Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core X9, Corsair Air 540, or Phanteks Enthoo Pro?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thermaltake Core X9, Corsair Air 540, or Phanteks Enthoo Pro? - Page 2

post #11 of 32
540 all the way, direct pathway to your GPU that is literally inches away plus nothing in the way like drive cages, etc....

That's my vote.
post #12 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITAngel View Post

yea true, this brings a stick that I put on the back to hold it in place. biggrin.gif so far been working but yes I do agree getting something with a horizontal setup would be better.

Unless you are set on changing cases your current case will work just fine

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90

depending on what your setup is already i would

remove psu cover, swap out the front 200mm fan with 2-140mm fans, add a 140mm fan on the bottom to intake, have 2-140mm on top exhausting 3 if you arent using the 5.25 bay, and 1-140 in the rear exhausting. remove the unused pci-e covers. Honestly the best guy for air cooling info would be @doyll thumb.gif
post #13 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch View Post

Unless you are set on changing cases your current case will work just fine

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90

depending on what your setup is already i would

remove psu cover, swap out the front 200mm fan with 2-140mm fans, add a 140mm fan on the bottom to intake, have 2-140mm on top exhausting 3 if you arent using the 5.25 bay, and 1-140 in the rear exhausting. remove the unused pci-e covers. Honestly the best guy for air cooling info would be @doyll thumb.gif

Okay I will do that and get some test going to see. Thanks! thumb.gif
Studio 11 PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 GALAX GTX 1070 HOF CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD Review (480GB) 3TB Seagate HDD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U3011 Logitech G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Focurite 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
Studio 11 PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 GALAX GTX 1070 HOF CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD Review (480GB) 3TB Seagate HDD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U3011 Logitech G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Focurite 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 32
I'd stick with the Enthoo - it is one of the best cases on the market.

If your GPU is really an issue I'd look into the FT02 or FT05 as they are aptly designed to deal with GPU heat (2x180mm fans blowing directly at GPU) and will handle your sagging problems.
finally quiet
(20 items)
 
Peggy
(11 items)
 
Betty - WIP
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 3.8 + turbo MSI P55-GD80 MSI GTX 970 Golden Edition 16GB Tactical LP 1600 c8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB OCZ Agility 60GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Noctua NH-U12P SE2 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
2x NF-P12, CPU OS X 10.10, 8.1 Ultimate Asus VW246H Ergotron Neo-Flex 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quick Fire Rapid EVGA Supernova G2 850W Silverstone FT-02W CM Spawn 
AudioAudioAudio
Sony TA-AX380 Sennheiser HD 280 KLH 911B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2125 GA-H61N USB3 HD3000 8GB Samsung Miracle RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston 60GB 3ware/LSI 9750-4i Hitachi 5k3000 2TB x4 RAID 5 Intel for now 
OSPowerCase
OS X 10.8.2 Corsiar CX430M Fractal Design Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2100 ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM ASUS Passive GT 440 4GB Dominator 1600 c8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Hitachi 120GB 2.5" LG BR-RW CM GeminII S + NF-P12 2x NF-R8 - Intake 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NF-B9 Windows 7 Sony KDL-46NX700 MK700 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec EA-650 Zalman HD160XT, Modded MK700 Yamaha RX-V373 
  hide details  
Reply
finally quiet
(20 items)
 
Peggy
(11 items)
 
Betty - WIP
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-760 3.8 + turbo MSI P55-GD80 MSI GTX 970 Golden Edition 16GB Tactical LP 1600 c8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB OCZ Agility 60GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Noctua NH-U12P SE2 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
2x NF-P12, CPU OS X 10.10, 8.1 Ultimate Asus VW246H Ergotron Neo-Flex 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quick Fire Rapid EVGA Supernova G2 850W Silverstone FT-02W CM Spawn 
AudioAudioAudio
Sony TA-AX380 Sennheiser HD 280 KLH 911B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2125 GA-H61N USB3 HD3000 8GB Samsung Miracle RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston 60GB 3ware/LSI 9750-4i Hitachi 5k3000 2TB x4 RAID 5 Intel for now 
OSPowerCase
OS X 10.8.2 Corsiar CX430M Fractal Design Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3-2100 ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM ASUS Passive GT 440 4GB Dominator 1600 c8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Hitachi 120GB 2.5" LG BR-RW CM GeminII S + NF-P12 2x NF-R8 - Intake 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NF-B9 Windows 7 Sony KDL-46NX700 MK700 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec EA-650 Zalman HD160XT, Modded MK700 Yamaha RX-V373 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by claes View Post

I'd stick with the Enthoo - it is one of the best cases on the market.

If your GPU is really an issue I'd look into the FT02 or FT05 as they are aptly designed to deal with GPU heat (2x180mm fans blowing directly at GPU) and will handle your sagging problems.

Those are amazing cases my friend and I will keep that in mind. For now I am goign to trade with my good friend cases he has my old Air 540 so we will run some test with that case first. thumb.gif

I will keep everyone posted on how it all turns out.
Studio 11 PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 GALAX GTX 1070 HOF CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD Review (480GB) 3TB Seagate HDD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U3011 Logitech G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Focurite 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
Studio 11 PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 GALAX GTX 1070 HOF CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD Review (480GB) 3TB Seagate HDD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U3011 Logitech G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Focurite 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 32
Don't believe all of the hogwash above.

I had cases just like those and THEY DON'T WORK JUST FINE, even my buddy w/ his air 540 ran into cooling issues w/ his 980ti setup... He couldn't keep the top card that cool.

HANDS DOWN the Thermaltake Core X9 will be the case for you when it comes to cooling those cards.

You can line up (6) 120mm fans shooting down cold air from the outside of your case directly onto the cards (3) of these will be blowing cold air DIRECTLY onto and in between the cards, no other case will have this type of cooling effectiveness when it comes to running multiple GPU's! Nothing beats direct air flow right onto the cards!

I had a gtx680 SLI that was very hot, and the top card would always hit 80+, when I put them in the core x9 both cards ran at exactly the same temps and never passed 65c under load!

OLD SLI gtx680 SETUP:


OLD ASUS STRIX 980Ti:



All 20 of my case fans are running @ the lowest rpm possible. I originally struggled with the loudness of an Asus STRIX 980ti, when those fans on the card ramped up to 50% it was by far the loudest thing in my case. I returned it to Amazon and purchased this MSI Seahawk and WOW, night and day difference, the small fan on the card stays silent and never passes 33% and the 2x120s on the radiator running at 500 rpm keeps this card incredibly cool and very silent!

CURRENT CONFIGURATION:

Edited by SHiZNiLTi - 1/26/16 at 1:59pm
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @ 4.9ghz Asus VIII Hero MSI GTX 980Ti SEA HAWK @ 1500mhz Corsair Vengence LED Blue - 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorKeyboard
OS - Samsung 950 PRO M.2 256GB GAMES - 2x Samsung 850 Evo 256GB - Raid 0 Samsung Quantom Dot 144hz / LG 34" Ultrawide 144hz Custom 82key w/ Blue Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 850w TT CORE X9 w/ 7 UV LED Strips Hidden Away & 19 ... G Pro 800/8 Reflex XXL 
AudioOther
Asus Essence STX, ATH-AD900x w/ Audeze LCD pads Harmon Kardon AVR430, Micca Club 3, Velodyne Po... 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @ 4.9ghz Asus VIII Hero MSI GTX 980Ti SEA HAWK @ 1500mhz Corsair Vengence LED Blue - 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorKeyboard
OS - Samsung 950 PRO M.2 256GB GAMES - 2x Samsung 850 Evo 256GB - Raid 0 Samsung Quantom Dot 144hz / LG 34" Ultrawide 144hz Custom 82key w/ Blue Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 850w TT CORE X9 w/ 7 UV LED Strips Hidden Away & 19 ... G Pro 800/8 Reflex XXL 
AudioOther
Asus Essence STX, ATH-AD900x w/ Audeze LCD pads Harmon Kardon AVR430, Micca Club 3, Velodyne Po... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITAngel View Post

Hey guys, I was wondering what would be a better case to configure for optimum air cooling to cool down better my Devil 13 290x2. The Thermaltake Core X9, Corsair Air 540, or Phanteks Enthoo Pro?

I currently own the Phanteks Enthoo Pro and my goal is to optimize cooling while trying to keep fan noise down if possible. Thanks!
Enthoo Pro is a great case. The front PH-F200HP is it's weak link. Change it to 2x PH-F140HP and add a bottom intake.
Remove all unused PCIe back slot covers for better front to back airflow.
Do not put exhaust fans on top vents. Sometimes teh very back vent can help exhaust air, but using the others as exhasut generally move the GPUs heated exhaust up contaminating and heat up the cool airflow going to CPU cooler.
I've never heard or seen anything about removing the PSU cover. While it may work, the lack of data about it means I would not do it.
Raising the case 35-45mm helps airflow to bottom.
post #18 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHiZNiLTi View Post

Don't believe all of the hogwash above.

I had cases just like those and THEY DON'T WORK JUST FINE, even my buddy w/ his air 540 ran into cooling issues w/ his 980ti setup... He couldn't keep the top card that cool.

HANDS DOWN the Thermaltake Core X9 will be the case for you when it comes to cooling those cards.

You can line up (6) 120mm fans shooting down cold air from the outside of your case directly onto the cards (3) of these will be blowing cold air DIRECTLY onto and in between the cards, no other case will have this type of cooling effectiveness when it comes to running multiple GPU's! Nothing beats direct air flow right onto the cards!

I had a gtx680 SLI that was very hot, and the top card would always hit 80+, when I put them in the core x9 both cards ran at exactly the same temps and never passed 65c under load!

OLD SLI gtx680 SETUP:


OLD ASUS STRIX 980Ti:



All 20 of my case fans are running @ the lowest rpm possible. I originally struggled with the loudness of an Asus STRIX 980ti, when those fans on the card ramped up to 50% it was by far the loudest thing in my case. I returned it to Amazon and purchased this MSI Seahawk and WOW, night and day difference, the small fan on the card stays silent and never passes 33% and the 2x120s on the radiator running at 500 rpm keeps this card incredibly cool and very silent!

CURRENT CONFIGURATION:

Damn nice system man, yea I have my eyes on that but my friend is going to trade me back my old Corsair Air 540 to test. So we will see how my test go with that case first.
Studio 11 PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 GALAX GTX 1070 HOF CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD Review (480GB) 3TB Seagate HDD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U3011 Logitech G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Focurite 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
Studio 11 PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 GALAX GTX 1070 HOF CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD Review (480GB) 3TB Seagate HDD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U3011 Logitech G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Focurite 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Enthoo Pro is a great case. The front PH-F200HP is it's weak link. Change it to 2x PH-F140HP and add a bottom intake.
Remove all unused PCIe back slot covers for better front to back airflow.
Do not put exhaust fans on top vents. Sometimes teh very back vent can help exhaust air, but using the others as exhasut generally move the GPUs heated exhaust up contaminating and heat up the cool airflow going to CPU cooler.
I've never heard or seen anything about removing the PSU cover. While it may work, the lack of data about it means I would not do it.
Raising the case 35-45mm helps airflow to bottom.

Doyll thanks for the advice on the case much appreciated. Only reason I remove the cover was due to the side inner fan that is helping the 200mm fan push more direct air to the graphic card. biggrin.gif
Studio 11 PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 GALAX GTX 1070 HOF CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD Review (480GB) 3TB Seagate HDD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U3011 Logitech G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Focurite 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
Studio 11 PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 GALAX GTX 1070 HOF CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY CS2111 XLR8 SSD Review (480GB) 3TB Seagate HDD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell UltraSharp U3011 Logitech G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Focurite 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITAngel View Post

Doyll thanks for the advice on the case much appreciated. Only reason I remove the cover was due to the side inner fan that is helping the 200mm fan push more direct air to the graphic card. biggrin.gif
You might find "Ways to Better Cooling" of interest. 1st post is index, click on topic of interest to see it. Link is in my sig.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Thermaltake Core X9, Corsair Air 540, or Phanteks Enthoo Pro?