Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! - Page 620

post #6191 of 7847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post

Anything that supports 2048x1536 @ 75hz+ is pretty darn good as far as I'm aware. LaCie Electron Blue IV and the Sony FW-900 are pretty much as good as it gets for standard and widescreen respectively.

Maybe it's the games or an in-game setting causing it? I'd try turning off options like motion blur. Maybe give Quake or UT a spin and see if those have the problem as well. I'd keep the Acer if it doesn't have any problems, the tube will go out on your CRT sooner or later and it's likely impossible to source a replacement now.

It's nice when you're running 1280x1024 at 100-120hz+ smile.gif

I'm pretty certain blur is off, i'll double check that though
post #6192 of 7847
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx234 View Post

I've just confirmed it. An interesting behaviour. I can get along with this. Now whenever I alt+tab between ulmb and non-ulmb mode, the brightness levels are the same.

I also noticed that the "G" button in osd opens a diagnostic screen. I do not know when that happened, it offered me some profiles before but it reveals interesting values, also for how long the monitor has been in use/turned on.
It looks like you accidentally got into the service menu. Normally you get there by holding the far left button ("G" button) when turning the power on, I believe. Also, from your pics, it looks like burn-in mode is turned on. AFAIK this won't hurt anything, it just means your power LED is glowing orange, and when you don't have a signal to the monitor, it'll cycle through different colors. You can turn it off in the service menu by moving the cursor over to burn-in, and clicking a menu button to disable (can't recall the buttons used for moving & selecting).
post #6193 of 7847
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefrusy View Post

It looks like you accidentally got into the service menu. Normally you get there by holding the far left button ("G" button) when turning the power on, I believe. Also, from your pics, it looks like burn-in mode is turned on. AFAIK this won't hurt anything, it just means your power LED is glowing orange, and when you don't have a signal to the monitor, it'll cycle through different colors. You can turn it off in the service menu by moving the cursor over to burn-in, and clicking a menu button to disable (can't recall the buttons used for moving & selecting).
yep, it reset to normal mode after the last poweroff. I think the monitor also needs firmware update: sometimes there is a thin column in the middle of the screen removed and attached to the outer left border. this only happens after a few cycles (30-40) between ulmb and normal mode.
post #6194 of 7847
Is updating the firmware on this monitor actually possible? It has no service usb ports, just the powered hub.
post #6195 of 7847
I made a thread on updating monitors but everyone just ignored it.

It depends on the interface and if the gsync chip can also be updated.
Non gsync monitors can easily be updated with the RT 809f flasher if they have a VGA port.
I don't own this device so I can't test it for anyone, although I did use the software in demo mode.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LCD-USB-RT809F-Universal-EPROM-FLASH-VGA-ISP-AVR-GAL-PIC-USB-Programmer/162112913304?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38701%26meid%3D87979d7de8d745d78f519360004f01a1%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D251316521321
It identifies the Benq flash chip just fine (Macronix MX25L1606E)

The Mstar ISP device can update some monitors, including updating through the DVI port, but it's unknown whether newer monitors flash chips are supported.
http://www.yoycart.com/Product/5278188206/LCD_TV_development_tool/

I do own this device and it has no problem flashing the VG248QE and various Benq Z series monitors, including brick recovery.

Gsync monitors can pose a problem. All depends on if the flash chip can be identified if you can even connect an interface to it.
(Benq monitors use a Macronix flash chip).

I have a few friends in China. I'll ask if they can read the Chinese page and see if it can flash any Gsync monitors.

Or if any of you want to practice your Chinese.....here you go.
http://www.ifix.net.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=325&extra=page%3D1
Edited by Falkentyne - 8/29/16 at 5:47pm
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6196 of 7847
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsoap View Post

retail stores like Frys or Microcenter. Or using those stock alert websites and buying on amazon/newegg/etc

Are you just speculating or what? Because Amazon/Newegg haven't been restocked in forever.. that's what I'm referring to.

And if they buy old versions at a retail store.. then whatever, have fun with the broken "vertical line" firmware. That is not what I am interested in. I am waiting for the new stock with the firmware they said they fixed a month or two ago.
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6197 of 7847
Hi,

Burning question on the Acer Predator XB271HU - is the logo on the front lighted? And if so can you turn the light off? That would bug me. Hope so. Now if I can just find it anywhere. Sigh.

Thanks!
post #6198 of 7847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

I made a thread on updating monitors but everyone just ignored it.

It depends on the interface and if the gsync chip can also be updated.
Non gsync monitors can easily be updated with the RT 809f flasher if they have a VGA port.
I don't own this device so I can't test it for anyone, although I did use the software in demo mode.
...Snip
I imagine most of us saw it. It's just that until someone can get their hands on FW there's not much to discuss.
post #6199 of 7847
Just got a delivery estimate from amazon. Should be shipping tomorrow.
post #6200 of 7847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

Are you just speculating or what? Because Amazon/Newegg haven't been restocked in forever.. that's what I'm referring to.

And if they buy old versions at a retail store.. then whatever, have fun with the broken "vertical line" firmware. That is not what I am interested in. I am waiting for the new stock with the firmware they said they fixed a month or two ago.

The onlines were pulled but the one I recently bought was from Microcenter, doesn't appear to have any vertical line issue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!