Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! - Page 410

post #4091 of 7811
I've just ordered another XB271HU in the hope that this one has less BLB on the right hand side and better white uniformity than the one i have currently.

I will let you know my findings tomorrow evening and compare BLB and uniformity between the panels.

I will then return which ever is worse next week for a full refund smile.gif I had nothing to lose so thought why not!
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4092 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylrese View Post

Do you notice the bottom right hand side is brighter than the rest? That's what i can see on mine too. I wondered if it was a defect or 'normal' for this panel.

The right hand side is definitely brighter on a white screen than the rest of it.

Still toying with the idea of ordering a second one to compare them and pick the best out of the two. Need to decide in next few hours as only got this weekend left with my current one before refund rights end.
Yeah I do notice some slight variation on mine, at least with test images up showing solid colors. But it's definitely not something I worry about, and I never notice it in daily use. If it were something like very strong backlight bleed that gave an orange cast to the edges of dark images, then I would have a problem. But to me, minor variation in color & brightness aren't a deal-breaker. Personally, I'd only expect a perfect panel if I were buying a monitor designed for professionals (ex. comes with its own calibration tool), which means it'd cost the same (or more!) and only run at 60Hz.
post #4093 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylrese View Post

I've just ordered another XB271HU in the hope that this one has less BLB on the right hand side and better white uniformity than the one i have currently.

I will let you know my findings tomorrow evening and compare BLB and uniformity between the panels.

I will then return which ever is worse next week for a full refund smile.gif I had nothing to lose so thought why not!

Careful, put on your flame suit before people slam you for trying to get the monitor that you paid good money for. wink.gif

Having gone through more of these than I care to post about, I can tell you you won't find your golden goose. You may get another one that has zero BLB, but the sides of the screen will be darker. Or there will be a brown tint toward the top. Or you may get zero BLB but severe flash lighting- which won't go away over time. Or no BLB but half the screen is not as uniform. Or you could get even worse BLB always visible but otherwise perfect panel. Or you can get no BLB but stuck pixels or dead pixels. My personal favorite is the eyelash / hair under the screen, ruining an otherwise perfect screen.

You get my point. I've yet to see an XB271 or Asus that has perfect white uniformity AND no other flaws. It's come down to picking your poison with these monitors. Good luck and hope you get a good one.
post #4094 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post

Careful, put on your flame suit before people slam you for trying to get the monitor that you paid good money for. wink.gif

Having gone through more of these than I care to post about, I can tell you you won't find your golden goose. You may get another one that has zero BLB, but the sides of the screen will be darker. Or there will be a brown tint toward the top. Or you may get zero BLB but severe flash lighting- which won't go away over time. Or no BLB but half the screen is not as uniform. Or you could get even worse BLB always visible but otherwise perfect panel. Or you can get no BLB but stuck pixels or dead pixels. My personal favorite is the eyelash / hair under the screen, ruining an otherwise perfect screen.

You get my point. I've yet to see an XB271 or Asus that has perfect white uniformity AND no other flaws. It's come down to picking your poison with these monitors. Good luck and hope you get a good one.
I cross fingers , viewsonic xg2073 will bring us what we are asking for.
I am ready to pay $1000 for the perfect panel (with glow only) and perfect warranty.
Just need to wait 6 months .... in europe.
Edited by ToKuten - 3/3/16 at 6:18am
post #4095 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post

Careful, put on your flame suit before people slam you for trying to get the monitor that you paid good money for. wink.gif

Having gone through more of these than I care to post about, I can tell you you won't find your golden goose. You may get another one that has zero BLB, but the sides of the screen will be darker. Or there will be a brown tint toward the top. Or you may get zero BLB but severe flash lighting- which won't go away over time. Or no BLB but half the screen is not as uniform. Or you could get even worse BLB always visible but otherwise perfect panel. Or you can get no BLB but stuck pixels or dead pixels. My personal favorite is the eyelash / hair under the screen, ruining an otherwise perfect screen.

You get my point. I've yet to see an XB271 or Asus that has perfect white uniformity AND no other flaws. It's come down to picking your poison with these monitors. Good luck and hope you get a good one.

I hear you man! Already put on my fireproof socks this morning smile.gif I dont care, i already spoke to the seller about it and they couldnt care less that one of them will be returned.

I just fancy my chances with trying another so i at least know I have tried for an even better one! I can live with mine but i'd have been even happier if it had no / even less BLB!

I am getting these direct from supplier who distribute them to retailers. That atleast cuts out the middle man and avoids them being man handled by an excitable teenager in the store thumb.gif I am lucky enough to be in the business and know someone who can get them shipped directly to me completely cutting out the middle man and any issues with them being returned items etc.

Previously, I tried 2 x ASUS PG279Q's and both had dust behind the panel so i feel your pain. That was just stupid. My second had no dust or dead pixels but super bright spots of BLB which could be seen in all lighting conditions and normal use.
Edited by Darylrese - 3/3/16 at 6:34am
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4096 of 7811
Hey guys, I got a brand new one from Jan 2016 manufacture date last Friday, so it has almost been a week. Here are my issues:

Both right and left panes have a light blue hue. Only noticeable on white or gray Windows. It doesn't bug me too much as most editing I do in the center of the screen. And I hear there is nothing to be done about this. I can live with it.

I have what looks like a blue stuck pixel towards the bottom of the screen. I can't see it on any red, blue, green, or white screen, but on black it shows up. Maybe I could run an hour long unstick pixel video and it would get rid of it, and I could probably live with it, but it still bugs me and I see it on darker screens if I look for it.

BLB - I feel like I got a pretty bad one. At first I didn't know what I was looking for and thought mine looked fine but then I started noticing it, and it's pretty orangish in the lower right almost consuming a quarter of the screen, definitely a quarter when brightness is turned all the way up. Will this go away over time? I have 3 more weeks to return the monitor, but want to get your guys input. Here's a cell phone image of the screen with brightness all the way up:



And one with regular brightness:



As you can see it's almost splotchy.

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards returning this one and trying my chances again.
post #4097 of 7811
Mine looks very similar to the second photo, although I have less bleed/glow/whatever in the lower right. The orange does seem a little strong in your photos - does it show up in regular use?

I don't think you would be wrong to try again with another sample, especially if you couple the orange tint with the dead pixel.

BTW this whole thread reads like a techie's version of body dysmorphia. We're all running around asking each other "Am I fat?" smile.gif
post #4098 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtis View Post

Hey guys, I got a brand new one from Jan 2016 manufacture date last Friday, so it has almost been a week. Here are my issues:

Both right and left panes have a light blue hue. Only noticeable on white or gray Windows. It doesn't bug me too much as most editing I do in the center of the screen. And I hear there is nothing to be done about this. I can live with it.

I have what looks like a blue stuck pixel towards the bottom of the screen. I can't see it on any red, blue, green, or white screen, but on black it shows up. Maybe I could run an hour long unstick pixel video and it would get rid of it, and I could probably live with it, but it still bugs me and I see it on darker screens if I look for it.

BLB - I feel like I got a pretty bad one. At first I didn't know what I was looking for and thought mine looked fine but then I started noticing it, and it's pretty orangish in the lower right almost consuming a quarter of the screen, definitely a quarter when brightness is turned all the way up. Will this go away over time? I have 3 more weeks to return the monitor, but want to get your guys input. Here's a cell phone image of the screen with brightness all the way up:



And one with regular brightness:



As you can see it's almost splotchy.

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards returning this one and trying my chances again.

Nah that's not good mate. Way too much BLB there.

Here's mine for a comparison and even i am trying for a better one!

Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
Playstation 4
(0 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.2v MSI X99A GodLike Gaming Carbon EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 3T... Full custom watercooling loop Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer XB271HU  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE Corsair HX1050 Professional Series Corsair 760T White Roccat Kone XTD 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Roccat Alumic Asus D2X Sound Card Bose Companion 5 Speakers NZXT Hue+ RGB Lighting  
Other
Logitech G25 Steering Wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4099 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier0829 View Post

Mine looks very similar to the second photo, although I have less bleed/glow/whatever in the lower right. The orange does seem a little strong in your photos - does it show up in regular use?

I don't think you would be wrong to try again with another sample, especially if you couple the orange tint with the dead pixel.

BTW this whole thread reads like a techie's version of body dysmorphia. We're all running around asking each other "Am I fat?" smile.gif

Haha, you got a good chuckle out of me there. Yea, I guess it's a toss up. I guess I'm wondering if the blb will get better over time. I'll also see if I can get the pixel unstuck
post #4100 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylrese View Post

Nah that's not good mate. Way too much BLB there.

Here's mine for a comparison and even i am trying for a better one!


I don't see anything on yours. Haha. It looks perfect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!