Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! - Page 640

post #6391 of 7811
I got your point, but you said that your panel doesnt have any glow which is technically not possible.
For your banding issue, it's the first time I read that for this monitor, and the fact you got it twice in a row is incredible.. Are you sure it's not your environment or your hardware causing this issue ?
post #6392 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

Indeed. I don't think one G-SYNC monitor has PWM dimming, so they look fine at lower refresh rates. 60 FPS for example is still 60 FPS, whether the refresh rate is 60 Hz or 144 Hz. There will be slightly more motion blur at 60 Hz is all, although the difference isn't as pronounced as expected and it's secondary to screen tearing which is horrible.
I think most manufacturers have been moving away from PWM in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LON4 View Post

you can't avoid IPS glow on an IPS panel as far as I know.
There's a coating to minimize it. The coating introduces a color tint to the glow and would likely cost slightly more for the manufacturer. Considering how cheap QC has been with these panels I don't see it happening on any gaming monitor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozan Akin View Post

the problem is not glow. colour bandling.

Getting a colorimeter and profiling the display should minimize it.
post #6393 of 7811
I wanna learn this bandling problem is a panel problem ? because I live in Turkey and I bought monitors from amazon and I only have two raplacement right frown.gif
Edited by Ozan Akin - 9/28/16 at 10:47am
post #6394 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LON4 View Post

For your banding issue, it's the first time I read that for this monitor
I already mentioned it in my post:



@Ozan Akin:
I think you should keep it, unless you wanna go for a totally different model. It looks for me rather like the graphics driver has issues. Maybe you can test with an old engine or run a game on your mainboard-installed graphics card (if you have that) or on CPU to see if it's really the monitor. It seems to me that all the colors are there, but something else is causing the edges.
post #6395 of 7811
Hello everyone! I have a new XB271HU and have a very strange problem here. I have now had TWO of these monitors and both have what seems to be a dead pixel in practically the exact same spot. I have tried different display port cables thinking that was somehow the problem. It is uncanny, it is definitely the the exact same area as the last one and possibly the exact same spot.

Is it possible that somehow my video card is producing this spot on the screen? I have taken two photos to show it, one super close up to really show it. It's in the bottom right side of the screen.

Just annoying enough that it bothers me during gaming.

Any ideas on how it could be or what to try? The two monitors were from the same batch, only off by a couple numbers in the serial number. So maybe all these panels had a weird dot on them or what the heck?


post #6396 of 7811
Looks like dirt or dust.
post #6397 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post

Looks like dirt or dust.

I should have mentioned it in my first post, it isn't dirt or dust because I've tried rubbing it with some monitor cleaner (DUO-Clean is the actual product) and the spot is under the glass or part of the actual panel somewhere.

And it's strange because I just returned the last one for this exact same spot, I thought I was going nuts so I checked the serial numbers.
post #6398 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by microtech View Post

Hello everyone! I have a new XB271HU and have a very strange problem here. I have now had TWO of these monitors and both have what seems to be a dead pixel in practically the exact same spot. I have tried different display port cables thinking that was somehow the problem. It is uncanny, it is definitely the the exact same area as the last one and possibly the exact same spot.

Looks like a dust speck under the surface (since you couldn't rub it off). There aren't supposed to be any such spots, and it is indeed very strange that you got two with a dust speck at the exact same location, but dust under the surface is a very common issue with this model. Returning the monitor and trying another is probably the best option.
post #6399 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwtd View Post

Looks like a dust speck under the surface (since you couldn't rub it off). There aren't supposed to be any such spots, and it is indeed very strange that you got two with a dust speck at the exact same location, but dust under the surface is a very common issue with this model. Returning the monitor and trying another is probably the best option.

Thanks for the reply, yes I am afraid you are probably right. Man that is disappointing with such a high end monitor!

The people at microcenter are going to think I'm nuts bringing another one back but I guess I'll have to. I'm going to wait until they get a new shipment of a new batch because if two had the dust I'm not even going to try a third from that batch.

Thanks again!
post #6400 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by microtech View Post

Thanks for the reply, yes I am afraid you are probably right. Man that is disappointing with such a high end monitor!

The people at microcenter are going to think I'm nuts bringing another one back but I guess I'll have to. I'm going to wait until they get a new shipment of a new batch because if two had the dust I'm not even going to try a third from that batch.

Thanks again!

Wait!! Don't return / exchange just yet. You can get rid of dust specks usually. I had a couple with my monitor and now it is flawless. Yours is in a good location fairly close to the bottom of the screen. Take a micro fiber cloth and put it against the screen where the dust speck is. Flick at the speck with your index finger / whatever finger you want. You may need to flick toward the side, center, or even up, assuming downward doesn't work. Don't be afraid to flick hard- you may have to. Eventually that bugger will drop beneath the visible area of the screen. I've done this on at least three separate monitors and it has worked EVERY time. I had 6 dust specks on the new ViewSonic that I tried and they all went away.

It may take awhile- like half an hour of flicking, but it should hopefully work. Don't return without trying this!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!