Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! - Page 357

post #3561 of 7726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Yea, but their estimated price tag is thus far- riddiculous

This leads me to estimate that they're either blowing smoke like Eizo did with their just as expensive freesync variant, or that this monitor may have some better guarantees. Who knows...
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3562 of 7726
So, I can confirm that backlight bleed MIGHT decrease over time - at least it did in my case. I got my XB271hu two weeks ago, realized that there were backlight bleed and instantly thought about sending it back. I was hesitant though as I previously had sent back 3 samples of the XB270HU monitor, so I thought that I might at least enjoy it for a while. I did, and below are the results.

First day of use:



Almost two weeks later (today):



There are some super-slight bleed left, only visible when taking a photo (as the camera exaggerates the colors and stuff) and as far as I can tell my monitor has no bleed now. biggrin.gif
I don't know if this applies to all monitors, but it might at least be worth a try if you're able to.
Edited by athjernquist - 2/7/16 at 3:53pm
post #3563 of 7726
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellows View Post

What I'm interested in is 'SuperClear'. Maybe they added a A-TW filter? One can only hope tongue.gif

As far as I'm aware, this would need to be applied at panel manufacturer stage, and as AUO make them, not Viewsonic, we won't be so lucky. Sure as hell is about time someone realised producing such a panel would sell by the truck load though!! I wonder if anyone from these companies ever goes online or is aware of what their customers are saying about their product... wouldn't take a genius to recognise an opportunity here. That said, I reckon we're by far the minority... most people who buy these junk panels think they're amazing and don't even see the faults, or think it's just normal, and/or convince themselves it's not that bad because they've spent so much money on it. These people probably don't even know what a forum is unfortunately, so we're just left here shouting like ants in football stadium full of the deaf and blind.
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3564 of 7726
Guys, I need your help.

I'm pretty sure this question was answered a million times already, but it's hard for me to navigate through dozens of pages so do me a favor and answer it once more. I'm a noob and just bought this monitor. What software should I use to calibre my monitor and what settings are recommended? Any help on this matter is appreciated!
post #3565 of 7726
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1cares View Post

Guys, I need your help.

I'm pretty sure this question was answered a million times already, but it's hard for me to navigate through dozens of pages so do me a favor and answer it once more. I'm a noob and just bought this monitor. What software should I use to calibre my monitor and what settings are recommended? Any help on this matter is appreciated!

I am using spyder 5 with pro software.
If you not want to buy it, try my settings.

Important! Load the icc profile, install it and set it as standard in the windows Color management.

Profil Link

Meine OSD Einstellungen

R 88 G 84 B 89

Brightness 35 - Contrast 50 according120cd und 6500k

Greetz from germany

Btw. My third acer xb 271HU is nearly flawless - very little BLB
post #3566 of 7726
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1cares View Post

Guys, I need your help.

I'm pretty sure this question was answered a million times already, but it's hard for me to navigate through dozens of pages so do me a favor and answer it once more. I'm a noob and just bought this monitor. What software should I use to calibre my monitor and what settings are recommended? Any help on this matter is appreciated!
If you don't have a colorimeter like a ColorMunki Display, i1 Display, Spyder, etc., you can't use any software for calibration other than the calibration utility that is built into Windows. Honestly it isn't THAT bad, you can get close to ideal results by adjusting those settings.

Take a look at some of the prior posts back on pages 347 and 349 by nefrusy and yellows, those pointers were pretty helpful to me for my 1st try using a colorimeter. My ideal settings thus far have been to set the monitor at 27 brightness, 2.2 gamma, 50 contrast, and R 96, G 92, B 100. Using the colorimeter helped to find these values, using my ideal brightness of 120 cd/m2 and 6500K white point. Every monitor is different and my settings may look like crap on your monitor.
post #3567 of 7726
It´s just a suggestion and a basis for start :-)
post #3568 of 7726
I just got this lovely monitor and so far I am loving it! FINALLY I have a monitor I am satisfied with biggrin.gif

Over the last 7-8 months I have been on a LONG journey to find a monitor that I could be satisfied with. During this time I have had the following monitors in possesion and they have all dissapointed me:

x2 XB270HU - dead/stuck pixels and bad bleed and glow on both.

1x ASUS MG279Q - no Gsync but atleast it had high Hz rates. HORRIBLE yellow glow...and I mean HORRIBLE.

x1 Dell S2716DG - reeeally washed out colors (I have been using IPS for a long time) and lots of banding issues.

x1 BenQ BL3200PT - I was angry and thought to my myself "**** Gsync and high Hz rates. I'm tired of these damn lotteries, I'm going for a safe bet". This monitor had the worst bleed I had EVER seen and the lack of Gsync and high Hz rates was very obvious for me...

Then Acer XB271HU was on sale so I bought it. Very little bleed and glow. Black is black all over the screen. No problems with any pixels. Now this is what such an expensive monitor should be like!
Finally I am satisfied! thumb.gif
post #3569 of 7726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garham View Post

I just got this lovely monitor and so far I am loving it! FINALLY I have a monitor I am satisfied with biggrin.gif

Over the last 7-8 months I have been on a LONG journey to find a monitor that I could be satisfied with. During this time I have had the following monitors in possesion and they have all dissapointed me:

x2 XB270HU - dead/stuck pixels and bad bleed and glow on both.

1x ASUS MG279Q - no Gsync but atleast it had high Hz rates. HORRIBLE yellow glow...and I mean HORRIBLE.

x1 Dell S2716DG - reeeally washed out colors (I have been using IPS for a long time) and lots of banding issues.

x1 BenQ BL3200PT - I was angry and thought to my myself "**** Gsync and high Hz rates. I'm tired of these damn lotteries, I'm going for a safe bet". This monitor had the worst bleed I had EVER seen and the lack of Gsync and high Hz rates was very obvious for me...

Then Acer XB271HU was on sale so I bought it. Very little bleed and glow. Black is black all over the screen. No problems with any pixels. Now this is what such an expensive monitor should be like!
Finally I am satisfied! thumb.gif
Congrats on getting a display you are happy with. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase from and what is the build date on your display? Thanks.
post #3570 of 7726
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy84 View Post

Congrats on getting a display you are happy with. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase from and what is the build date on your display? Thanks.
I also got an XB I am happy with, it was from an Amazon reseller and it is an October build.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!