Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics! - Page 641

post #6401 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post

Wait!! Don't return / exchange just yet. You can get rid of dust specks usually. I had a couple with my monitor and now it is flawless. Yours is in a good location fairly close to the bottom of the screen. Take a micro fiber cloth and put it against the screen where the dust speck is. Flick at the speck with your index finger / whatever finger you want. You may need to flick toward the side, center, or even up, assuming downward doesn't work. Don't be afraid to flick hard- you may have to. Eventually that bugger will drop beneath the visible area of the screen. I've done this on at least three separate monitors and it has worked EVERY time. I had 6 dust specks on the new ViewSonic that I tried and they all went away.

It may take awhile- like half an hour of flicking, but it should hopefully work. Don't return without trying this!

Oh wow ok definitely I am going to try right now! This is the kind of thing I was hoping to hear, awesome man thanks! I'm trying it and hoping for the best.
post #6402 of 7811
Half an hour though... of flicking. That's gonna a be a sore finger nail.
post #6403 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

Half an hour though... of flicking. That's gonna a be a sore finger nail.

Ya this is very true, after like 10 minutes of flicking my finger is hurting pretty good haha, I've rotated fingers even! smile.gif

However it did seem to move the speck down a bit, not completely off yet but I swear it did move an inch or two even. I now am marking it with my mouse cursor to see for sure.

Definitely a pain in the ass and my girlfriend is looking at me like *** are you doing as I flick the crap out of my screen.


EDIT - I went more than 30 minutes on the dang thing and it never moved again... I think I'll try my luck with another one. Dang was worth a try!
Edited by microtech - 9/29/16 at 11:13am
post #6404 of 7811
I returned it and got another one, no dots on this one that I can see. WOOOHOOO I may have finally got a good one here!
post #6405 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozan Akin View Post

Can someone encounter this problem at games. Like rainbow effect


Look at the sky you can see


now under water at dark scene.

If you mean by rainbow effect that the dark blue sky / water color gradients have visible bands instead of a seamless transition then yes it is visible. Then read

https://hardforum.com/threads/nvidia-or-amd-for-color-accuracy-and-calibration-features.1873362/

to understand the nature of this.
post #6406 of 7811
Hey, I just bought one of these today, got it from Amazon in Canada, just thought I would pass along that it's the new firmware version that I have seen mentioned here, I signed up because I was getting solid colors flashing on the screen, but it seems I might have turned on some sort of burn in utility when I went looking for the firmware version? At least I read something like that up thread a ways, aside from that it appears to be a good panel, and the high refresh rate with gsync is pretty appealing so far. I'm running it with a 1070 and a 6700k.








Seems fairly normal from what I have seen that's brightness only at 28, picture taken at 1/8s f1.8 iso 300, I should also say that's a lot more than I can see with my own eyes.
Edited by blargy - 9/29/16 at 7:35pm
post #6407 of 7811
Hello again everyone. I'm loving this XB271HU again now that I have a good one. I even bought a ColorMunki Display colorimeter.

I wonder if someone could help me with a question on the calibration of this thing.

Do I want to set all settings back to default like the color mode? I leave it on USER and put it all back to 100 for R G B?

If so then I wonder how does it work for gaming because I know most games ignore ICC profile. I saw people talking about ReShade but that doesn't work for all games...

So do I really leave the colors at full max or should I set them down THEN do the colormunki so games have adjusted colors a bit?

Trying to figure this out! Thanks for any help.
post #6408 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by blargy View Post

Hey, I just bought one of these today, got it from Amazon in Canada, just thought I would pass along that it's the new firmware version that I have seen mentioned here, I signed up because I was getting solid colors flashing on the screen, but it seems I might have turned on some sort of burn in utility when I went looking for the firmware version? At least I read something like that up thread a ways, aside from that it appears to be a good panel, and the high refresh rate with gsync is pretty appealing so far. I'm running it with a 1070 and a 6700k.

Seems fairly normal from what I have seen that's brightness only at 28, picture taken at 1/8s f1.8 iso 300, I should also say that's a lot more than I can see with my own eyes.

If you go back into the service menu (hold 1st button while powering on monitor), you can turn off the burn-in mode. I think it enables itself automatically when you go into the service menu for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by microtech View Post

Hello again everyone. I'm loving this XB271HU again now that I have a good one. I even bought a ColorMunki Display colorimeter.

I wonder if someone could help me with a question on the calibration of this thing.

Do I want to set all settings back to default like the color mode? I leave it on USER and put it all back to 100 for R G B?

If so then I wonder how does it work for gaming because I know most games ignore ICC profile. I saw people talking about ReShade but that doesn't work for all games...

So do I really leave the colors at full max or should I set them down THEN do the colormunki so games have adjusted colors a bit?

Trying to figure this out! Thanks for any help.

You should download DisplayCAL, it's an open source program for doing calibrations. It'll work with ColorMunki, and many other colorimeters out there. One of the first steps you do is adjust your RGB settings to get a good white through the on screen display, rather than through a profile. Once you've done that, technically you could just cancel the calibration and call it good. The profile is still useful for cleaning up 10-90% white (the interactive one is for 100% white), and it can fix the gamma... but like you mentioned, not everything respects the loaded profile.

If you need help with DisplayCAL, feel free to PM me. One main thing you need to do is make sure it downloads the right color correction files for your ColorMunki. Once you have the files, you should see something like "Spectral: LCD White LED IPS" as an option in the correction drop down. You need to pick that in order to correctly calibrate the whitepoint. If it didn't automatically grab the files, you can do it through Tools - Import colorimeter corrections, and check i1 Profiler.
post #6409 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefrusy View Post

If you go back into the service menu (hold 1st button while powering on monitor), you can turn off the burn-in mode. I think it enables itself automatically when you go into the service menu for some reason.

Thanks, but I forgot to mention that I had done a full reset which cleared it up, I had a few nervous moments though. I'm pretty happy with it
post #6410 of 7811
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefrusy View Post

You should download DisplayCAL, it's an open source program for doing calibrations. It'll work with ColorMunki, and many other colorimeters out there. One of the first steps you do is adjust your RGB settings to get a good white through the on screen display, rather than through a profile. Once you've done that, technically you could just cancel the calibration and call it good. The profile is still useful for cleaning up 10-90% white (the interactive one is for 100% white), and it can fix the gamma... but like you mentioned, not everything respects the loaded profile.

If you need help with DisplayCAL, feel free to PM me. One main thing you need to do is make sure it downloads the right color correction files for your ColorMunki. Once you have the files, you should see something like "Spectral: LCD White LED IPS" as an option in the correction drop down. You need to pick that in order to correctly calibrate the whitepoint. If it didn't automatically grab the files, you can do it through Tools - Import colorimeter corrections, and check i1 Profiler.

Wow man thank you so much! I have never heard of DisplayCAL but checked it out and dang it is AWESOME! It's way more in depth compared to the colormunki software. I like how it helps you adjust the RGB values, mine were very close to start but some adjusting got them all lined up. Now it's running the calibration and it's been going for like 20+ minutes doing all kinds of tests. I can tell it's way more in depth.

So thanks for the info, I'll check this out! I imagine I should uninstall the colormunki software so it doesn't try and compete with this for the ICC profile or something.

I also noticed when I installed it there was a question about USE DISPLAY CAL or USE WINDOWS SETTINGS and I left it as the use displaycal which it recommended. Does that mean it will be using its own ICC management or something? Or it still uses Color Management in windows I imagine, it has to right?

I guess I'll see here soon! Very cool, thanks again!



EDIT - If I go into NVIDIA control panel and turn my digital vibrance up after doing the color profile, does it basically eliminate the point? For some reason I really like the digital vibrance cranked to 100%, all the colors just look awesome to me. But does that kill the point of a profile? The colors are way better now after profiling, even with vibrance so I'm happy regardless, I just wondered about it, technically the colors are out of wack with vibrance right?
Edited by microtech - 9/30/16 at 9:55am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Acer XB271HU- share your experience and show pics!