Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs ›  Overclocking FX-6300 to 4.5 Ghz (Prime 95 stable for 10 Hours) with Benchmarks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclocking FX-6300 to 4.5 Ghz (Prime 95 stable for 10 Hours) with Benchmarks - Page 3

post #21 of 73

I totally agree with the above poster. I rarely run benchmarks on my PC simply because I don't care and when I do I leave my browsers, MPC or VLC on as that is how I use my PC. I didn't buy an 8 core chip and 16GB of RAM to close everything the moment I want to play a game.

 

If you are stable you have achieved your goal, knowing that your minimum fps in a badly coded game is pointless, it won't help you in any way. If you really need to know then there are lots of synthetic benchmarks you can run but those have no bearing on the actual performance of the chip or PC, they are just benchmarks.

The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncobra View Post

What applications I can use to test the single threaded performance?

Cinebench is a good one. You're already using it but you got to do the single threaded benchmark.
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjames61 View Post

Forget benchmarks. Do all the things that you do on your computer. Encode video, game, rip dvd's. What is important is whether it meets your expectations doing those type of tasks not some synthetic benches. At least that is my take on it.

I used to believe this crap until I actually had comparable systems next to eachother. The fps boost in games, especially min fps, that comes with changing to an Intel chip is huge. The only reason some people dismiss well regarded benchmarks is because bulldozer/piledriver failed. Ever since then some people on OCN started treating AMD like a special needs kid. No, that's not how it works. We're not measuring performance differently just because AMD cpus don't do well at the moment.
Edited by MoGTy - 1/30/16 at 2:22pm
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGTy View Post

I used to believe this crap until I actually had comparable systems next to eachother. The fps boost in games, especially min fps, that comes with changing to an Intel chip is huge. The only reason some people dismiss well regarded benchmarks is because bulldozer/piledriver failed. Ever since then some people on OCN started treating AMD like a special needs kid. No, that's not how it works. We're not measuring performance differently just because AMD cpus don't do well at the moment.

Who cares? Why do you feel the need to thread crap? No one in this thread cares about Intel processors or any other processor for that matter. The guy has a 6300.
post #25 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjames61 View Post

Who cares? Why do you feel the need to thread crap? No one in this thread cares about Intel processors or any other processor for that matter. The guy has a 6300.

If you read the OP. He's thinking about buying an Intel cpu.

Also, "Who cares?" You're on OCN, man. If that's your best response to a bunch of facts... 'Nuff said.
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 73
http://www.overclock.net/t/1535399/500-intel-vs-amd-same-budget-shootout-8350-4-5ghz-r290-vs-4670k-4-4-ghz-280x/0_100

Fx 4.5 ghz + 290 vs 4670k 4.4 ghz + 280x

AMD faster and cheaper on lower BUDGET
post #27 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

http://www.overclock.net/t/1535399/500-intel-vs-amd-same-budget-shootout-8350-4-5ghz-r290-vs-4670k-4-4-ghz-280x/0_100

Fx 4.5 ghz + 290 vs 4670k 4.4 ghz + 280x

AMD faster and cheaper on lower BUDGET
Which is irrelevant in this discussion. OP is looking for an overclock on his FX cpu and/or an Intel cpu upgrade. Not an entire system.

The testing procedure in that threat is also lacking.
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 73
Yeah 2 systems same cost with games at same settings that doesn't show the more expensive Intel win so it's lacking
post #29 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

Yeah 2 systems same cost with games at same settings that doesn't show the more expensive Intel win so it's lacking

A) We have become used to sub standard reviews for ages. Most reviews we see on OCN don't even apply for the basics of what a solid review is.

B) You've got more than one variable. Which in its self makes it useless for a straight comparison. Money was the only given, which is a variable / inflation prone element. (ie. the cheapest AMD FX 8310 cpu I can find is €170. Which by the way is a difficult find. Prices vary wildly depending on time and location.)

C) It still doesn't have anything to do with the OP.
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGTy View Post

If you read the OP. He's thinking about buying an Intel cpu.

Also, "Who cares?" You're on OCN, man. If that's your best response to a bunch of facts... 'Nuff said.

They are "facts" because you say so? I don't think so. That is too funny.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
  • Overclocking FX-6300 to 4.5 Ghz (Prime 95 stable for 10 Hours) with Benchmarks
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs ›  Overclocking FX-6300 to 4.5 Ghz (Prime 95 stable for 10 Hours) with Benchmarks