Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club - Page 267

post #2661 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNMadman View Post

Looks like you took the power supply fan grille off. Why?

I forget why. I had taken it off when it was in my previous case. I put it back on after I took this picture.
post #2662 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenaits View Post

Hi guys!

I've been following this thread since the beginning and I wanted to post my rig and share some impressions with you, as is not finished and honestly I think I might made some mistakes.

I am not looking for ultra high performant water cooling, just followed the "shortest path" principle and tried to make the loop clean for other components. I'm currently running loop tests to ensure there's no leaks so I can change loop parts if necessary.

As always some pictures will explain better than me:


xGUDqb2.jpg

wgMdSFc.jpg

hB21YFf.jpg

You'll notice that there is air everywhere, system has been running for many hours and air seems not to purge. Also filling the system is a pain (didn't tried to empty it yet) due to amount of air inside the radiator.

My question is about how could I purge the system and/or upgrade the loop for better filling + draining + purge?

Keep in mind I have a DDC 1T pump and GTS SR2 480 radiator (6 ports).

Regards,

Is that the EKWB ddc?
post #2663 of 2759
I've got my 480 rad on the way; yay! Couple questions:





1) Is there a Sketch-up model or something similar people are using to plan their builds?



2) Also, I had ordered my case from Amazon. Turns out it came with the "old" cable (white clip?) However, it seems to be working fine. Is there anything in particular I should watch out for in regards to the PCI-E extender?
Edited by Aquakitty - 5/2/17 at 8:24pm
post #2664 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquakitty View Post

I've got my 480 res on the way; yay! Couple questions:

1) Is there a Sketch-up model or something similar people are using to plan their builds?

2) Also, I had ordered my case from Amazon. Turns out it came with the "old" cable (white clip?) However, it seems to be working fine. Is there anything in particular I should watch out for in regards to the PCI-E extender?

That's a big res! Unless you mean rad! biggrin.gif

1. Most people probably just copy the setup on the box the case comes in judging by most pics on here.

2. You computer will crash. That's how you'll know. Weird things will start happening with the display.
post #2665 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquakitty View Post

I've got my 480 res on the way; yay! Couple questions:





1) Is there a Sketch-up model or something similar people are using to plan their builds?



2) Also, I had ordered my case from Amazon. Turns out it came with the "old" cable (white clip?) However, it seems to be working fine. Is there anything in particular I should watch out for in regards to the PCI-E extender?


Search for "Thermaltake Core P5" in sketchup, there's several models for the case's general dimensions. Use the tape measure in sketch up to verify the dimensions with the spec sheet. I published a model a while ago with the case and multiple components.

For your second question, use GPU-Z to verify the PCI-E capabilities with the graphics card spec sheets. Not all of the white clip riders are bad, but if your card's spec sheet says it's PCI 2.0 or 3.0 and GPu-Z says it's only operating at 1.0, you can bet you'll have issues. Email Thermaltake RMA support with a screenshot and explain this, they sent me a replacement but I haven't fully tested it yet.
post #2666 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILFISHDK View Post

Hi all

I've moved all my hardware over to my new P5 and have played som games on it for a few days without any problems.
And would like to try it out with the Riser cable today.
I just ran a firestrike test to see if there would be any performance loss.
When I was using the Riser Cable, it said Code 62 on my Asus board and black screen. I then tried one of the other PCI-E slots but with the same result and error code.
I figured I had one of the bad cables that many of you have mentioned :-(
I then installed the graphics card normally and now I get the same error code on all three PCI-E slots but onboard vga works fine.
I have now burned my 980ti card or all PCI-E slot off.?
Is there anyone who has an idea of ​​what might have happened or what to do pls. Help

Sorry for my bad english I come from Denmark

Have you tried updating the BIOS? If not do that right away.
post #2667 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullreference View Post

Search for "Thermaltake Core P5" in sketchup, there's several models for the case's general dimensions. Use the tape measure in sketch up to verify the dimensions with the spec sheet. I published a model a while ago with the case and multiple components.

For your second question, use GPU-Z to verify the PCI-E capabilities with the graphics card spec sheets. Not all of the white clip riders are bad, but if your card's spec sheet says it's PCI 2.0 or 3.0 and GPu-Z says it's only operating at 1.0, you can bet you'll have issues. Email Thermaltake RMA support with a screenshot and explain this, they sent me a replacement but I haven't fully tested it yet.

Awesome, thanks man.
post #2668 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxB View Post

That's a big res! Unless you mean rad! biggrin.gif

1. Most people probably just copy the setup on the box the case comes in judging by most pics on here.

2. You computer will crash. That's how you'll know. Weird things will start happening with the display.

LOL ya I caught that I guess after you saw it. Rad obviously thumb.gif
post #2669 of 2759
pictures, we need more pictures....! thumb.gif
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2670 of 2759



Swapped out the Y Splitter I was using for a multiport. The multiport is much, much easier to fill and bleed than with the Y-Fitting. Highly recommend this instead of a single port with Y fitting. Currently running some Primochill Sysprep and leak testing again.

Also, forgive the old GPU and the bad run from Radiator to CPU, I'm patiently waiting for the new MSI GTX 1080TI Sea Hawk EK X to be released.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club