Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [OC3D] Far Cry: Primal and Rise of the Tomb Raider will use Denuvo Anti-Tamper Tech
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OC3D] Far Cry: Primal and Rise of the Tomb Raider will use Denuvo Anti-Tamper Tech - Page 14  

post #131 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post

It still does not mention anywhere that "Most pirates will never buy the game". It does not matter if it has not a significant monetary loss. It still is monetary loss,and you're no one to say if it is significant or not. Let the persons who actually spend money to delevop games decide that.

First im not attacking anything pal,take it easy. In the website where the study is hosted,english is no where to be found. So as i said before,if you're going to post something as proof,take atleast the time of using the same language as the person you're talking with.

And by the way,take a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

Doesn't work like that pal,can't claim it works like that for everyone just because it does with Switzerland and Netherlands. rolleyes.gif

Second it's not "my quote". It's your Intel article's quote. Have you actually read the article? Does not make your argument look any good lol tongue.gif

Those "17.66 million units" are the sum of the Top 5 most pirated games in 2011 by courtesy of TorrentFreak,and used on the article you posted. If you've got anything to say,please refer it to the Intel's article creator. Im merely doing copy and paste.

The "industry claim" was done by Ubisoft. And was that 90% of PC gamers are pirates. That's what actually the article is tearing apart.
And? Does that mean that because they can't pay,they are justified?

No justification. You can't pay? You can't buy.

No money = No games
Again,how do you know any of that? You don't. wink.gif

CDPR said that it was "normal" to copy/download games in Poland. Also I come from East Europe Country and I know what people with $250/Month can afford and what they can not.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
post #132 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorwind009 View Post

Does anyone know if this will effect the use of trainers on SP mode.

Not really. There are plenty of trainers for Denuvo games out there. Denuvo does nothing to stop hacking or cheating, what it does is protect the executable from reverse engineering.

I THINK this could prevent the use of some more advanced cheats, like a trainer menu running inside the game. Something it does prevent, however, are more "low-level" mods, like hacking the engine or anything that requires hacking the .exe itself.

What is gonna be really "fun" is some 20 years down the line...imagine trying to reverse engineer everything that uses this sort of protection, to run it on compatibility layers like WINE. I think SecuROM isn't even supported by Windows 10 anymore. God knows what the compatibility of this thing will be like. This is without mentioning the fact that we might be using some architecture other than x86, which I presume would require some extensive reverse engineering for emulating it on whatever it is that you will be using.

I guess this technology could eventually make its way into consoles and make it a living hell to study those systems and develop emulators for them.

I would rather not see this horrible future, so I do my part.
post #133 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatolisk View Post

Personally if I didn't pirate as a kid I wouldn't be buying games now.

DING DING DING we have a WINNER! when broken down to age groups, yep you got it, 18-29 y/o pirate almost as much as all the other age groups combined. (this does also reflects music and video though)




Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

CDPR said that it was "normal" to copy/download games in Poland. Also I come from East Europe Country and I know what people with $250/Month can afford and what they can not.

and eastern european countries are:
Quote:
Just 20 countries or areas from a total of 250 accounted for a staggering three-quarters of total file-sharing activity. The top offenders – relative to population size – were Romania, Croatia, Ukraine, Greece, Poland, Italy, Armenia and Serbia. The researchers also note that there are big differences in the levels of piracy for different platforms. Console games are much harder to pirate than PC versions, as the console hardware needs to be modified.
Finally, Some Objective Figures On Games Piracy
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
post #134 of 278
Will ubisoft atleast get rid of Uplay now ?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS - P8Z68-V/GEN3 GTX 770 DDR3 - 8G 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Green Win 7 x64 Dell ST2320L Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster 310 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS - P8Z68-V/GEN3 GTX 770 DDR3 - 8G 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Green Win 7 x64 Dell ST2320L Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster 310 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
post #135 of 278
i preorderd the new tomb raider game on steam. will denuvo be installed, as well?
post #136 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwng View Post

i preorderd the new tomb raider game on steam. will denuvo be installed, as well?

Yes - don't panic though it's invisible to the end user
post #137 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post

It still does not mention anywhere that "Most pirates will never buy the game". It does not matter if it has not a significant monetary loss. It still is monetary loss,and you're no one to say if it is significant or not. Let the persons who actually spend money to delevop games decide that.
I trust Intel's definition of significant more than yours, and a lot more than people who have a vested monetary interest in painting the evidence in the way they clearly are. Intel didn't have to go out on a limb and shoot down DRM lies back in 2011. They had no skin in this game. This logic was so backwards then that it caused a CPU manufacturer to step in and say "Whoa. This BS just doesn't cut it, and has to stop.". Companies don't just do that for their own entertainment.

Yes, it does say that most pirates will never buy the game. That whole line I quoted about a pirate's entertainment budget not changing when DRM impacts their piracy? That's what that line means.
Quote:
First im not attacking anything pal,take it easy.
This patronization was completely unnecessary. Please refrain from it in the future.
Quote:
In the website where the study is hosted,english is no where to be found. So as i said before,if you're going to post something as proof,take atleast the time of using the same language as the person you're talking with.
Again, the summary is in English. If you don't trust the summary, that's not my problem.
Quote:
And by the way,take a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

Doesn't work like that pal,can't claim it works like that for everyone just because it does with Switzerland and Netherlands. rolleyes.gif
If you honestly think this was a small or skewed sample group, I'm going to have to question your knowledge of statistics.
Quote:
Second it's not "my quote". It's your Intel article's quote. Have you actually read the article? Does not make your argument look any good lol tongue.gif

Those "17.66 million units" are the sum of the Top 5 most pirated games in 2011 by courtesy of TorrentFreak,and used on the article you posted. If you've got anything to say,please refer it to the Intel's article creator. Im merely doing copy and paste.

The "industry claim" was done by Ubisoft. And was that 90% of PC gamers are pirates. That's what actually the article is tearing apart.
I question your comprehension of the article I posted, rather strongly.
Quote:
And? Does that mean that because they can't pay,they are justified?

No justification. You can't pay? You can't buy.

No money = No games
Again,how do you know any of that? You don't. wink.gif
I am not trying to justify anything. I am punching holes in the industry's fallacious claims and overinflated numbers. I have never once defended piracy, just shown that it is insignificant in any terms of lost sales. That rather tame and widely accepted claim seems to generate ire here.
Old and busted
(11 items)
 
New Hotness
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 555 870A Fuzion (MS-7660) MSI NX8800GTS 640 OC Mushkin  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin  Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 8 64 bit Dell 2208 WFP 1680*1050 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 MSI 7870 Twin Frozr OC Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 SSD POS Lightscribe DVD burner Zalman CNPS10x Performa, dual fans. Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 248qe Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
Mouse
Generic USB mouse 
  hide details  
Old and busted
(11 items)
 
New Hotness
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 555 870A Fuzion (MS-7660) MSI NX8800GTS 640 OC Mushkin  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin  Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 8 64 bit Dell 2208 WFP 1680*1050 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 MSI 7870 Twin Frozr OC Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 SSD POS Lightscribe DVD burner Zalman CNPS10x Performa, dual fans. Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 248qe Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
Mouse
Generic USB mouse 
  hide details  
post #138 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nikhil View Post

Will ubisoft atleast get rid of Uplay now ?

Yea.....not going to happen, and it sucks too...I love having three clients running in the back ground just to see my games across 3 libraries....rolleyes.gif
Sandy Rigster
(16 items)
 
Little Big Rig
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.4 P8P67 LE Radeon R9 290 8gb 1600mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black Crucial M4  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Asus 24" VS248H-P 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
19" Hanspree 19" Hanspree Logitech G510 Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 700-Watt 
Mouse
Logitech G700 / Razer Death Adder 2013 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Ati Radeon HD 4770 OCZ Gold DDR2 800 Windows Vista Ultimate x64 
Monitor
Philips 42" LCD TV 2ms 120hz 
  hide details  
Sandy Rigster
(16 items)
 
Little Big Rig
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.4 P8P67 LE Radeon R9 290 8gb 1600mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black Crucial M4  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Asus 24" VS248H-P 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
19" Hanspree 19" Hanspree Logitech G510 Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 700-Watt 
Mouse
Logitech G700 / Razer Death Adder 2013 
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Ati Radeon HD 4770 OCZ Gold DDR2 800 Windows Vista Ultimate x64 
Monitor
Philips 42" LCD TV 2ms 120hz 
  hide details  
post #139 of 278
GoLDii3, if you consider a request for common civility to be an attempt at censorship, I recommend we stop this discussion now.

You never made any claims. This conversation started in post 37, with you asking me to support my claim. I have. You continue to misrepresent my evidence.

It doesn't matter what country you take a poll in. Once you have a statistically relevant sample size, it is valid. You don't need to randomize your country or anything like that. You just need to poll enough people. I feel you really need some statistics classes, because your claim of exceptionalism due to regional influence just is not backed up by the math or science.

I still feel you are being intentionally disingenuous with your claims here. The "picture" you claim supports your position does not, as evidenced by the sentence immediately prior, which I feel is why you cut it.

"However; here’s where the claim that PC gamers are pirating their games at 90% rates begins to fall apart."

The article proceeds to pick apart the claims you seem to think it is making.

Kotaku is not written in Swiss. Why can't you seem to understand that?

I apologize if I missed an edit somewhere, I did try to extricate our conversation from your multi-person reply.
Old and busted
(11 items)
 
New Hotness
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 555 870A Fuzion (MS-7660) MSI NX8800GTS 640 OC Mushkin  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin  Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 8 64 bit Dell 2208 WFP 1680*1050 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 MSI 7870 Twin Frozr OC Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 SSD POS Lightscribe DVD burner Zalman CNPS10x Performa, dual fans. Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 248qe Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
Mouse
Generic USB mouse 
  hide details  
Old and busted
(11 items)
 
New Hotness
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 555 870A Fuzion (MS-7660) MSI NX8800GTS 640 OC Mushkin  
RAMCoolingOSMonitor
Mushkin  Zalman CNPS10X Performa Windows 8 64 bit Dell 2208 WFP 1680*1050 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 MSI 7870 Twin Frozr OC Samsung DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 SSD POS Lightscribe DVD burner Zalman CNPS10x Performa, dual fans. Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 248qe Microsoft RT2300 Silverstone ST60EF 600W Antec 900 
Mouse
Generic USB mouse 
  hide details  
post #140 of 278
I'd really like to understand the logic behind "stopping piracy will boost sales".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [OC3D] Far Cry: Primal and Rise of the Tomb Raider will use Denuvo Anti-Tamper Tech