Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! - Page 341

post #3401 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgt View Post

be prepared to pay for the shipping back to Acer. They didn't offer any shipping reimbursement to me when I sent back my XB1 for bad pixels.
Well I've never paid Acer for sending my monitor back. I always got a parcel label from them to send it back ( 4 times already ) tongue.gif

Maybe because I'm from germany, I don't know
post #3402 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

What is the original source of the first image? What game or test was it from? Where can it be found?
Sorry, I should have included the sources... I already updated the post w the PCMonitors.info source. The first pic was from a blog about 3D Vision, it's the 3D test screen from the Nvidia drivers. http://3dvision-blog.com/9009-some-3d-vision-monitors-may-have-resolution-issue-in-3d-mode/The test image has hexagons for one eye and triangles for the other, so alternate frames display those two shapes. I think because of that, it makes it easier to see the pixel inversion artifact. But I'm not sure if it is exactly the same problem in both pictures.
post #3403 of 7811
Right now I am living with the one that has like 15+ stuck pixels as I can't notice em. My 2nd one was checked for pixels apparently there was none, I get it and there was more than this one... They said it must have happened in transit... Which seems like a bull**** excuse. The build of mine is Oct 2015. I was wondering if I'd have more luck with a Nov build... Bearing in mind the backlight bleed etc on this one is extremely minor, just the stuck pixels I can't notice when gaming...
post #3404 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberduck123 View Post

Right now I am living with the one that has like 15+ stuck pixels as I can't notice em. My 2nd one was checked for pixels apparently there was none, I get it and there was more than this one... They said it must have happened in transit... Which seems like a bull**** excuse. The build of mine is Oct 2015. I was wondering if I'd have more luck with a Nov build... Bearing in mind the backlight bleed etc on this one is extremely minor, just the stuck pixels I can't notice when gaming...
15 is quite a few... My concern in your case is if it already has 15, what about a year from now? 15 to me sounds like you got a bad panel.
post #3405 of 7811
If you have 15 stuck pixels there's no way you wouldn't notice them. It's probably something different you're seeing.
post #3406 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pereb View Post

If you have 15 stuck pixels there's no way you wouldn't notice them. It's probably something different you're seeing.
They are definitely stuck, green on black backgrounds but most are in corners, where my eyes don't focus, plus this is a 1440P panel so they are very small.
post #3407 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgt View Post

15 is quite a few... My concern in your case is if it already has 15, what about a year from now? 15 to me sounds like you got a bad panel.

That's my worry, I could get it replaced by Acer I guess... Thing is I don't need the stress right now, as i've got some things going on and I went through 6 Asus PG279Qs all with faults so I'm not exactly full of hope. 2 of these both with faults... I can see me never getting a good one.
post #3408 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberduck123 View Post

That's my worry, I could get it replaced by Acer I guess... Thing is I don't need the stress right now, as i've got some things going on and I went through 6 Asus PG279Qs all with faults so I'm not exactly full of hope. 2 of these both with faults... I can see me never getting a good one.
Completely understand your position, however with 15 I would be pretty concerned about the life span of your panel. I would be shocked if you received a replacement with anywhere near that amount of dead pixels. Definitely worth a shot imo, but to each their own.
post #3409 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgt View Post

Completely understand your position, however with 15 I would be pretty concerned about the life span of your panel. I would be shocked if you received a replacement with anywhere near that amount of dead pixels. Definitely worth a shot imo, but to each their own.
Agree, out of the 7 XB1's I've tried the most stuck pixels I ever got in one screen was 3. No way would I even think about keeping a screen with even 3 stuck pixels, let alone 15. Send that POS back.
post #3410 of 7811
I calibrated my monitor which led to reducing the brightness level to 25. Its low, but so is the ambient light in my office. That greatly reduced the BLB and IPS glow that I had. Guess I got lucky with this monitor despite the cracked plastic on the stand neck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!