Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Fan choice for Watercool MO-RA 3 420 PRO/LT (18x140mm vs 8x200mm)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fan choice for Watercool MO-RA 3 420 PRO/LT (18x140mm vs 8x200mm) - Page 4

Poll Results: Which will do better ?

 
  • 50% (1)
    9+9 140mm 2.5cm Thermaltake Riing 14, 1400RPM fan, push-pull
  • 50% (1)
    4+4 200mm 3.0cm Bitfenix Spectre Pro, 900RPM fan, push-pull
2 Total Votes  
post #31 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

In a word......yup.
The 140MP is perplexing. The 120MP does exactly what you would expect when compared with the rest of the line, and you would think it would carry over since it is the same design, but the 140MP falls flat. I went back to 140SP after trying them. But, Phanteks fans don't fit the bill here - no red LED.

Pretty sure the Phanteks PH-F140SP
Model NO : PH-F140SP_BK_RLED
UPC Code : 886523000464
Has red LEDs in it. tongue.gif
post #32 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Pretty sure the Phanteks PH-F140SP
Model NO : PH-F140SP_BK_RLED
UPC Code : 886523000464
Has red LEDs in it. tongue.gif

Ah! So they do! I had no idea they released the red, yellow and green.

Well.....that gives an easy resolution to this thread, at least in my opinion.
post #33 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

Ah! So they do! I had no idea they released the red, yellow and green.

Well.....that gives an easy resolution to this thread, at least in my opinion.
I only knew because I made up a chart of Phanteks 140mm fans.

Edit: This is the PH-F140MP vs PH-F140SP part
Edited by doyll - 1/25/16 at 7:14am
post #34 of 76
Thread Starter 
Well MP looks like "true" static pressure fan....SP has more thinner blades aka airflow ?
post #35 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

Well MP looks like "true" static pressure fan....SP has more thinner blades aka airflow ?
While that sometimes holds true, it's not written in stone .. more like sand as it constantly changes. Sometimes wider blades give better pressure rating, but just as often their airflow rating are similar. The differences are in actual use and P/Q curves. I would not have been surprised if MP 78CFM .. or even 74CFM rating, but 68CFM is a huge drop. Even with the small increase in pressure rating, if the specs are correct they will not perform very well at all.

As a comparison
TY-147A rating is 73.64CFM & 1.56mmH2O @ 1300rpm
TY-143 has a rating 99CFM & 2.3mmH20 @ 1600rpm
NF-A15 1200rpm is 68CFM &1.51mmH20 @ 1200rpm
NF-A15 1500rpm is 82.5CFM & 2.1mmH2O @ 1500rpm
F140HP has a rating 82.1CFM & 1.33mmH20 @ 1200rpm
While
F140MP has a rating 68.1CFM @ 1.66mmH2O @ 1600rpm

What is the purpose of releasing a fan that moves less air running at higher rpm and making more noise than fans you are already selling .. or others on the market?


But I digress. The point is the PH-F140SP with red led should do the job thumb.gif
Edited by doyll - 1/25/16 at 9:36am
post #36 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

Well MP looks like "true" static pressure fan....SP has more thinner blades aka airflow ?

You might want to take a look at a Gentle Typhoon.


Corsair marketing has people's perceptions a holy mess. "True" should not equate to "cheapest way to produce".
post #37 of 76
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

You might want to take a look at a Gentle Typhoon.


Corsair marketing has people's perceptions a holy mess. "True" should not equate to "cheapest way to produce".
I should say, less space between the blades = more static pressure (when you are looking from the front)
Hm ?
post #38 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

I should say, less space between the blades = more static pressure (when you are looking from the front)
Hm ?

The blade spacing doesn't change from front to back.
post #39 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

You might want to take a look at a Gentle Typhoon. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Corsair marketing has people's perceptions a holy mess. "True" should not equate to "cheapest way to produce".
And they are not the only ones.
Believing advertising is akin to believing politicians or war lords .. or convicted felon claiming innocence.
"Truth" should not be equated with "baffling with babble and brilliance."
Edited by doyll - 1/25/16 at 12:02pm
post #40 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

And they are not the only ones.
Believing advertising is akin to believing politicians or war lords .. or convicted felon claiming innocence.
"Truth" should not be equated with "baffling with babble and brilliance."

No, but in this case it is Corsair that started the whole "static pressure" and "airflow" tags on fans along with an incorrect mental image of what each should supposedly look like. The fact that both static and airflow capabilities are both of importance in every application is another matter......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Fan choice for Watercool MO-RA 3 420 PRO/LT (18x140mm vs 8x200mm)