Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for? - Page 90  

post #891 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

Yeh I agree on the coil whine being irritating, but washed out gamma with no option to change it is worse for me. Also some have better or worse coil whine, some are terrible and some hardly have it at all.

Can I ask, do you even own the ASUS PG348Q
post #892 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

Hold on, you calling TFT central "less experienced" as that is the statement in the source, also this is your opinion, so stop making it seem like the monitor has awful gamma, as the PG279Q had great gamma, as you say "ASUS monitors use the same gamma" so the ASUS PG348Q must have great gamma then

OBVIOUSLY TFT central are experienced... they measure monitors for a job....I really hope you do this on purpose, the alternative is not pretty.
post #893 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

Can I ask, do you even own the ASUS PG348Q

Ok I have decided you definitely do this on purpose, I am not responding to you any more!
post #894 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

Ok I have decided you definitely do this on purpose, I am not responding to you any more!

So you do not own the monitor, the gamma deviance on the ASUS PG279Q is good, then you said "ASUS will use the same gamma for their monitors" so the ASUS PG348Q will have good gamma, however you cannot compare panels made by different manufacturers, so we do not know what the gamma is like on the ASUS PG348Q, until TFT centrals does a review (another review said 4 percent deviance) which should be soon
post #895 of 1177
post #896 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

So you do not own the monitor, the gamma deviance on the ASUS PG279Q is good, then you said "ASUS will use the same gamma for their monitors" so the ASUS PG348Q will have good gamma, however you cannot compare panels made by different manufacturers, so we do not know what the gamma is like on the ASUS PG348Q, until TFT centrals does a review (another review said 4 percent deviance) which should be soon

World first, genuinely... I've never seen anyone argue a product is superior to another because it lacks a necessary and important feature that the other product has. It's better because it doesn't need it... I'm genuinely laughing out loud right now. We all know YOU'VE bought this monitor... you've been shouting about how amazing it is for months now, so clearly NOTHING was going to derail your Asus worship. If 5 out 10 PG348Q's burst into flames upon opening the box you'd somehow argue that the X34 was more boring as a result.
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
I AM TITANIUM
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-6800K MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 SanDisk Ultra II SSD 960GB Hynix SSD 500GB EKWB Custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Acer Predator X34 Logitech K800 InWin 303 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G900 Corsair MM300 Sennheiser DT 990 Pro (250OHM) 
  hide details  
post #897 of 1177
A cherry picked reviewers unit is hardly indicative of the user experience on any scale.

They do not mention the scan lines or failing to reach 100hz in their review of the x34 for example, but it doesn't mean those things aren't issues. TFT's perfect pg278q didn't stop plenty of people from getting pg278q's with very low gamma or the other issues plaguing the pg278q.

cigar.gif
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
post #898 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicus View Post

World first, genuinely... I've never seen anyone argue a product is superior to another because it lacks a feature that the other product has. It's better because it doesn't need it... I'm genuinely laughing out loud right now. We all know YOU'VE bought this monitor... you've been shouting about how amazing it is for months now, so clearly NOTHING was going to derail your Asus worship. If 5 out 10 PG348Q's burst into flames upon opening the box you'd somehow argue that the X34 was more boring as a result.

Well this part is wrong "never seen anyone argue a product is superior to another because it lacks a feature that the other product has. It's better because it doesn't need it." as that is Nicholars arguing that point, however if most of the ASUS PG348Q did bust into flames, I would suggest waiting for getting the ACER Predator X34

Not pointing this at you here

It is quite funny how people still recommend the ACER Predator X34, when the ASUS PG348Q has improved (100hz, coil whine and scan lines, need more samples though) and added another feature compared to the ACER Predator X34, it also has a longer warranty (here in the UK)

This is what I cannot understand, if you do not like the style of the monitor that is fine, however saying the ACER Predator X34 is better, I cannot understand it
post #899 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey the Bear View Post

A cherry picked reviewers unit is hardly indicative of the user experience on any scale.

They do not mention the scan lines or failing to reach 100hz in their review of the x34 for example, but it doesn't mean those things aren't issues. TFT's perfect pg278q didn't stop plenty of people from getting pg278q's with very low gamma or the other issues plaguing the pg278q.

cigar.gif

I will need to find the user review, however one user said it has a 4 percent gamma deviance on it, has anyone here complained about the gamma, not that I have read on here, even on other forums
post #900 of 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

I will need to find the user review, however one user said it has a 4 percent gamma deviance on it, has anyone here complained about the gamma, not that I have read on here, even on other forums

kookoo.gif
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS Maximus Formula VII EVGA 980 ti SLI G.skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz CAS 9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EK Supremacy EVO + Nemesis 280  EK FC-Titan X + RX360 D5 Vario + Bitspower Multi-Z 200 V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64bit Predator x34 Ducky Shine 3 TKL MX Brown w/ Red LED EVGA 1000 P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 760T Mionix Naos 7000 Corsair MM200 Soundblaster ZXR 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Worth waiting for?