Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for? - Page 29  

post #281 of 1177
Maybe it's me but god it's ugly.
DAW-Z1LLA
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asus X99 Deluxe Asus STRIX GTX980TI DC3OC 6GD5 GAMING Crucial LPX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB OWC SSD WD Black 1TB Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Fractal Venturi HP-14 PWM Fractal Venturi HP-14 PWM Windows 10 Pro Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2713 Dell U2412M Dell U2412M WASD V2 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX750i Caselabs S8S with Pedestal Final Mouse 2015 RME Babyface Pro 
AudioAudio
Motu Ultralite Mk1 Audinst MX1 
  hide details  
DAW-Z1LLA
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asus X99 Deluxe Asus STRIX GTX980TI DC3OC 6GD5 GAMING Crucial LPX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB OWC SSD WD Black 1TB Noctua NH-D15 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Fractal Venturi HP-14 PWM Fractal Venturi HP-14 PWM Windows 10 Pro Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2713 Dell U2412M Dell U2412M WASD V2 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX750i Caselabs S8S with Pedestal Final Mouse 2015 RME Babyface Pro 
AudioAudio
Motu Ultralite Mk1 Audinst MX1 
  hide details  
post #282 of 1177
I got a reply from overclockers.co.uk and I am able to pre-order the monitor for shipment to the US. It'd run me $1275 with shipping, plus I'd need an adapter for the power. Trying to decide if I should do that or just wait.....
post #283 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBBS View Post

I got a reply from overclockers.co.uk and I am able to pre-order the monitor for shipment to the US. It'd run me $1275 with shipping, plus I'd need an adapter for the power. Trying to decide if I should do that or just wait.....

Honestly, there are too many things that can go wrong, if you need to ship is back you are gonna feel the pain. Just wait it out with me, misery loves company.
post #284 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBBS View Post

I got a reply from overclockers.co.uk and I am able to pre-order the monitor for shipment to the US. It'd run me $1275 with shipping, plus I'd need an adapter for the power. Trying to decide if I should do that or just wait.....
That's actually cheaper than I would have expected. It's cheaper than the x34 and you're shipping it overseas.
post #285 of 1177
Meanwhile I'll have to import this monitor from US or Europe. This means something around 2000US dollars with import taxes + 2 months of waiting + Pray to nothing go wrong with my shipment.

You guys complain about anything
post #286 of 1177
Just going to put this out there. This panel is generally designed to be 60hz right? I'm curious as to the long term "damage" of pushing a panel to almost twice it's rated "limit"?

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm not fully versed on the tech to be honest.

It just worries me that people are willing to spend upwards of $2000 (for me in Australia) on something that could very well bust within a year or two? Or am I overestimating the potential risk of over clocking? Again a bit of a layman on overclocking.
post #287 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthetank69 View Post

Just going to put this out there. This panel is generally designed to be 60hz right? I'm curious as to the long term "damage" of pushing a panel to almost twice it's rated "limit"?

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm not fully versed on the tech to be honest.

It just worries me that people are willing to spend upwards of $2000 (for me in Australia) on something that could very well bust within a year or two? Or am I overestimating the potential risk of over clocking? Again a bit of a layman on overclocking.

No one knows to be honest. I've read that some people who overclocked their QNIX monitors had issues holding an overclock several months later, but I would say you can't assume the same will happen here, that was a different panel. Also, here the G-Sync module is involved in the overclock.

Native 144 Hz panels like the PG278Q have also developed issues of their own (google blurry text with the PG278Q), so it's all a risk frankly with new tech.

Anyway - if the panel actually goes bust, you can be reasonably sure Asus will replace it. I'm not sure they will cover if the OC degrades over time though.
Edited by x3sphere - 1/29/16 at 8:11am
post #288 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBBS View Post

Trying to decide if I should do that or just wait.....

Is there an estimated release date for the monitor in the US? I was hoping to get it soon...
post #289 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by insoc View Post

Is there an estimated release date for the monitor in the US? I was hoping to get it soon...

Nothing that I can find anywhere!
post #290 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBBS View Post

Nothing that I can find anywhere!

Ok but can we expect a same release date for actually buying the monitor for both Europe and the US? Asus is already late to the party (X34 ACER) and if they expect US customers to wait even more I think they will face a lot of competition... Acer, on the other side, is capitalizing on such delays....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for?