Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [ComputerWorld] With Cortana, Microsoft is “scroogled” in new Windows 10 spyware scare
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ComputerWorld] With Cortana, Microsoft is “scroogled” in new Windows 10 spyware scare - Page 10

post #91 of 103
Next version not only that will "read" your e-mails better, but it may also take action and reply for/instead you .lachen.gif
With better AI and global e-mail awareness it may even start some wars automatically ,presuming presidents and such will use Windows of course.lachen.gif
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AMD HTPC
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6300  Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 Sapphire 6950 unlocked Geil 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Sony Corsair H60 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech G11 OCZ 750 F1 Nexus Clodius Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5R Mionix Creative X-Fi Xteme Music 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 860K MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate Sapphire R7 265 Crucial Elite 2 X 4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD /Seagate Optiarc/LG Cooler Master Hyper TX2 Mepis Tetris 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG HD  Logitech generic Corsair CS650 Nexus Clodius White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
A4 Crap Mionix Anus Xonar D1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5150 ASUS AM1M-A  IGD Crucial 2X2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 640Gb junk SONY DVD-RW Stock OpenSuse/Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LED TV Logitech wireless FSP Foxconn 
Mouse
Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by soth7676 View Post

I would say maybe putting a power conditioner before your main junction box would be the only way I can see of masking what you have in your home

I was thinking of getting one not for privacy reasons but just because the power in my area is noisy. Guess it will have dual purposes. tongue.gif
Going Blue
(22 items)
 
My Minecraft Box
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5690 EVGA 132-BL-E758 EVGA GTX 970 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 3x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston V300 120GB Seagate Sata II 1TB Seagate Sata II 500GB WD Sata II 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX200 500GB Corsair H80i XIGMATEK XAF-F1255 Lian Li EX-36A1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit Dell 2009W IBM Model M Seasonic SS-660XP2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Semi Custom Logitech g400 SteelSeries QcK HD598 
OtherOther
CyberPower PFC MNPA19-XTR 10gb 
  hide details  
Reply
Going Blue
(22 items)
 
My Minecraft Box
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5690 EVGA 132-BL-E758 EVGA GTX 970 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 3x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston V300 120GB Seagate Sata II 1TB Seagate Sata II 500GB WD Sata II 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX200 500GB Corsair H80i XIGMATEK XAF-F1255 Lian Li EX-36A1 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit Dell 2009W IBM Model M Seasonic SS-660XP2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Semi Custom Logitech g400 SteelSeries QcK HD598 
OtherOther
CyberPower PFC MNPA19-XTR 10gb 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 103
This thread made my day. In a sea of posts about fundamental privacy rights, and governmental spying practices on the populace, the random posts sprinkled in talking about a Kitchenaid 6 qt. bowl mixer breaks up the stuffy seriousness perfectly. thumb.gif

Question to those who don't use windows due t o privacy concerns, do you have windows (the old fashioned, panes of glass type) on your house? Because those are a little easier to use to spy on you than the operating system.
Edited by DNMock - 1/27/16 at 11:03am
post #94 of 103
^ before you go further with that, in texas:

Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
(11) for a lewd or unlawful purpose:
(A) enters on the property of another and looks into a dwelling on the property through any window or other opening in the dwelling;

and in vermont:
Sec. 53a-189a. Voyeurism: Class D felony. (a) A person is guilty of voyeurism when, (1) with malice, such person knowingly photographs, films, videotapes or otherwise records the image of another person (A) without the knowledge and consent of such other person, (B) while such other person is not in plain view, and (C) under circumstances where such other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy, or (2) with intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desire of such person or any other person, such person knowingly photographs, films, videotapes or otherwise records the image of another person (A) without the knowledge and consent of such other person, (B) while such other person is not in plain view, and (C) under circumstances where such other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

(b) Voyeurism is a class D felony.

so there you go, its a crime for someone to look in the windows of your house. so now knowing that, how many are still ok with MS peeking in on you?
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #95 of 103
ooo burn
The Douchebag
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series Mushkin  
  hide details  
Reply
The Douchebag
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series Mushkin  
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

^ before you go further with that, in texas:

Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
(11) for a lewd or unlawful purpose:
(A) enters on the property of another and looks into a dwelling on the property through any window or other opening in the dwelling;

and in vermont:
Sec. 53a-189a. Voyeurism: Class D felony. (a) A person is guilty of voyeurism when, (1) with malice, such person knowingly photographs, films, videotapes or otherwise records the image of another person (A) without the knowledge and consent of such other person, (B) while such other person is not in plain view, and (C) under circumstances where such other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy, or (2) with intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desire of such person or any other person, such person knowingly photographs, films, videotapes or otherwise records the image of another person (A) without the knowledge and consent of such other person, (B) while such other person is not in plain view, and (C) under circumstances where such other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

(b) Voyeurism is a class D felony.

so there you go, its a crime for someone to look in the windows of your house. so now knowing that, how many are still ok with MS peeking in on you?

Law states you gotta go onto their property and look. Says nothing about looking from the street. Of course here in Texas, we can also legally shoot anyone who steps foot on our property without permission as long as you have signs posted stating trespassers will be shot. So we are kind of the exception, not the norm.

Maybe I worded it wrong, but I was actually really curious, not trying to be a contrarian when I said that. I have no qualms with protecting one's privacy, what you do is your business, and your business alone. I was just curious how far some people are willing to go to do so.

And no, I'm not ok with MS or any other company spying. I'd rather pay for all these things like windows, android, IOS, etc. etc. and have zero spying than getting it for free and having them spy. Actually, I really don't mind MS and co spying on me personally, so long as they don't hand out or sell said data to other companies or give it to the gov't. As long as it's used for targeted advertising and such and that's it, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

edit: I actually need a new mixer since my old one got maimed in the storm, so that info is helpful to me as well thumb.gif
Edited by DNMock - 1/27/16 at 12:33pm
post #97 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan View Post

Big Brother's excuses don't interest me. I don't use Spybook, Spy Space or even Google. Google is blocked so my phone does not send information to Google. I rarely post photos of myself online as I am not narcissistic, there are enough of those loons around, I don't need to add my ugly face to it. I do use Google search but only through a VPN and Startpage.com. I also use Duck Duck Go in the hope they are more private than Google.

The best thing about WinSpy is that not even the enterprise edition is safe. Ads and spying are prevalent there too.

... is this real life?
post #98 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMock View Post


Law states you gotta go onto their property and look. Says nothing about looking from the street. Of course here in Texas, we can also legally shoot anyone who steps foot on our property without permission as long as you have signs posted stating trespassers will be shot. So we are kind of the exception, not the norm.

Maybe I worded it wrong, but I was actually really curious, not trying to be a contrarian when I said that. I have no qualms with protecting one's privacy, what you do is your business, and your business alone. I was just curious how far some people are willing to go to do so.

And no, I'm not ok with MS or any other company spying. I'd rather pay for all these things like windows, android, IOS, etc. etc. and have zero spying than getting it for free and having them spy. Actually, I really don't mind MS and co spying on me personally, so long as they don't hand out or sell said data to other companies or give it to the gov't. As long as it's used for targeted advertising and such and that's it, then I'm perfectly fine with it.
the texas law states that but vermont law doesn't and is actually better written. i say that from looking at supreme court decisions on privacy issues since all of them (that i have read) centered on:
Quote:
circumstances where such other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy

and that is regardless if in a home, on the street or in a restaurant.

since city ordinances can add to state law; i wouldn't be surprised if after some diligent searching to find in L.A. or beverly hills that even using a telescopic camera lens would have a mention; you know with all those celebrities . .

but my point is there still are privacy laws that haven't changed just because of technology except for amending. but it appears to me that folks think they have been stricken from the books.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artev View Post

... is this real life?

Or is this just fantasy?
post #100 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMock View Post

Question to those who don't use windows due t o privacy concerns, do you have windows (the old fashioned, panes of glass type) on your house? Because those are a little easier to use to spy on you than the operating system.

Yeah but you can see a hole in a real window.

And I'm sure people wouldn't buy windows for their houses with a hole in it even if the salesman said, "yeah but the hole is there to protect you from terrorist and pedophiles. Don't worry, only the cops can use it."
AMD Box
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E @ 4.6 GHz +0.356250v offset Asus Sabertooth 990FX Rev1 eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 Patriot Viper Xtreme 2x4 GB 1600LL 8-9-8-24 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO WD Black 1 TB 32MB cache FALS WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm EZEX Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 HP LP2475w Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX750  
CaseMouseAudio
You don't want to know Logitech G9x Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Box
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320E @ 4.6 GHz +0.356250v offset Asus Sabertooth 990FX Rev1 eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 Patriot Viper Xtreme 2x4 GB 1600LL 8-9-8-24 1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO WD Black 1 TB 32MB cache FALS WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm EZEX Corsair H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 HP LP2475w Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX750  
CaseMouseAudio
You don't want to know Logitech G9x Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [ComputerWorld] With Cortana, Microsoft is “scroogled” in new Windows 10 spyware scare