Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club - Page 259

post #2581 of 2759
Got the EK block in for my 1080ti and added it to the loop. Refilled and doing a quick leak test again.







post #2582 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKaan View Post

Hey all!

Not 100% done yet, as I have to come up with some lighting solutions to get some more light on the mobo etc, but I wanted to share nonetheless. Potato pictures for today, but once 100% I will get some really good shots with proper lighting etc.

Asrock TaiChi x99
EVGA 1080Ti
i7 6800k
32 GB Crucial Ballistix ddr4
Seasonic Snow Silent 850
D5 with bitspower mod kit, white mod top, 300mm res
All Barrow white fittings
Bitspower Crystal Link
EK Evo X99
EK Titan-X full cover block
480mm white Hardware Labs
Corsair HD120's

I really like my bends to by symmetrical and minimal -

Speaking of lighting - anyone recommend anything tiny and bright? Like a mini-spotlight of sorts?






wow i love it, i like the bends as you said, white and green matchs perfectly..... thumb.gifthumb.gif
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2583 of 2759
XKaan: nice build! Love the extra "feet" on the bottom posts too. Nicely done!
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2584 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

XKaan: nice build! Love the extra "feet" on the bottom posts too. Nicely done!

Thanks!~
post #2585 of 2759
Not the best pictures but it's mostly done now.



https://goo.gl/photos/Q44M2ZcKWfpYbZR7A
post #2586 of 2759
Nice work all of you.

I'm still conjuring up whacky things to add to this case once I'm done with the actual computer build. One idea is to turn the entire thing into a PC/PS4 hybrid.

I have - well, had - a PS4 controller for various PC games. It's dead now because I spilled an entire Jack and Coke on it but I'm going to buy two new ones - one red and one black - and should have just enough space to put a mount for the red controller on the front of the case. That'll be connected to the PC.

Then I'm hoping to mount my PS4 on the backside of the P5, in the bottom corner. A second controller mount would go on the back, for the black controller, connected to the PS4.

Console mount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LG6SS8S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2ND8STFXKD23D
Controller mounts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ES9JZ72/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AV497SBJZ4GT1

With the console being near the bottom of the case and offset by everything on the front, I don't think balance will be an issue. I assume the included screws aren't that big so the mounting hardware that comes with it may even work. Otherwise I'll just get some nuts and bolts.

I haven't turned my PS4 on in forever but I'd like to get back into it for a few games. Plus this would save some space.

So, one side a watercooled PC; opposite side a PS4 - hence the hybrid.

Kind of a fantasy until I measure and see how the PS4 + mount affects weight distribution and probably many other things I haven't considered but I'll be optimistic 'til the end!
Edited by GraphicsWhore - 4/18/17 at 6:08pm
T-1080Ti
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Samsung 840 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W Logitech K360 Corsair TX750 Antec Skeleton 
MouseOther
Logitech M705 Sony ZX330BT 
  hide details  
Reply
T-1080Ti
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Samsung 840 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W Logitech K360 Corsair TX750 Antec Skeleton 
MouseOther
Logitech M705 Sony ZX330BT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2587 of 2759
Anyone else notice the bracket bending as soon as you mounted up your GPU with the waterblock on? I'm talking about mounting vertical of course. I am wondering if the waterblock I'm using is heavier than normal. This is my first time watercooling. Using the Phanteks Glacier block for the Asus 1080. I got curious and just weighed the card with block and all fittings in it. Came in at 4lb 10oz, or just over 2kg for those that live with the metric system. This seem normal to you guys?
post #2588 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleabeepbeep View Post

Anyone else notice the bracket bending as soon as you mounted up your GPU with the waterblock on? I'm talking about mounting vertical of course. I am wondering if the waterblock I'm using is heavier than normal. This is my first time watercooling. Using the Phanteks Glacier block for the Asus 1080. I got curious and just weighed the card with block and all fittings in it. Came in at 4lb 10oz, or just over 2kg for those that live with the metric system. This seem normal to you guys?

My Strix 1080 with EK block also causes the bracket to sag. I used a rubber stopper wedged underneath the bracket on top of my PSU to counteract it. It's normal unfortunately.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-I5 7600K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB 3000Mhz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250GB (OS) WD Cavier Black 1TB (Data) WD Velociraptor 150GB (Flight Sim) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Nickel 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK-FC1080 GTX Strix - Nickel Windows 10 64-Bit LG 34UM68-P 34" 21:9 UltraWide Full HD IPS LED WASD Custom Mechanical w/ Cherry MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum Thermaltake View 27 Logitech G602 Logitech G440 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Bose Companion 3 Series II Saitek Pro Flight Yoke / Throttle Quadrant  Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Saitek X52 Flight System 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-I5 7600K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB 3000Mhz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250GB (OS) WD Cavier Black 1TB (Data) WD Velociraptor 150GB (Flight Sim) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Nickel 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK-FC1080 GTX Strix - Nickel Windows 10 64-Bit LG 34UM68-P 34" 21:9 UltraWide Full HD IPS LED WASD Custom Mechanical w/ Cherry MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum Thermaltake View 27 Logitech G602 Logitech G440 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Bose Companion 3 Series II Saitek Pro Flight Yoke / Throttle Quadrant  Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Saitek X52 Flight System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2589 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicsWhore View Post

Nice work all of you.

I'm still conjuring up whacky things to add to this case once I'm done with the actual computer build. One idea is to turn the entire thing into a PC/PS4 hybrid.

I have - well, had - a PS4 controller for various PC games. It's dead now because I spilled an entire Jack and Coke on it but I'm going to buy two new ones - one red and one black - and should have just enough space to put a mount for the red controller on the front of the case. That'll be connected to the PC.

Then I'm hoping to mount my PS4 on the backside of the P5, in the bottom corner. A second controller mount would go on the back, for the black controller, connected to the PS4.

Console mount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LG6SS8S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2ND8STFXKD23D
Controller mounts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ES9JZ72/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AV497SBJZ4GT1

With the console being near the bottom of the case and offset by everything on the front, I don't think balance will be an issue. I assume the included screws aren't that big so the mounting hardware that comes with it may even work. Otherwise I'll just get some nuts and bolts.

I haven't turned my PS4 on in forever but I'd like to get back into it for a few games. Plus this would save some space.

So, one side a watercooled PC; opposite side a PS4 - hence the hybrid.

Kind of a fantasy until I measure and see how the PS4 + mount affects weight distribution and probably many other things I haven't considered but I'll be optimistic 'til the end!

Cool idea -

Just a suggestion, but instead of mounting the PS4 on the back, why not get the new Core case that has 3 separate pieces and use the middle for the PC, right side for PS4, and maye the left for a lower power mini-itx home server or similar? 3 rigs in one! thumb.gif

http://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Full_Tower_/Core/C_00003043/Core_P7_Tempered_Glass_Edition/design.htm
Edited by XKaan - 4/19/17 at 5:19am
post #2590 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKaan View Post

Cool idea -

Just a suggestion, but instead of mounting the PS4 on the back, why not get the new Core case that has 3 separate pieces and use the middle for the PC, right side for PS4, and maye the left for a lower power mini-itx home server or similar? 3 rigs in one! thumb.gif

http://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Full_Tower_/Core/C_00003043/Core_P7_Tempered_Glass_Edition/design.htm

Thanks man. If I had thought of it before, I may have bought the P7. But I've already drilled holes in my P5 to put certain things in certain places and figured out where everything is going to go, etc.
T-1080Ti
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Samsung 840 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W Logitech K360 Corsair TX750 Antec Skeleton 
MouseOther
Logitech M705 Sony ZX330BT 
  hide details  
Reply
T-1080Ti
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 840 Samsung 840 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W Logitech K360 Corsair TX750 Antec Skeleton 
MouseOther
Logitech M705 Sony ZX330BT 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club