Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for? - Page 111  

post #1101 of 1177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijgert View Post

Is the Asus having the same issues as the X34? Is it bad?

Mixed results so far, need it to open up to US to get more people reporting theirs in. Not enough people own it to tell for sure.

Being that it is the same panel as the X34 I am not expecting a massive difference between the two. Just need a break down to reveal it is same panel and not a Rev2.0, which someone mentioned earlier it is same, but we will see. Even if it is the same panel and they got rid of coil wine and I can't identify the scanlines/BLB , I would keep it. Seems like of the units reported so far they are reaching the 100hz that they boast which isn't always the case with the X34 so far.
post #1102 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiryama View Post

Mixed results so far, need it to open up to US to get more people reporting theirs in. Not enough people own it to tell for sure.

Being that it is the same panel as the X34 I am not expecting a massive difference between the two. Just need a break down to reveal it is same panel and not a Rev2.0, which someone mentioned earlier it is same, but we will see. Even if it is the same panel and they got rid of coil wine and I can't identify the scanlines/BLB , I would keep it. Seems like of the units reported so far they are reaching the 100hz that they boast which isn't always the case with the X34 so far.

Yes but we need to WAIT. There are literally a handful of PG34's out there, relative to the X34 which has been out months. Asus don't have any better a track record than Acer... just look at the PG279Q mess. It's the same panel, no suggestion from any reliable source anywhere that it's a revision... some fool started this rumour without any evidence whatsoever other than Asus worship. A tear down will reveal this soon enough no doubt. At best we can hope Asus have done a better job on QC, having paid attention to all the unhappy X34 owners. But if that guarantees (or at-least offers far better odds of) 100Hz, scan line and coil whine free, then that's all it needs.
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
post #1103 of 1177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

Yes but we need to WAIT. There are literally a handful of PG34's out there, relative to the X34 which has been out months. Asus don't have any better a track record than Acer... just look at the PG279Q mess. It's the same panel, no suggestion from any reliable source anywhere that it's a revision... some fool started this rumour without any evidence whatsoever other than Asus worship. A tear down will reveal this soon enough no doubt. At best we can hope Asus have done a better job on QC, having paid attention to all the unhappy X34 owners.

Exactly, they just announced their new panels which aren't in this unit so it has to be the same. They would advertise if it were different because it would pull in more users. That's why I just want those 2 things solid and call it a day. I want to see what CallSignVega has to say about it as well! Hell i'll send him my unit when its available to test it out Haha. He tested several of the 21:9 already and a Oled ( wheee.gif )

But yeah, I don't think that there will be much difference, seems QC is a bit better though. majority of people who posted pics here so far haven't had terrible BLB or coil wine so I'm down to spend my money. Might wait to have monoprice officially announce their unit with specs that is supposed to be $500.
post #1104 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiryama View Post

Mixed results so far, need it to open up to US to get more people reporting theirs in.
Don't mind, he's just trolling. rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Not enough people own it to tell for sure.
Problem will be the same before months, as either private or pro reviewers can have rare good/bad product through the lottery.
We will need tenths of owners to identify a valid trend.
Quote:
Being that it is the same panel as the X34 I am not expecting a massive difference between the two.
Is it only a panel plugged to an nvidia gsync card and mounted in a plastic frame ?
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there's more inside, be it hardware or software.
To be confirmed (and not by a tech wannabe).
post #1105 of 1177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDav View Post

Don't mind, he's just trolling. rolleyes.gif
He asked a genuine question so it deserves a genuine answer.
Quote:
Problem will be the same before months, as either private or pro reviewers can have rare good/bad product through the lottery.
We will need tenths of owners to identify a valid trend.
Is it only a panel plugged to an nvidia gsync card and mounted in a plastic frame ?
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there's more inside, be it hardware or software.
To be confirmed (and not by a tech wannabe).

There is probably more to it than just that but with the panel being the same they cannot make a huge difference to it. Which is why I suspect it to be similar in regards but am hoping for better quality in things that they can change/control - Coil Wine, excessive BLB, Overclocking Guarantee and just general QC. I don't know much about Scanlines so I can't say about that other than I would figure it would be in connection with the panel itself and not an external effect of the panel otherwise X34 would have fixed the issue by now.

Will be awhile before we get reliable results but I will most likely buy one when it releases to the US and see what happens. At the worst I just return it ye know?
post #1106 of 1177
Wow! Newegg raised the price on the x34?!?! why? or is it because it is coming from an outside seller...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009869
post #1107 of 1177
x34 prices have dropped a notch in the uk it seems. Some places 10% cheaper then the asus panel price at scan and ocuk.£999.99 vs 899.99 which is a tidy saving. Will be interesting to see if as more samples come out if they have any issues some people associate with th x34 (rightly or wrongly). I imagine the price of this panel would reduce accordingly if they did.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
post #1108 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob650 View Post

Wow! Newegg raised the price on the x34?!?! why? or is it because it is coming from an outside seller...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009869

I still see $1290 from Newegg direct. Third party sellers always jack up the prices.
post #1109 of 1177
Anyone have an idea when US retailers are going to start selling? Rumors of the 12th weren't right I guess rolleyes.gif
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5930K Rampage V Extreme GTX 980 GTX 980 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
GTX 980 GSkill 32gb F4-2800C16Q-32GRK Intel 750 400gb Custom Watercooling with XSPC Blocks 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 Topre Type Heaven EVGA Supernova 1300w G2 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 900D Logitech G602 XTrack Pads Ripper XXL Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5930K Rampage V Extreme GTX 980 GTX 980 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
GTX 980 GSkill 32gb F4-2800C16Q-32GRK Intel 750 400gb Custom Watercooling with XSPC Blocks 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 Topre Type Heaven EVGA Supernova 1300w G2 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 900D Logitech G602 XTrack Pads Ripper XXL Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
post #1110 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGSPro View Post

Anyone have an idea when US retailers are going to start selling? Rumors of the 12th weren't right I guess rolleyes.gif

I've emailed Amazon, Newegg and B&H Photo.....all three have said "Thanks for the suggestion, I'll fwd to proper team"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for?