Originally Posted by Malinkadink
Booted up my pc this morning and everything was all blurry/pixelated looking, it was like going back to 8 bit era, rebooted and it fixed itself. Not sure if it had something to do with the monitor or my GPU. Power cycling the monitor didn't seem to fix it. Strange stuff....
Wow, spooky... the same thing happened to me just yesterday (XB271hu + GTX 970), I took a picture:
I power cycled the monitor and it did nothing, then I changed the refresh rate on the Nvidia control panel and the display lost signal completely so at that point I just hit the reset button on the PC. It's probably another G-Sync module glitch, I've never seen anything like that.
EDIT: OK the issue happened again today, here's the rundown:
- It happens after you go back from power saving (if you set up "Turn of the display: X minutes" in Windows Power Options)
- After coming back from sleep the image looked fine, but 3-4 seconds later the signal "blinked" (the power LED lights up for a split second) and then the image was all garbled like in the picture
- After it happened I turned the display off for several seconds and when I turned it back on I got NO SIGNAL
- Tried unplugging DP cable several times on both ends, no luck (note: I heard the "hardware detection" Windows sound several times even when I had no signal on the screen)
- I had Deep Sleep turned OFF
- I plugged in the HDMI cable and it looked perfectly fine
- After that I switched to DP again (Windows thought there were 2 displays) and the image was fixed (weird)Edited by EXPERIMENTONGOD - 6/27/16 at 1:08pm