Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! - Page 358

post #3571 of 7793
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy84 View Post

Congrats on getting a display you are happy with. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase from and what is the build date on your display? Thanks.

Thanks!

I purchased mine from Komplett.se, a swedish site. The build date is October 2015. I don't know if build date makes any real difference, I was probably just lucky.
post #3572 of 7793
Just to add another data point mine has been great from day 1. Minimal BLB and no issues doing 165hz. Hopefully things continue to progress smoothly.

24318818000_5be8ad632a_h.jpg
Hex Gear R80
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Asus RIVBE GTX 1080Ti G Skill 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Ultra II 480 GB  SanDisk Ultra II 480 GB  EK Water Blocks, EK 480 and 360 Radiators, Swif... Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator xb271hu Ducky DK9008P Premier Green & White Corsair RM1000 Hexgear R80 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder Asus Xonar U7, HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
Hex Gear R80
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Asus RIVBE GTX 1080Ti G Skill 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Ultra II 480 GB  SanDisk Ultra II 480 GB  EK Water Blocks, EK 480 and 360 Radiators, Swif... Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator xb271hu Ducky DK9008P Premier Green & White Corsair RM1000 Hexgear R80 
MouseAudio
Razer Deathadder Asus Xonar U7, HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3573 of 7793
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckweedpb7 View Post

Just to add another data point mine has been great from day 1. Minimal BLB and no issues doing 165hz. Hopefully things continue to progress smoothly.

24318818000_5be8ad632a_h.jpg

It looks so much better without the awful stand on it. When I eventually get mine I might do something similar
post #3574 of 7793
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckweedpb7 View Post

Just to add another data point mine has been great from day 1. Minimal BLB and no issues doing 165hz. Hopefully things continue to progress smoothly.

Must be a November model. Mine doesn't have those stickers in the bottom left, just "IPS In-Plane Switching" as an October model.
post #3575 of 7793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithik View Post

Must be a November model. Mine doesn't have those stickers in the bottom left, just "IPS In-Plane Switching" as an October model.
same... Wonder why they changed it?
post #3576 of 7793
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgt View Post

same... Wonder why they changed it?

Maybe for better marketing? Like when a store puts a display model up? Mine is an Oct. build and has the IPS logo as well, but I think it looks better because it doesn't look like a sticker. Hard telling what their real reason was. Glad to see in general though more people are getting good panels.
post #3577 of 7793
Hey all,

i'm really curious in regards to this monitor and I have some dilemma which I hope I can get a couple of inputs from you guys.

So i recently bought one of the korean monitor 2795qhd and have been extremely please with it for its price and performance.

Now i'm thinking of going to dual set up and wondering.

Between these 2 - XB271HU vs 2795QHD and whether I should go for the one that is more expensive.

1. Is there a huge different in terms of the picture/color quality ?
2. Major difference will be 144Hz vs 96 Hz (at a minimum refresh rate) and the G-Sync module yeah?
3. Height adjustable / tilt-able / rotatable which can be fix with a vesa mount.


I'm just wondering why do you go for XB271HU instead of one of the korean one for its much cheaper price point ?
post #3578 of 7793
Quote:
Originally Posted by clause View Post

Hey all,

i'm really curious in regards to this monitor and I have some dilemma which I hope I can get a couple of inputs from you guys.

So i recently bought one of the korean monitor 2795qhd and have been extremely please with it for its price and performance.

Now i'm thinking of going to dual set up and wondering.

Between these 2 - XB271HU vs 2795QHD and whether I should go for the one that is more expensive.

1. Is there a huge different in terms of the picture/color quality ?
2. Major difference will be 144Hz vs 96 Hz (at a minimum refresh rate) and the G-Sync module yeah?
3. Height adjustable / tilt-able / rotatable which can be fix with a vesa mount.


I'm just wondering why do you go for XB271HU instead of one of the korean one for its much cheaper price point ?
Curious, why would you go with 2 different monitors for a dual monitor set up? Looking at NewEgg your Crossover is half the price of the XB271HU, if you love your current one why not just get another? I can't answer all your questions but I'll take a shot.

1. Assuming the Crossover has the LG AH-IPS panel, it *should* be a tad better than the AUO panels in the Acer? I am not positive though, but generally people love the LG IPS panels. These AUO panels in the Acer and Asus 144hz IPS monitors have their fair share of flaws but if you get a good one you will love it.

2. Isn't the 2795QHD max of 75hz refresh rate? You could overclock it I guess, but you run the risk of frame skipping. I'd take the guaranteed refresh rate of 144hz and overclock of 165hz any day over the Korean IPS monitors. Is there a difference between 96hz and 144hz? Yes but you will likely not notice it depending on what type of games you play. If it is CSGO then you might see a difference. The bigger question is, will you see a difference in 96hz overclocked with frame skipping, compared to guaranteed 144hz, possibly yes. I have never owned a Koren IPS monitor so maybe the one you have will not exhibit frame skipping. But that would be a deal breaker for me.

G-Sync will not make your games look smoother. 45FPS is still 45FPS. All it does is eliminate tearing by matching monitor refresh rate with frame rate. It does work very nicely especially within the 45-120FPS range.

Also keep in mind the 6ms response time of the Crossover vs 4ms response time of the Acer.

Here's a link to the 2795QHD thread on this forum. People report frame skipping even at 75hz?
http://www.overclock.net/t/1555354/official-crossover-2795-qhd-pwm-flicker-free-overclock-able-matte-1440p-ah-ips/20

3. The Acer is VESA compatible, not sure of the Crossover.
Edited by jlp0209 - 2/8/16 at 9:38pm
post #3579 of 7793
Quote:
Originally Posted by clause View Post

Hey all,

i'm really curious in regards to this monitor and I have some dilemma which I hope I can get a couple of inputs from you guys.

So i recently bought one of the korean monitor 2795qhd and have been extremely please with it for its price and performance.

Now i'm thinking of going to dual set up and wondering.

Between these 2 - XB271HU vs 2795QHD and whether I should go for the one that is more expensive.

1. Is there a huge different in terms of the picture/color quality ?
2. Major difference will be 144Hz vs 96 Hz (at a minimum refresh rate) and the G-Sync module yeah?
3. Height adjustable / tilt-able / rotatable which can be fix with a vesa mount.


I'm just wondering why do you go for XB271HU instead of one of the korean one for its much cheaper price point ?

I have the 2795QHD oced to 100hz, some can get as high as 110, so anywhere between 100-110hz you should be able to get. Aside from it not being 144hz and not having Gsync its as good if not better than the Acer in terms of image quality. For $300 ($500 less than the Acer) makes it an absolutely killer deal. I got really lucky with mine having no bleed, and the IPS glow was minimal out of the box. If there is any bleed its very easy to open the monitor up and loosen the metal frame so it doesn't pinch the panel to create bleed.

144hz is great and coupled with gsync really makes it awesome, but is it $500 more awesome? Hell no!
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
Malinka Kalinka
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k 4.2GHz MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 6 140mm Fractal Design Case Fans Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-i  Cooler Master V750 Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Chroma Philips Fidelio X2 Logitech Z623 200 W 2.1 Speaker System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3580 of 7793
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post

Curious, why would you go with 2 different monitors for a dual monitor set up? Looking at NewEgg your Crossover is half the price of the XB271HU, if you love your current one why not just get another? I can't answer all your questions but I'll take a shot.

1. Assuming the Crossover has the LG AH-IPS panel, it *should* be a tad better than the AUO panels in the Acer? I am not positive though, but generally people love the LG IPS panels. These AUO panels in the Acer and Asus 144hz IPS monitors have their fair share of flaws but if you get a good one you will love it.

2. Isn't the 2795QHD max of 75hz refresh rate? You could overclock it I guess, but you run the risk of frame skipping. I'd take the guaranteed refresh rate of 144hz and overclock of 165hz any day over the Korean IPS monitors. Is there a difference between 96hz and 144hz? Yes but you will likely not notice it depending on what type of games you play. If it is CSGO then you might see a difference. The bigger question is, will you see a difference in 96hz overclocked with frame skipping, compared to guaranteed 144hz, possibly yes. I have never owned a Koren IPS monitor so maybe the one you have will not exhibit frame skipping. But that would be a deal breaker for me.

G-Sync will not make your games look smoother. 45FPS is still 45FPS. All it does is eliminate tearing by matching monitor refresh rate with frame rate. It does work very nicely especially within the 45-120FPS range.

Also keep in mind the 6ms response time of the Crossover vs 4ms response time of the Acer.

Here's a link to the 2795QHD thread on this forum. People report frame skipping even at 75hz?
http://www.overclock.net/t/1555354/official-crossover-2795-qhd-pwm-flicker-free-overclock-able-matte-1440p-ah-ips/20

3. The Acer is VESA compatible, not sure of the Crossover.

1. Right that sounds great.

2. Yes there are 2 versions to it. You can get one with overclockable and the base (most of the time you will hit 96Hz easy). I don't play way too much FPS, just like an occasional gamer that enjoy beautiful look and the smoothness of the higher refresh rate. I have check for frame skip and there is none on my korean monitors. They are honestly pretty good and bang for buck for what you are getting. I can easily clock to 110Hz and still no frame skip just that I don't see a point to it.

3. That frame skip issues are pretty rate i reckon. Mine certainly does not have that behaviour.

4. Yeah it is vesa mount compatible - which is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

I have the 2795QHD oced to 100hz, some can get as high as 110, so anywhere between 100-110hz you should be able to get. Aside from it not being 144hz and not having Gsync its as good if not better than the Acer in terms of image quality. For $300 ($500 less than the Acer) makes it an absolutely killer deal. I got really lucky with mine having no bleed, and the IPS glow was minimal out of the box. If there is any bleed its very easy to open the monitor up and loosen the metal frame so it doesn't pinch the panel to create bleed.

144hz is great and coupled with gsync really makes it awesome, but is it $500 more awesome? Hell no!

Right, yeah hearing it makes it more sensible to get another of this korean monitor i reckon for my need especially now where there is discount going on, on ebay which make the price even sweeter.

Thanks for the input, that really helps a lot!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!