Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club - Page 314

post #3131 of 3169
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlcd1032 View Post

Before rebuilding pc, GPU was directly in MB and everything worked juste fine. Indeed, now it is plugged with a PCI since the GPU is installed vertically in the build (and thus can't be moved with the current state of the tubing)

What would you suggest?


Well if you stated you where using the PCI - Riser cable from the get go most likely you have a bad one. You can either contact Thermaltake and wait 2 weeks to get a replacement or buy the premium cable and be done with it. You have to treat these cables with care. No sharp bends be very gentle.

Here is the new version that most people have with and is the replacement they will send you.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Gaming-Black-Extender-AC-053-CN1OTN-C1/dp/B06Y5YNGDJ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511371826&sr=8-3&keywords=thermaltake+pci-e+x16+riser+cable

Here is the premium.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-AC-045-CN1OTN-C1-Premium-Extender-Graphic/dp/B06Y1SX7ZN/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1511371826&sr=8-5&keywords=thermaltake+pci-e+x16+riser+cable
Edited by cmacclel - 11/22/17 at 9:33am
post #3132 of 3169
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacclel View Post

Well if you stated you where using the PCI - Riser cable from the get go most likely you have a bad one. You can either contact Thermaltake and wait 2 weeks to get a replacement or buy the premium cable and be done with it. You have to treat these cables with care. No sharp bends be very gentle.

Here is the new version that most people have with and is the replacement they will send you.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Gaming-Black-Extender-AC-053-CN1OTN-C1/dp/B06Y5YNGDJ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511371826&sr=8-3&keywords=thermaltake+pci-e+x16+riser+cable

Here is the premium.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-AC-045-CN1OTN-C1-Premium-Extender-Graphic/dp/B06Y1SX7ZN/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1511371826&sr=8-5&keywords=thermaltake+pci-e+x16+riser+cable

I agree. Look at your PCI-e cable where the GPU connects, is the locking tab white or black? If it is white you need to just throw it away and buy one of the ones that cmacclel posted links to. I personally went with the premium more for the length, I think that 200mm is a tad short and causes some harsh bends.

If you do have a PCI-E with a white locking tab you can contact Thermaltake with proof of purchase and they will send you out a replacement that will have a black tab but either way the cables that come with the case are "so-so".
post #3133 of 3169
I have the old cable and bought a premium just in case. I contacted Thermaltake to get a replacement. I'm still using the old one with white locking tab for the past 2 months with a 1080ti without an issue so far.....guess I got lucky. I returned the premium and used the replacement on a S340 Elite build I'm typing on now.
post #3134 of 3169
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacclel View Post

I have the old cable and bought a premium just in case. I contacted Thermaltake to get a replacement. I'm still using the old one with white locking tab for the past 2 months with a 1080ti without an issue so far.....guess I got lucky. I returned the premium and used the replacement on a S340 Elite build I'm typing on now.

I have seen many people get lucky with the white tab cables. That is awesome you are getting the same results. I personally never tested mine, I did not like the way it looked at the bottom, the black sleeving separates from the connector and I am OCD as hell. I also think that the cable length is a little too short if you mount your GPU far forward and can cause stress on the cable so I just went with a new cable so I did not have to worry about it.
post #3135 of 3169
Indeed the cable is rather short and have some really sharp bends. Thank you very much
post #3136 of 3169
I had the same problem with my setup untill I bought another pci cable, then blamo! all was good! good luck!
post #3137 of 3169
Its frustrating when you build something like this and all the trouble you get is some hardware trouble and the watercooling all goes smooth. XD
post #3138 of 3169
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlcd1032 View Post

Its frustrating when you build something like this and all the trouble you get is some hardware trouble and the watercooling all goes smooth. XD

I hear you but I read all the bad reviews on this case and 99% of them talked about the included PCI-E Extension cable and focused on how fragile it was so I knew what I was getting into so I had a spare on hand and treated the included cable with extreme care.
post #3139 of 3169
Oh well I'm just happy that I now know where the problem comes from. I'll try to reach TT
post #3140 of 3169
Hi guys, this morning I noticed something weird that never happened to me before. My task manager states that my CPU is being used at 100% while the only thing open at the moment is a single chrome page and the whole thing is breaking slowness records right now.

Before, my highest peak of CPU was 89% while playing AC origins... O.o

Suggestions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club