Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse tournament ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finalmouse tournament ? - Page 27

post #261 of 345
Then cut off the 5 grams of something else. Literally every mouse has too much plastic. Aurora is probably the only mouse I know that doesn't have tons of excess plastic used all around the shell. Personally I prefer over 80 gram mice anyways and the Aurora feels "ADHD" when I'm playing with it.

Also, the WMO has two PCBs connected to each other via a cable. That design could be used with a G502-style extra thin FPC-cable which weights probably less than a gram. No need to place the sensor so high up and make it a super niche mouse for a small minority who prefer very front-positioned sensors.
post #262 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by trism View Post

Then cut off the 5 grams of something else. Literally every mouse has too much plastic. Aurora is probably the only mouse I know that doesn't have tons of excess plastic used all around the shell. Personally I prefer over 80 gram mice anyways and the Aurora feels "ADHD" when I'm playing with it.

Also, the WMO has two PCBs connected to each other via a cable. That design could be used with a G502-style extra thin FPC-cable which weights probably less than a gram. No need to place the sensor so high up and make it a super niche mouse for a small minority who prefer very front-positioned sensors.

PCBs are heavier than some of the shell pieces. If you want to reduce a lot of weight from the shell you must decrease the size of the mouse. They could combine both weight reduction methods to make it closer to 70g than 80g, but they would have to make the shell like the IE3 or modern mice.

A lot of people prefer the WMO over the IMO and IE3. Great players really like the WMO's shape, weight, tracking quality and sensor placement. The FK is somewhat similar to the WMO and the Kana/Kinzu/Sensei is more like the WMO than the IMO.

These days I appreciate the WMO more. The only modern mice I don't mind using is my reshaped FK and my AM.

Too bad something like this didn't make it to production.


Edited by popups - 2/14/16 at 9:16am
post #263 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by trism View Post

Then cut off the 5 grams of something else. Literally every mouse has too much plastic. Aurora is probably the only mouse I know that doesn't have tons of excess plastic used all around the shell. Personally I prefer over 80 gram mice anyways and the Aurora feels "ADHD" when I'm playing with it.

Also, the WMO has two PCBs connected to each other via a cable. That design could be used with a G502-style extra thin FPC-cable which weights probably less than a gram. No need to place the sensor so high up and make it a super niche mouse for a small minority who prefer very front-positioned sensors.

Coming from an Aurora too I think most mice have *way* too much plastic. My guess is to give the illusion of quality.
post #264 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by john88 View Post

So my Finalmouse button rattle and light bleed is getting annoying, does anyone elses finalmouse tournament bleed light and rattle like mine? I like the shape and performance still, just thinking of exchanging it... I made a video of it.

https://youtu.be/K0bgVHBG9oI

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just got my replacement FM tourney from Amazon, the new one has rattles for M1 and M2, atleast no light bleed from shell from what i can tell now. Also the side buttons have a much louder click than my first one...

Finalmouse step up your QC plz!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Edited by john88 - 2/8/16 at 7:22pm
post #265 of 345
lol
post #266 of 345
Finally arrived.
my first impressions:

Pro:
- shape is comfortable with all grip styles
- perfect balancing weights
- perfect sensor positioning
- m1 and m2 feels good, balanced and responsive
- sensor
- LOD not the lowest on the market but still above the standard
- mouse feet (2x2 IMHO gives you more control in fast movements then 1x1)

Cons:
- plastics quality seems a step below Zowie and SS
- LED light remain on even if pc is off and is very intrusive
- horrible whell button, it seems bad
- price... Trust me, it's a very good device but 68€ please no. Real price tag shoud be 50€
post #267 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by john88 View Post

So my Finalmouse button rattle and light bleed is getting annoying, does anyone elses finalmouse tournament bleed light and rattle like mine? I like the shape and performance still, just thinking of exchanging it... I made a video of it.

https://youtu.be/K0bgVHBG9oI

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mine is the exact same as yours, the left mouse is shaky and has a lot of rattle while the right click is totally fine, how is this even getting past QC? It's stupid.

I've already had to return two TP's because they both came with shaky chassis's and light bleeding through.

Images as reference:




I was actually tempted to not even get a third replacement as why bother? if they can't get it right the first two times, the third time isn't going to be any different right? Who knows, the third is coming tomorrow and i'll have to report back then.
Edited by Fragil1ty - 2/9/16 at 6:09am
post #268 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragil1ty View Post

I was actually tempted to not even get a third replacement as why bother? if they can't get it right the first two times, the third time isn't going to be any different right? Who knows, the third is coming tomorrow and i'll have to report back then.

This is the reason why FM are out of stock so fast. From 10 mice they manufacture, 8 of them get RMA, can't blame the buyer. Good business FM! I think this company wants to make tons of money by trying to make a Lamborghini in a Renault factory. My respect for the initiative of reproducing best mouse shapes WMO and future IM, with the best senors on the market but that won't hide the fact your QC is only a sticker on the product.
Edited by BlazeGaming - 2/9/16 at 6:32am
post #269 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeGaming View Post

This is the reason why FM are out of stock so fast. From 10 mice they manufacture, 8 of them get RMA, can't blame the buyer. Good business FM! I think this company wants to make tons of money buy trying to make a Lamborghini in a Renault factory. My respect for the initiative of reproducing best mouse shapes WMO and future IM, with the best senors on the market but that won't hide the fact your QC is only a sticker on the product.

The one thing that is baffling to me, my FM 2015 Ergo is perfect, no issues with that mouse what so ever. Perfect in every way, yet I've had 2 mouses (3 tomorrow) and they can't get it right. I don't get it.
post #270 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeGaming View Post

This is the reason why FM are out of stock so fast. From 10 mice they manufacture, 8 of them get RMA, can't blame the buyer. Good business FM! I think this company wants to make tons of money by trying to make a Lamborghini in a Renault factory. My respect for the initiative of reproducing best mouse shapes WMO and future IM, with the best senors on the market but that won't hide the fact your QC is only a sticker on the product.

Based on the pictures I don't think the TP shape (I'm not referring to toilet paper roles biggrin.gif) is like the WMO.

FM said they were going to start working on the IE3 inspired mouse, but they have yet to do anything. Which leads me to believe that they aren't designing a thing themselves.

If FM designed the product well initially they wouldn't have issues that can't be fixed without major money loss. Whatever issues (that isn't coating related) you have with the FM products you have to ignore or don't buy a FM product.

You might be better off helping Fnatic Gear produce a product you like than relying on FM. At least the Fnatic Gear Flick is cheaper, has some configuration options, can do 1000Hz and allows firmware updates. Plus, Fnatic has more to lose if they don't produce good products. It's not like Zowie BenQ has any plans to spend money on improving Zowie Gear's products, rather they are spending money on marketing.
Edited by popups - 2/9/16 at 7:10am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse tournament ?