Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [OC3D] Far Cry: Primal and Rise of the Tomb Raider will use Denuvo Anti-Tamper Tech
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OC3D] Far Cry: Primal and Rise of the Tomb Raider will use Denuvo Anti-Tamper Tech - Page 21  

post #201 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku4eto View Post

For you is not viable, for us, it is the only way.

No. M$ actually doesn't region lock.

All you ever had to do was buy a copy off of ebay at student cost or, even get a student to download a digital version...

There were legitimate avenues to take PRIOR to doing something illegal that you didn't follow.

The onus is on you no matter how you present the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzug View Post

But then, if you argue that a person in the US pays for some media to legally use it, shouldn't the same principle hold for fair pricing. Its like the corps want to eat the cake but keep it whole as well.

There is fair pricing, where it's applicable.

You have to remember that each country has it's own laws, tariffs, taxes etc.

That price WAS adjusted for his area prior to the above...

Again, the onus was on him. Period.
post #202 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Yes.

The system is the system. Nobody ever once said it was fair or even made the argument that it was...It's not.

Despite that, you are expected to use that software, lawfully - Also as a STUDENT, you get deep discounts on M$ product, if you actually looked into it.

That being said - Pirating it, is not a viable, legal solution, period. Never has been, never will be.

You're right, but piracy's existence creates jobs. Piracy does not equal stealing, but it does not equal fair consumer use of products. Piracy is neither legal or illegal. Because it does not equal fair consumer use and voids all contractual obligation to the consumer and the license owner, owner may proceed to individually sue said pirate. However if the pirate has not the means to make a fair return for product the lawsuit may as well be considered frivolous. Frivolous itself is a loss of money and not worth an owner's expenses to pursue the lawsuit.

May statement is not in defense or support of piracy. It has it's pros and cons. It's just not conceivable to assume that by word of any individual here that either side can truly be justifiable as there are significant circumstances that exceed reasonable actions.
Edited by SpeedyVT - 1/26/16 at 6:26am
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
post #203 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyVT View Post

You're right, but piracy's existence creates jobs. Piracy does not equal stealing, but it does not equal fair consumer use of products. Piracy is neither legal or illegal. Because it does not equal fair consumer use and voids all contractual obligation to the consumer and the license owner, owner may proceed to individually sue said pirate. However if the pirate has not the means to make a fair return for product the lawsuit may as well be considered frivolous. Frivolous itself is a loss of money and not worth an owner's expenses to pursue the lawsuit.

Piracy's existence also costs jobs. I know of 2 or 3 studios that actually had to lay off developers recently...Very recently...Due to piracy? Eh, not really but, due to the industry in general and salary scaling? Yep. Budgets are VERY TIGHT right now and claiming piracy doesn't contribute to that is ignorant.

Piracy is theft, digital theft is theft. Theft does not only apply to physical goods. Piracy IS illegal. You are using a licensed product without rights to that product - That is illegal. Period.

Of course the pirate has no means of return, he acquired the product unlawfully. Unlawfully obtaining a product gives you no rights to the original license - NEVER HAS.

Clean hands sir, clean hands - A pirate has none therefor no lawsuit would ever be entertained in the first place. Google clean hands doctrine. Educate yourself. The case would literally be thrown out before you even speak in ANY court.
post #204 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

but he never did mention a guy in india making $1 an hour and i sincerely doubt you would know what they would go through on a day to day bases.

oh yeah saw where you mentioned S.A .
ok, and?
does that mean because i went to a ball game i know what its like to be an athlete?

NO.

but you keep saying those that pirate are to cheap to pay for the game, well now i ask for some proof.

in the meantime educate yourself:
The Media Piracy Report
My Life as a Gamer in a Third World Country
or just continue with your arrogant - if you can't afford it then you don't need it attitude. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidVageta View Post

I like how everyone keeps saying games are luxury items all while at the same time being completely ignorant to the rest of the world outside the US.

So because you happen to be born in a country whose economics and government aren't completely in the dirt and the jobs here pay a LOT more than the rest of the world and you're automatically more privileged then most people that you have, what, some inherent right to entertainment then those that don't have these privileges? Oh, let me guess, the kid that lives in India should what? Move to America? Get a job that pays more than $1 an hour working for our corporations that pay them that little? Again, you people that are making these arguments are being VERY short minded, and dare I say, selfish and petty.

Proof that some pirates are cheap?

Well okay. Lets use a more realistic example than someone who makes $1 an hour in India.

As an example, let's say, someone who earns enough money to pay for all of the things that are necessary to stay alive as well as having hardware that can run games. This person lives in Brazil and has a Steam account. Right now, they could buy a AAA game (GTA V for this example) for R$99,99 (or $25 USD). They could save up $1 USD (or R$4.10) per day for 25 days and they would have enough money to buy it at full price. But they don't wait to pay full price which is fair enough. During the last Steam sale, GTA V was R$59.99 (or $15 USD), they would only have to save up for 15 days.

Now the big day comes, they finally have enough money to buy a copy (whether on sale or not), but it turns out it doesn't run properly for them. They could get a refund and buy another game for the same price, or it turns out they didn't think the game was as good as they thought it would be. They could get a refund and buy another game for the same price or buy something entirely different.

There is no reason for pirating now that you can refund games. If games are still too expensive for you, find a cheaper hobby. Like I've already said here, I want to get into an amateur race series but I can't afford a Ferrari. There are more fortunate people than me who can afford one but "it's not fair" so does that give me the right to steal a Ferrari (again, I know it's not the same as piracy, but it's the same principle) because Bill Gates can afford one?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
post #205 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Piracy's existence also costs jobs. I know of 2 or 3 studios that actually had to lay off developers recently...Very recently...Due to piracy? Eh, not really but, due to the industry in general and salary scaling? Yep. Budgets are VERY TIGHT right now and claiming piracy doesn't contribute to that is ignorant.

Piracy is theft, digital theft is theft. Theft does not only apply to physical goods. Piracy IS illegal. You are using a licensed product without rights to that product - That is illegal. Period.

Of course the pirate has no means of return, he acquired the product unlawfully. Unlawfully obtaining a product gives you no rights to the original license - NEVER HAS.

Clean hands sir, clean hands - A pirate has none therefor no lawsuit would ever be entertained in the first place. Google clean hands doctrine. Educate yourself. The case would literally be thrown out before you even speak in ANY court.

Budgets are tight because of CEOs are ever massing profit eating monsters. Their annual income far exceeds the budget of most studios, sometimes several studios all at once. What you don't realize is that the state of the gaming economy is not because of piracy it's the disparity between incomes and jobs.
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
post #206 of 278
Without piracy, 90% of the young population in such countries will literally know nothing about computers. If it wasn't piracy, i wouldn't have even be interested a bit into the IT sphere. If i was forced to buy everything i needed to widen my range of knowledge that has to do with IT.... well, i would be a electrician right now.
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
post #207 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

There is no reason for pirating now that you can refund games. If games are still too expensive for you, find a cheaper hobby. Like I've already said here, I want to get into an amateur race series but I can't afford a Ferrari. There are more fortunate people than me who can afford one but "it's not fair" so does that give me the right to steal a Ferrari (again, I know it's not the same as piracy, but it's the same principle) because Bill Gates can afford one?

While I agree with this statement, unfortunately Steam has held accounts because of this action being overused. They really only want you to return a game if it has bugs, problems or exceeds your minimum requirements.
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
post #208 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku4eto View Post

Without piracy, 90% of the young population in such countries will literally know nothing about computers. If it wasn't piracy, i wouldn't have even be interested a bit into the IT sphere. If i was forced to buy everything i needed to widen my range of knowledge that has to do with IT.... well, i would be a electrician right now.

Your argument doesn't change the legality of the situation. It doesn't change the ethical or legal arguments.

Piracy hurts our industry. Piracy, regardless of your attempt to justify it, is illegal and unethical.

That's really the bottom line. Is life unfair? Sure. Are there LEGAL ways around that situation that still pay homage to the developer? Absolutely, they're called Steam Sales...

Using the excuse that piracy was "good for me because it got me here" is like saying, "I "borrowed"/"stole" your Ferrari for a week and it's good because now I want to be a mechanic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyVT View Post

While I agree with this statement, unfortunately Steam has held accounts because of this action being overused. They really only want you to return a game if it has bugs, problems or exceeds your minimum requirements.

Proof? - That's a bold statement and if the product exceeds your minimum requirements, sorry but, that's really your own fault...You know, they list those requirements for a reason - Ignoring them and requiring a refund because you didn't read that section really falls into the: Sucks to be you, category.
post #209 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

No. M$ actually doesn't region lock.

All you ever had to do was buy a copy off of ebay at student cost or, even get a student to download a digital version.... Period.

Please stop assuming everybody in the world can get a credit card or get to purchase online. I don't condone piracy in any way but some people in this thread have no idea how life is in certain parts of the world. Being an idealist shouldn't stop you from being moderate/considerate. V peace cheers.gif
post #210 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Using the excuse that piracy was "good for me because it got me here" is like saying, "I "borrowed"/"stole" your Ferrari for a week and it's good because now I want to be a mechanic".
Proof? - That's a bold statement and if the product exceeds your minimum requirements, sorry but, that's really your own fault...You know, they list those requirements for a reason - Ignoring them and requiring a refund because you didn't read that section really falls into the: Sucks to be you, category.

http://www1.salary.com/ANDREW-WILSON-Salary-Bonus-Stock-Options-for-Electronic-Arts-Inc.html

That's his total net worth, not that he's actually worth that.

22 billion dollar company and the CEO makes yearly 12 million. 800k is salary the rest is bonus and compensation.
Edited by SpeedyVT - 1/26/16 at 6:40am
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [OC3D] Far Cry: Primal and Rise of the Tomb Raider will use Denuvo Anti-Tamper Tech