Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! - Page 324

post #3231 of 7719
I made a separate post when I really should have checked here first. Sorry.

Anyways this is my back light bleed: http://i.imgur.com/5sqkP6J.jpg taken with a DSLR at (ISO 1000, 1/3s, F3.5). The bottom right is the most noticeable when actually using it. I am heavily considering getting a replacement via Newegg's 30 day replacement policy.
post #3232 of 7719
Just got my monitor in today and hooked it up. What do you guys think of these pictures, any BLB to be worried about? When sitting in front of the monitor I don't notice anything out of the ordinary other than a very slight whitest glow in the bottom left and right corner... This is my first IPS panel so I'm not quite sure if that's IPS glow or BLB - it does go away depending on the angle I'm looking at it.

Also have no dead or stuck pixels, no hairs behind the screen, no oil smudges and uniformity seems pretty good for several different color tests. Overall and thus far, I believe I'm pretty pleased. This is also an October built unit.

Pictures are factory settings, I've made no changes yet:


post #3233 of 7719
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post

Are there many points where the panel is stressed from the mounting?

The panel is actually connected to the backlight using a two-sided foam and I found that the BLB is caused by warping of the steel base plate. The plate is screwed to the black plastic frame and it's also resting on struts. The struts are located almost exactly where the BLB is (I made some photos earlier in the thread). I tried to push the struts away from the black plastic frame, but it's not pushing hard enough on the panel to make any difference. I also tried to loosen the screws, but nothing of note happened to the BLB. You can actually reduce BLB by pulling the panel in the corner towards yourself when viewing it. The problem is making it stay that way...
Edited by yellows - 1/20/16 at 5:45pm
post #3234 of 7719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifandbut View Post

I made a separate post when I really should have checked here first. Sorry.

Anyways this is my back light bleed: http://i.imgur.com/5sqkP6J.jpg taken with a DSLR at (ISO 1000, 1/3s, F3.5). The bottom right is the most noticeable when actually using it. I am heavily considering getting a replacement via Newegg's 30 day replacement policy.
is it yellowish in color when viewing in person?
post #3235 of 7719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithik View Post

Just got my monitor in today and hooked it up. What do you guys think of these pictures, any BLB to be worried about? When sitting in front of the monitor I don't notice anything out of the ordinary other than a very slight whitest glow in the bottom left and right corner... This is my first IPS panel so I'm not quite sure if that's IPS glow or BLB - it does go away depending on the angle I'm looking at it.

Also have no dead or stuck pixels, no hairs behind the screen, no oil smudges and uniformity seems pretty good for several different color tests. Overall and thus far, I believe I'm pretty pleased. This is also an October built unit.

Pictures are factory settings, I've made no changes yet:


looks good to me. The all white pic... What brightness is that set at? Looks very high, which can mask the uniformity. I would take a pic at 25 to 30 brightness.
post #3236 of 7719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgt View Post

looks good to me. The all white pic... What brightness is that set at? Looks very high, which can mask the uniformity. I would take a pic at 25 to 30 brightness.

It was at the factory default of brightness 80. I've lowered it to 30 and multiple color tests still look pretty good with uniformity. However on a black background the lower right/left stand out a bit more than the previous pictures. I don't notice a difference looking at the monitor myself but my HTC M8 phone caught it, then again this phone doesn't have the best camera.

New pictures at 30 brightness:


post #3237 of 7719
So now that I am finally back on SLi. Cranked up the monitor to 165 Hz and played BLOPS 3. Hitting 165 stat. HOLY CRAP! Aww yisss.
post #3238 of 7719
Is it really worth it going from 144 to 165 though? I cannot see any difference between 120 and 144. 165 just makes your cards work harder unless the games are older. i wont even bother oc'ing mine.
Trevor's system
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 4690k Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Asus Strix 980 Ti Asus Strix 980 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Trident 16GB 8x2 pc3 2400mhz 19200 Samsung Evo 850 1TB M.2 Corsair neutron 240GB SSD Sandisk Ultra II 240Gb 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 7 Acer XB271HU Microsoft wireless 2000 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Corsair Air 540 Cyborg Rat 7 corsair gaming 
  hide details  
Reply
Trevor's system
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 4690k Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Asus Strix 980 Ti Asus Strix 980 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Trident 16GB 8x2 pc3 2400mhz 19200 Samsung Evo 850 1TB M.2 Corsair neutron 240GB SSD Sandisk Ultra II 240Gb 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 7 Acer XB271HU Microsoft wireless 2000 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Corsair Air 540 Cyborg Rat 7 corsair gaming 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3239 of 7719
In FPS games yes.
post #3240 of 7719
How many of you have gotten a good monitor the first time? It seems like every review I read on Amazon and newegg people are having to send back 2-3 to get a decent one. I can't make my mind up on what I want to do if I want to attempt the hassle


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!