- What happened? after 1 week I started getting 6f MB error code.Win7 64bit would boot ok.The 6f code came up as windows was
begining to start. never before as during posting.
- Are you able to reproduce this problem consistently? yes, every time I boot up computer.
- What steps did you take to reproduce this problem? As I stated every time I boot
- What action did you expect to occur when this bug appeared? Did not expect anything because system booted
- Any additional information that will help us diagnose the issue:Well I spent 10 hours on phone with asus tech support over 3 weekends.They trouble shot my ram,video card, ssd drive,clear cmos and went through the bios settings.I even flashed the bios
in case it got corrupted and also installed the latest bios but no fix I still get the 6f error.I sent MB back to newegg and got a replacment
MB and on first boot it all was good no 6f error. however on the next boot up BAMMM there it was again 6f error code and yes win7
did start ok and everything runs ok on win7.
My build spec's are:intel 6700k,2 sticks corsair dominator gt platinum 8 GB each total 16 GB,asus gtx 780
video card,corsair 860 watt pwr.supply,corsair 110 water cooler and I did back off the screws which may have been over snug,plextor ssd just one256 g
I tried booting w/ 1 stick of ram got same bf error code ditto on the other ram stick.
Funny thing is bF is what the MB q-code shows I thought it was 6F so bF says reserved for future ami codes
however the asus manual is printed BF in capitals and a 6F code is printed just as typed.A little confusing.
- Browser, active browser addons, and operating system:I use firefox no addons yet,OS Win7 64 bbit
- URL where the issue occurs:
Edited by rpruden - 11/22/15 at 12:43pm