Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! - Page 340

post #3391 of 7719
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCM2 View Post

The first image is part of the Nvidia 3D Vision setup wizard. The second image is from my review of the ASUS PG278Q (in future, nefrusy, be sure to attribute the original source of the image).
Hi, sorry about that... When I grabbed the pics I used the original address but I didn't provide a link to the article itself... I edited the post to include it. BTW love your site! PCMonitors.info and TFT Central are basically my two go-to sites for monitor reviews right now.
post #3392 of 7719
So I'm sitting in front of my 5th Acer XB270HU and still problems ... dust and one beard hair or something which is changing his position ( probably while I'm cleaning the screen, because of the pressure it moves around )
Acer promised me a flawless screen and thats what I get.....

I contacted Acer to get a refund, I hope I'm getting it... I mean I should get it, but I mean I hope I get it directly from Acer.
If this is the case, I'm wondering what Monitor I should get instead... I still want 1440p, 144Hz, G-Sync and IPS
So I can choose between XB271HU and PG279Q.


I read a lot of experience in this thread... But I'm still not sure about the XB271HU.
Is the possibility of dust, bad uniformity and/or dead pixels lower with the XB271HU compared to the XB270HU?
Sometimes, I read about dust/dead pixels/bad uniformity.... And many times I don't read anything about that. Mainly about BLB/Glow, but I don't really care about that ( only if its too extreme )
post #3393 of 7719
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefrusy View Post

Hi, sorry about that... When I grabbed the pics I used the original address but I didn't provide a link to the article itself... I edited the post to include it. BTW love your site! PCMonitors.info and TFT Central are basically my two go-to sites for monitor reviews right now.

No worries. That's awesome to hear! thumb.gif
post #3394 of 7719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotty View Post

**** my life... I had Jackpot with Dead Pixel. God never will get this again for sure. 2x Jackpot? Never !

I'd just keep that screen if I were you, if it's perfect other than that you aren't going to get anything better.

I know some people think they should get a perfect screen at that price point, and they are right to an extent.
However, considering that most of these seem to have noticeable defects, if the odds that you get a better one are that low, you should probably keep it. That's what I'm doing with my XB270HU despite the fact that its uniformity bothers me sometimes, because I have minimal BLB, no dead pixels and no dust, and I know even the best ones have mediocre uniformity anyways.
Edited by Pereb - 1/30/16 at 2:45pm
post #3395 of 7719
Just got my XB271HU yesterday. No problems here, everything is perfect. Build date November.

Gotta find a new home for the rog swift now.
X99
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6950X Asrock X99 Taichi Lightning Z Corsair DP- 16gb-3000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
960 Pro-500gb Windows 10  Acer Predator Z35P Samsung C32HG70  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Evga 850 P2 Corsair Air 540 G900 Sound blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
X99
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6950X Asrock X99 Taichi Lightning Z Corsair DP- 16gb-3000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
960 Pro-500gb Windows 10  Acer Predator Z35P Samsung C32HG70  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Evga 850 P2 Corsair Air 540 G900 Sound blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3396 of 7719
Is it worth the premium over the XB270? Seem like a lot of bad QA going on here.
post #3397 of 7719
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithik View Post



I thought I had a pretty good monitor when I hooked it up a week and a half ago, but it seems like the bottom right corner is starting to get pretty bad. It's a silvery color so i'm assuming it's regular IPS glow and not so much BLB - if I change the angle I'm looking at it, it does go away. Decently noticable in games, especially the new Tomb Raider, if it's a black area of the game or if it's night time.

Screen more or less stays the same if I back up a bit and take another picture. This is at 40 brightness.

There is nothing you can do about it. Every monitor with those AUO panels will have IPS glow.

Although there are "low glow" panels. Eizo has them. I have one 1080p 24" in front of me and it has in dark games almost absolutely zero IPS glow. There is a variant with 1440p, but it does not have G-Sync or 144Hz refresh rate, and costs almost as much as XB1 or PG9.

Well, you can mitigate IPS glow by having small source of light behind you (small LED bulb), if you are not dark-cave freak like me tongue.gif
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB 2063/6000 24/7 G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3398 of 7719
If you play in the dark the IPS glow is massively reduced in my experience. For games like Tomb Raider and some other RPGs I have started playing in the dark. At least worked for my monitor that btw has very little IPS glow to begin with.
post #3399 of 7719
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicTix View Post

So I'm sitting in front of my 5th Acer XB270HU and still problems ... dust and one beard hair or something which is changing his position ( probably while I'm cleaning the screen, because of the pressure it moves around )
Acer promised me a flawless screen and thats what I get.....

I contacted Acer to get a refund, I hope I'm getting it... I mean I should get it, but I mean I hope I get it directly from Acer.
If this is the case, I'm wondering what Monitor I should get instead... I still want 1440p, 144Hz, G-Sync and IPS
So I can choose between XB271HU and PG279Q.


I read a lot of experience in this thread... But I'm still not sure about the XB271HU.
Is the possibility of dust, bad uniformity and/or dead pixels lower with the XB271HU compared to the XB270HU?
Sometimes, I read about dust/dead pixels/bad uniformity.... And many times I don't read anything about that. Mainly about BLB/Glow, but I don't really care about that ( only if its too extreme )
be prepared to pay for the shipping back to Acer. They didn't offer any shipping reimbursement to me when I sent back my XB1 for bad pixels.
post #3400 of 7719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintenance Bot View Post

Just got my XB271HU yesterday. No problems here, everything is perfect. Build date November.

Gotta find a new home for the rog swift now.
How about Ebay wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!