorials about SetFSB and I'm planning to practice some easy OC on my brothers old PC !

Cheers mate !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclocking a Pentium Dual-Core E6700 (3,20 GHz)