Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse tournament ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finalmouse tournament ? - Page 24

post #231 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0w View Post

We should cut FM some slack. They seem like a small start up so they may not have the resources and invested research compared to competitors in this market for decade(s). Looking forward to seeing the scream design to see how much of the community's feedback FM will actually use.

However, advertising a products mass that is off by ~15% cannot be justified! The mouse is light already so just come clean with its actual mass

 

Why do they deserve slack for $70 mice without full sensor functionality and no interest in doing fimware updates. They've ignored most of the feedback and it's blatant their marketing plan is more important than anything else. Don't worry all the saps here are going to buy the Scream One when it comes out for the PMW-3360. Next year they'll buy the Scream Two for another $70 as it will be 1g lighter with magic firmware improvements.

post #232 of 345
We have definitely been monitoring the TP issues that have popped up in this first batch. Rest assured we pay very close attention. We are already finishing up the second tournament pro revision for next month.

All this being said the TP is actually doing remarkably well for a first batch. No big issues, just some minor qc things we need to hammer down.

The future does look very bright though , we have some exciting things planned with the scream one and future products after the scream one. Let's just say... we may be the first ones to finally break free from the clutches of Shenzhen all together smile.gif
post #233 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreyka View Post

Why do they deserve slack for $70 mice without full sensor functionality and no interest in doing fimware updates. They've ignored most of the feedback and it's blatant their marketing plan is more important than anything else. Don't worry all the saps here are going to buy the Scream One when it comes out for the PMW-3360. Next year they'll buy the Scream Two for another $70 as it will be 1g lighter with magic firmware improvements.

Our plan is to make the best esports mice, with the best sensor technologies. That is the only goal right now, and only the community can tell us when that happens. Of course we do marketing, and we make the scream one marketable and cool, etc... But the amount of development and resources being pumped into it should not be ignored, because at the end of the day it needs to be the best on a technical level as well. We could have gone to an overseas IC company to develop the firmware for it, but instead the entire embedded systems process is being done here by us.
post #234 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalmouseJude View Post

We have definitely been monitoring the TP issues that have popped up in this first batch. Rest assured we pay very close attention. We are already finishing up the second tournament pro revision for next month.

All this being said the TP is actually doing remarkably well for a first batch. No big issues, just some minor qc things we need to hammer down.

The future does look very bright though , we have some exciting things planned with the scream one and future products after the scream one. Let's just say... we may be the first ones to finally break free from the clutches of Shenzhen all together smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalmouseJude View Post

Our plan is to make the best esports mice, with the best sensor technologies. That is the only goal right now, and only the community can tell us when that happens. Of course we do marketing, and we make the scream one marketable and cool, etc... But the amount of development and resources being pumped into it should not be ignored, because at the end of the day it needs to be the best on a technical level as well. We could have gone to an overseas IC company to develop the firmware for it, but instead the entire embedded systems process is being done here by us.

I respect it.
post #235 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalmouseJude View Post


Our plan is to make the best esports mice, with the best sensor technologies. That is the only goal right now, and only the community can tell us when that happens. Of course we do marketing, and we make the scream one marketable and cool, etc... But the amount of development and resources being pumped into it should not be ignored, because at the end of the day it needs to be the best on a technical level as well. We could have gone to an overseas IC company to develop the firmware for it, but instead the entire embedded systems process is being done here by us.

 

This is some wonderful marketing spiel but it rings so hollow.

 

Quote:
 Our plan is to make the best esports mice, with the best sensor technologies.

 

Why can't I turn the LEDs off. Why can't I set the CPI to 1050 because that is what I use on the desktop and in Starcraft 2. Why can't I change the polling rate.

 

Quote:
 That is the only goal right now, and only the community can tell us when that happens.

 

Complete rubbish. Nobody here has the money to objectively evaluate mice. I'm sure you are aware of how expensive the Logitech testing equipment is.

 

Quote:
 Of course we do marketing, and we make the scream one marketable and cool

 

Really because like Zowie I have the impression you are nothing but marketing. You've only been working on the same blueprint as Zowie anyway so your business plan isn't even original or innovative. Well congratulations on the money you're making.

 

Your amazon pages still have straight up lies about the weight. I'm sure it will still be their months from now.

 

Quote:
 But the amount of development and resources being pumped into it should not be ignored

 

Really. Perhaps you'd like to actually show what your resources are. I'm under the impression that your main office is a cupboard under the stairs.

 

Quote:
 We could have gone to an overseas IC company to develop the firmware for it, but instead the entire embedded systems process is being done here by us.

 

I take this means you tweak a few minor things and then unveil the new marketing about your uber firmware with super esports technology.

 

Please tell me more about the esports approved LEDs you've been using for illumination.

 

Your website still has 74g listed when it is a complete lie. How can anyone believe you have any credibility. You've constantly proven over and over again that you do not tell the truth.

post #236 of 345
So my Finalmouse button rattle and light bleed is getting annoying, does anyone elses finalmouse tournament bleed light and rattle like mine? I like the shape and performance still, just thinking of exchanging it... I made a video of it.

https://youtu.be/K0bgVHBG9oI

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #237 of 345
Leds that can't be turned off because: marketing
No driver because: marketing

These above statements are true, and sometimes certain product elements are geared around the marketing story and agenda you want to push. These elements can vary.

But as for where financing is being allocated, why we are developing a new sensor, new shapes, expanding our engineering reach. This is not for marketing. This is for you guys, and the pros we want using the best gear. Because guess what if we don't make these investments eventually we fall behind and die.

We have two embedded systems engineers prototyping the new circuit and firmware design for the scream one. This is not for marketing (unless you call trying to appease the community marketing). And every line of code is being drawn out to make the scream one the best esports mouse for csgo/fps use. An entire new controller architecture had to be developed. The manufacturing we are looking to take to a U.S. ems to have even higher qc and control than we do in Shenzhen. And every bit of tooling and design is obviously being done now by us.

These are the things we are doing to set ourselves apart and develop the best products, and you can bet your money the marketing team will use it to tell some story . But marketing isn't what drives every facet, it's the public demand. Are there some facets where the more informed/savvy members of the community are ignored for the sake of the masses? Yes of course. That's why we have lights, storytelling, sponsors, etc...

Apologies for the ranting today. Super Bowl Sunday emotions smile.gif
post #238 of 345

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinalmouseJude View Post

Leds that can't be turned off because: marketing
No driver because: marketing

These above statements are true, and sometimes certain product elements are geared around the marketing story and agenda you want to push. These elements can vary.

But as for where financing is being allocated, why we are developing a new sensor, new shapes, expanding our engineering reach. This is not for marketing. This is for you guys, and the pros we want using the best gear. Because guess what if we don't make these investments eventually we fall behind and die.

We have two embedded systems engineers prototyping the new circuit and firmware design for the scream one. This is not for marketing (unless you call trying to appease the community marketing). And every line of code is being drawn out to make the scream one the best esports mouse for csgo/fps use. An entire new controller architecture had to be developed. The manufacturing we are looking to take to a U.S. ems to have even higher qc and control than we do in Shenzhen. And every bit of tooling and design is obviously being done now by us.

These are the things we are doing to set ourselves apart and develop the best products, and you can bet your money the marketing team will use it to tell some story . But marketing isn't what drives every facet, it's the public demand. Are there some facets where the more informed/savvy members of the community are ignored for the sake of the masses? Yes of course. That's why we have lights, storytelling, sponsors, etc...

Apologies for the ranting today. Super Bowl Sunday emotions smile.gif

 

Quote:
 Leds that can't be turned off because: marketing

No driver because: marketing

These above statements are true, and sometimes certain product elements are geared around the marketing story and agenda you want to push. These elements can vary.

 

How is an LED that can't be turned off as a result of marketing. How about you just don't include an LED considering that the vast majority here HATE it.

 

Software is not the same as a driver. You know that and if you were smart you can market your way around that. Just include some spield about how "optimized" the default settings are for esports. Just bury a "tool" on your website to change CPI values and turn off the goddamn LED. Don't need to include any stuff like macro support. I'd appreciate a high LOD for my Steelseries I-2 (icemat) as well.

 

The thing is your whole approach is marketing. One half is to dazzle the cretins on this forum and the other half is the people who haven't a clue. Everything you do is marketing and more importantly there is no honesty. You have lied by omission constantly.

 

Quote:
 Sometimes certain product elements are geared around the marketing story and agenda you want to push.

 

This is what you say you are doing but why should anyone here believe you considering your history of lying by ommission. As always marketing speak is built on white lies, half-truths and technically not wrong lying. There is no community relationship without honesty.

 

I just get the impression your designing a circuit board and tweaking the firmware. People on this forum will talk about how "raw" it feels due to expectation bias and your marketing will hail this as the best thing ever.

 

As always all I've cared about is access to full sensor functionality. Turn the LEDs off. Adjust the CPI and adjust the LOD. Might be a bit too much for your engineers though.

post #239 of 345
You know jude, all that rings hollow when you sidestep the weight thing. As long as you guys do crap like that we have no reason to believe you aren't lying through your teeth about everything else. You've been caught lying and changing your tune so much I don't know how you can sit there and act like you actually have good intentions. Remember when you said there was no smoothing and tried to discredit qsxcv? And then when oh yeah there is but it's on purpose because pros like it? And then now you supposedly have your own staff working on firmware to ensure there's no smoothing?

Why should we think anything you say isn't a massive load of crap? You probably don't even have that staff and are just referring to the people at the factory. I mean been since the beginning you acted like it's some real company when it was just you and maybe one other person reselling OEM mice with stock firmware out of your house.
post #240 of 345
^

Hey Im with you. I made sure to have the wet weight posted on here for you guys during development months ago, and this detailed info is now going to go up to alleviate the concerns of those that want post wiring/assembly weight.


And absolutely, when I dont know certain information and Im communicating with the intelligent members of the community with regurgitating things a factory/overseas IC company tells us, it makes us look REAL bad. And that is EXACTLY why we are investing so much into our engineering reach and capabilities.

And now its up to us entirely to prove we are not ignorant or blind to the highly technical engineering elements. Its our job to gain the trust.

If we don't then you guys will not buy our products, simple as that. And we ABSOLUTELY are developing the new firmware/implementation in house. And we will make sure the process is made public.

But I apologize for the lights, and the lack of driver. I know this community wants it, and it has been a blocked request. But things can change, the enthusiasts could influence the more mainstream audiences against certain traits.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse tournament ?