Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse 2016 worth the wait?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finalmouse 2016 worth the wait? - Page 11

post #101 of 159
Why don't you stay with your deathadder? wanting to try something different or did it malfunction?
post #102 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunow View Post

Why don't you stay with your deathadder? wanting to try something different or did it malfunction?
Long story short: Ripped mouse feet off DA 2013 one night for some reason unknown to myself still in early December; the mousefeet replacements I had didn't flatten correctly and had zero grip, so I decided to just grab a DA Chroma during Christmas Sales rather than spending nearly ~$30 on mousefeet from Razerzone.com. Fast forward ~6 weeks later, I'm on DA Chroma #7 from my local BestBuy. The quality is absolutely horrifying, loose mousecords (where it comes out of the front of the mouse), causing it to lose connection, scroll wheels rattling and bouncing around every time I swipe, and mushy Mouse1's/Mouse2's.

I'm very well used to the Deathadder, and also didn't like the Zowie EC1-A's sensor, something just doesn't feel right about it. So I don't have too many options left for another mouse similar to the Deathadder, that has a good sensor, weighs similar to the Deathadder at least, and around the same size.
post #103 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

Long story short: Ripped mouse feet off DA 2013 one night for some reason unknown to myself still in early December; the mousefeet replacements I had didn't flatten correctly and had zero grip, so I decided to just grab a DA Chroma during Christmas Sales rather than spending nearly ~$30 on mousefeet from Razerzone.com. Fast forward ~6 weeks later, I'm on DA Chroma #7 from my local BestBuy. The quality is absolutely horrifying, loose mousecords (where it comes out of the front of the mouse), causing it to lose connection, scroll wheels rattling and bouncing around every time I swipe, and mushy Mouse1's/Mouse2's.

I'm very well used to the Deathadder, and also didn't like the Zowie EC1-A's sensor, something just doesn't feel right about it. So I don't have too many options left for another mouse similar to the Deathadder, that has a good sensor, weighs similar to the Deathadder at least, and around the same size.
Maybe you got a defective unit? legit don't have any rattle on mines, or anything you indicated don't feel lose at all.

Only problem I have now is that I am getting double-clicks.
post #104 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunow View Post

Maybe you got a defective unit? legit don't have any rattle on mines, or anything you indicated don't feel lose at all.

Only problem I have now is that I am getting double-clicks.
7 Defective units in a row is a bit much, just don't wanna deal with Deathadder's ever again, since the Mouse 1 always breaks in no time. Did you update your Firmware? They released firmware updates for the DA 2013/Chroma to fix that sort of, just adding a de-bounce I believe. You could also have some dust in there too, either or.
post #105 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

7 Defective units in a row is a bit much, just don't wanna deal with Deathadder's ever again.
jesus
post #106 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

7 Defective units in a row is a bit much, just don't wanna deal with Deathadder's ever again, since the Mouse 1 always breaks in no time. Did you update your Firmware? They released firmware updates for the DA 2013/Chroma to fix that sort of, just adding a de-bounce I believe. You could also have some dust in there too, either or.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

7 Defective units in a row is a bit much, just don't wanna deal with Deathadder's ever again, since the Mouse 1 always breaks in no time. Did you update your Firmware? They released firmware updates for the DA 2013/Chroma to fix that sort of, just adding a de-bounce I believe. You could also have some dust in there too, either or.

I have owned 2 da 2013 and 5 Chromas, all were spot on. I returned them because I couldn't get used to them and thus extending the use time with it. 2 had slightly rattling wheels but that's it.
I've had way worse experiences with zowie and roccat/steelseries 2 of my ec1-a had an unstable frame, where the thumb side would give/flex in a bit. 2 roccat mice broke. My sensei's sensor led died after 8 months.

No issues whatsoever with Razer. It really depends I guess.
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

7 Defective units in a row is a bit much, just don't wanna deal with Deathadder's ever again, since the Mouse 1 always breaks in no time. Did you update your Firmware? They released firmware updates for the DA 2013/Chroma to fix that sort of, just adding a de-bounce I believe. You could also have some dust in there too, either or.

If you didn't give up on the deathadder after 6 defective units then finally a 7th, why would you give up on the EC1 after one? You have a defective unit for sure. My EC1 performs beautifully.
post #108 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldc0ffee View Post

If you didn't give up on the deathadder after 6 defective units then finally a 7th, why would you give up on the EC1 after one? You have a defective unit for sure. My EC1 performs beautifully.
I don't think a chipped trim lens is what makes the sensor feels so sluggish, it's just the Zowie implementation of the Avago-3310. The SteelSeries Rival I had felt perfectly fine, nothing like my EC1-A.
post #109 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsz View Post

I don't think a chipped trim lens is what makes the sensor feels so sluggish, it's just the Zowie implementation of the Avago-3310. The SteelSeries Rival I had felt perfectly fine, nothing like my EC1-A.

Why don't you use the SS Rival? What did you not like about it?
post #110 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by maibuN View Post

Why don't you use the SS Rival? What did you not like about it?


^^^ i agree, just stick to the Rival.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse 2016 worth the wait?