Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Guru3D]AMD Teases PCs with Radeon Fury X2 Dual FIJI GPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Guru3D]AMD Teases PCs with Radeon Fury X2 Dual FIJI GPUs - Page 2

post #11 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post

Wasn't this supposed to release in December? This card is way too late..

I think the pascal/polaris talk has overshadowed its rumored release date. I totally forgot all about it. It'd be nice to actually see the card get released and benched though. It maybe a good stop gap until the new cards are out, especially with the new high res montiors coming out. Some people dont have the patience to wait 6 months or whenever.
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

4GB per GPU is due to the HMB1 and well the memory between the 2 gpus on any multi card have been separated per gpu.. so thats a non issue tbh
They delayed it so they could launch when VR launches

That is an incredibly weak excuse.

Launching it now would have given it a longer useful period for owners, particularly when next gen is coming. Oculus rift is launching on march 28, 3 months away. When you considering AMD should of had working cards months ago, it just one of those things where you see why AMD is in the financial position it is in. You don't just sit on a card that has been sellable and in production for months. It has no competition right now and would be the strongest card and significantly better than the competition, unlike the fury x and 3xx lineup. Considering that AMD was saying they wanted to launch this card in fall, this means they delayed the card 5-6 months so they could launch it to coincide with VR. Not to mention if their vr drivers run poorly at launch(with the gear vr) which would not surprise me and undermine their launch.
post #13 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post

4GB per GPU is due to the HMB1 and well the memory between the 2 gpus on any multi card have been separated per gpu.. so thats a non issue tbh
They delayed it so they could launch when VR launches

That is an incredibly weak excuse.

Launching it now would have given it a longer useful period for owners, particularly when next gen is coming. Oculus rift is launching on march 28, 3 months away. When you considering AMD should of had working cards months ago, it just one of those things where you see why AMD is in the financial position it is in. You don't just sit on a card that has been sellable and in production for months. It has no competition right now and would be the strongest card and significantly better than the competition, unlike the fury x and 3xx lineup. Considering that AMD was saying they wanted to launch this card in fall, this means they delayed the card 5-6 months so they could launch it to coincide with VR. Not to mention if their vr drivers run poorly at launch(with the gear vr) which would not surprise me and undermine their launch.

Actually not, the market has been saturated already any way. and what they are looking at is that you WILL need the power for VR so it is a perfect time to be like well you need more power cause you are buying VR, Why buy 2-3 cards when I have this ... oh wait this one right here

They are trying to maximize the exposure of the launch which actually saves them money and create more excitement around it which normally brings them more money.. Not really a terrible Idea.. now if they launched it now.. how many people would here about it... not many.. and what is it tied to.. nothing really..

If they can attach it to the consumer market for other products and show that it is better than even the Titan for a grand then they have a winning sales pitch.. without anything to attach it to. It just looks like a very expensive card
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 45
I think it would take a "Extreme Edition" Big, Big Polaris to beat this, if it even could. So arguably that could be a year out. Look at the longevity of the 295x2 (although granted, against other 28nm dies).

This is definitely an option if you want to hit the ground running with Oculus, Vive, or Squadron 42. Not launching in Q4 was a strategic decision, based on how crappy DX11 is with multi-gpu.
Parasite
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K @ 4.7GHz Z87 MPOWER (MS-7818) Sapphire Radeon 290x @1100/1500 EVGA 1080Ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.SKILL 2133 Samsung 850 Pro Caviar Black Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair HG10 Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Sony XBR65X850B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMSTORM Quickfire XT Corsair AX1200i Antec P280 Logitec G700 
Mouse PadAudio
Black, came with my NeXTcube 25 years ago. Sound Blaster Recon 3D PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
Parasite
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K @ 4.7GHz Z87 MPOWER (MS-7818) Sapphire Radeon 290x @1100/1500 EVGA 1080Ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.SKILL 2133 Samsung 850 Pro Caviar Black Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair HG10 Corsair H60 Windows 7 x64 Sony XBR65X850B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMSTORM Quickfire XT Corsair AX1200i Antec P280 Logitec G700 
Mouse PadAudio
Black, came with my NeXTcube 25 years ago. Sound Blaster Recon 3D PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomagenesis View Post

There are pics of the card in the article.

Also, not sure how I feel about 4gb per GPU.

won't it be more like "a total of 8GB" if DX12 can really deliver on using both sets of 4GB as one "pool" ? That's what I remember reading anyway
post #16 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash2021 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomagenesis View Post

There are pics of the card in the article.

Also, not sure how I feel about 4gb per GPU.

won't it be more like "a total of 8GB" if DX12 can really deliver on using both sets of 4GB as one "pool" ? That's what I remember reading anyway

exactly, however developers have to use that feature in the code to utilize it iirc
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Wet Billy
(15 items)
 
PHENOM Phoenix
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 @ 5.06GHz AsUS Sabertooth R2.0 xfx 280x DD Crucial Ballistex Tactical Tracer 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB LG BD-ROM/DVD Rewriter XSPC Raystorm RS240 kit A LOT OF FANS 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 7 ultamate AOC 23" LED LCD Microsoft wireless laser 6000 Rosewill Capstone 750w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster HAF 912 Microsoft wireless laser 6000 none 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II x6 1100T MSI 990FXA-GD65 GTX 460 GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB)... Samsung SSD 830  LG Blueray Coolermaster N520 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate x64 AOC 1080p LED Microsoft OCZ 850w 
Case
Coolermaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by infranoia View Post

I think it would take a "Extreme Edition" Big, Big Polaris to beat this, if it even could. So arguably that could be a year out. Look at the longevity of the 295x2 (although granted, against other 28nm dies).

This is definitely an option if you want to hit the ground running with Oculus, Vive, or Squadron 42. Not launching in Q4 was a strategic decision, based on how crappy DX11 is with multi-gpu.

Look where 295X2 is today... rolleyes.gif

post #18 of 45

This was always going to be a product with a smaller intended market. Thinking about it, the VR route may well be the best niche to gear it towards. Odds are that most with the space and inclination to go double Fiji already went the same route I did and picked up a couple of Fiji cards. Those who had space but weren't going to spend that kind of money on a 28nm GPU were going to sit tight with what they had or buy mid-range. That leaves, what, people with smaller FF PC's that wanted double Fiji and didn't go double Nano? Had it launched in December these suppositions would still be the same. By releasing it alongside the new VR stuff and really pushing it as insta-gold VR experience, AMD may have found as much of a sweet spot for marketing as could have existed this close to a die shrink.

     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz 1.37v o/s  Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 32... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Biostar M200-240 240GB m.2 SATA SSD (Win) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (Linux) SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD (Games) Seagate 2TB SSHD (Storage) 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG DVD RW Swiftech H220-X2 Swiftech Komodo RX-ECO Vega Water Block XSPC EX240 Rad 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Gentle Typhoon 120mm x4 Fedora Workstation 26 Windows 10 Pro Pixio PX277 27" 1440p 144Hz DP-Adaptive Sync w... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
JAR-OWL J1 Rainbow LED Mechanical SeaSonic X-Series 1050w Gold+ Corsair 760T Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Firefly Plantronics Rig 500e Gaming Headset Marantz Pro MPH-1 Monitoring Headphones S.M.S.L SD-793II Audio DAC + Headphone Amplifier 
Other
Xbox One Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz Asrock Z97 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133 10-10-10-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD Seagate 2TB SSHD LG DVD RW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 40" Vizio HDTV HP Generic EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech Generic HyperX Cloud 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 @ 4.3GHz 1.35v Biostar TA970 v5.3 MSI HD 6950 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4GB) 1600 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cryorig H5 Ultimate Corsair AF120 (White LED) x3 Corsair AF140 (White LED) x2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2440L Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA B2 850w Corsair 300R 
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 300 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz 1.37v o/s  Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 32... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Biostar M200-240 240GB m.2 SATA SSD (Win) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (Linux) SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD (Games) Seagate 2TB SSHD (Storage) 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG DVD RW Swiftech H220-X2 Swiftech Komodo RX-ECO Vega Water Block XSPC EX240 Rad 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Gentle Typhoon 120mm x4 Fedora Workstation 26 Windows 10 Pro Pixio PX277 27" 1440p 144Hz DP-Adaptive Sync w... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
JAR-OWL J1 Rainbow LED Mechanical SeaSonic X-Series 1050w Gold+ Corsair 760T Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Firefly Plantronics Rig 500e Gaming Headset Marantz Pro MPH-1 Monitoring Headphones S.M.S.L SD-793II Audio DAC + Headphone Amplifier 
Other
Xbox One Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz Asrock Z97 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133 10-10-10-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD Seagate 2TB SSHD LG DVD RW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 40" Vizio HDTV HP Generic EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech Generic HyperX Cloud 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 @ 4.3GHz 1.35v Biostar TA970 v5.3 MSI HD 6950 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4GB) 1600 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cryorig H5 Ultimate Corsair AF120 (White LED) x3 Corsair AF140 (White LED) x2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2440L Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA B2 850w Corsair 300R 
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZan View Post

This was always going to be a product with a smaller intended market. Thinking about it, the VR route may well be the best niche to gear it towards. Odds are that most with the space and inclination to go double Fiji already went the same route I did and picked up a couple of Fiji cards. Those who had space but weren't going to spend that kind of money on a 28nm GPU were going to sit tight with what they had or buy mid-range. That leaves, what, people with smaller FF PC's that wanted double Fiji and didn't go double Nano? Had it launched in December these suppositions would still be the same. By releasing it alongside the new VR stuff and really pushing it as insta-gold VR experience, AMD may have found as much of a sweet spot for marketing as could have existed this close to a die shrink.

Well said, I agree with you thumb.gif

Chances that this card offer more value than Fury X in Crossfire is slim I guess
post #20 of 45
So it would appear that the fuzz with the CLC's has been sorted out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Guru3D]AMD Teases PCs with Radeon Fury X2 Dual FIJI GPUs