Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for? - Page 88  

post #871 of 1177
Because the PG279Q had gamma that was too low and made the image look washed out, and someone in this thread said the PG348Q is the same or similar, I guess if Asus thinks the PG279Q was the correct gamma, then they think the same for the PG348Q.
post #872 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

How do you know if the gamma is not good enough (it could be great out of the box) I would rather get 100hz (unlike most ACER Predator X34 samples) and have less coil whine, then get the option to change gamma, which could be good on the ASUS PG348Q anyway

My experience is that 75% of X34 get to 100hz (3 out of 4 I have seen), obviously if you are looking at a forum all the time you are going to hear the negative things more.
Edited by Nicholars - 2/13/16 at 2:55pm
post #873 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

My experience is that 75% of X34 get to 100hz (3 out of 4 I have seen), obviously if you are looking at a forum all the time you are going to hear the negative things more.

Why do you say that, there could be more positive people on forums, so you cannot provide that statement

Also 75 percent, if using these figures, provide a source with it
post #874 of 1177
This is way too funny.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
post #875 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

My experience is that 75% of X34 get to 100hz (3 out of 4 I have seen), obviously if you are looking at a forum all the time you are going to hear the negative things more.

You could just change the gamma within Windows (better on OSD, however it is still possible)
post #876 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

Because the PG279Q had gamma that was too low and made the image look washed out, and someone in this thread said the PG348Q is the same or similar, I guess if Asus thinks the PG279Q was the correct gamma, then they think the same for the PG348Q.

Also I found this statement, saying that the gamma on the ASUS PG279Q was better than the XB270HU, so please provide a source

"The calibration performance tests came out with a 2.3 default average gamma, (4 percent deviance from 2.2) a default white point of 6206k (5 percent deviance from 6500k). Pretty good when compared with the competing Acer XB270HU which has a deviance of 9 percent and 6 percent respectively. It also has a better default DeltaE average of 1.1 compared to the XB270HU’s 1.9." (Porter, 2015)

Reference list

Porter, M. (2015) Asus’ 144Hz IPS RoG swift may be the new best gaming monitor. Available at: http://www.pcgamer.com/asus-pg279q-monitor-may-be-the-new-best-gaming-monitor/ (Accessed: 13 February 2016).
post #877 of 1177
4 is not enough sample, the same way 10 (the number of PG348Q that I do have seen) is not enough to say all of them have scanline (2 of what I do have seen* have this problem) or what % have it.
We have to wait a little more to make any conclusion, in my opinion.

*I read about it, but still no photos (maybe my fault for not searching enough time)
Edited by JohnJDDoe - 2/13/16 at 3:28pm
post #878 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJDDoe View Post

4 is not enough sample, the same way 10 (the number of PG348Q that I do have seen) is not enough to say all of them have scanline (2 of what I do have seen have this problem) or what % have it.
We have to wait a little more to make any conclusion, in my opinion.

Yeah, indeed, just found another forum where two users do not have scan lines

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18716597&page=2
post #879 of 1177
Metros, you talk a lot and you seem to know everything, you' have surely been blessed by God himself biggrin.gif

You say X34 has "so many issues" but today, most of them are fixed and I see 3 issues that are varying from panel to another.

- scanlines (shared with PG348Q)
- coil whine --> I tried up to 5 X34 but never experienced coil whine. My PG348Q is spared as well
- Overclock limitation --> each of my previous X34 reached 100hz with no problem but I understand how it could be frustrating for someone limited to 90/95hz.
It's too soon to tell with certainty that PG348Q will achieve a better rate.

I tried both X34 and PG348Q, you don't.
They both have their own pros & cons but in the end, I think they perform in the same way.

But honestly, the lack of gamma option is really crippling especially that it would cost nothing to Asus to implement that option.
post #880 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

How do you know if the gamma is not good enough (it could be great out of the box) I would rather get 100hz (unlike most ACER Predator X34 samples) and have less coil whine, then get the option to change gamma, which could be good on the ASUS PG348Q anyway

Where is your source that most X34 monitors don't get 100Hz?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for?