Originally Posted by xentrox
Can somebody elaborate on those mustard switches? I'm an MX Browns die hard user. I have hated just about any other switch, particularly reds. How do these "Mustard" switches compare?
TPU has the full press release
X40 Keyboard With Das Keyboard’s Own “Alpha-Zulu” Switches
When I popped a few keys off of the X40 to have a look at the switches underneath, I did a double-take: They’re yellow -- “Mustard,” Das Keyboard calls it -- and they have “DZero” stamped on them.
They’re soft tactile switches, not unlike Browns, but they’re notably quieter. They’re listed as having 1.7 mm pre-travel and require just 45g of force to reach actuation. Like most switches on the market, they’re rated for 60 million strokes.
EDIT: OMG THIS LAUNCH SITE IS AWESOME RE: ASTEROIDS!Edited by claes - 1/26/16 at 3:20pm
Edgy, Durable and Customizable Gaming KeyboardThe Division Zero X40 Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard is the only gaming keyboard with interchangeable metal top panels. It comes in four color options (red, olive, mustard and silver) and two different designs,
allowing users to customize and deck out their gear before heading into battle.
Featuring a durable combat-ready design, the X40 Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard includes:
A Faster, More Precise and Longer Lasting Mechanical Gaming Switch
- All-new Alpha-Zulu mechanical gaming switches developed by Das Keyboard with gold contacts and 1.7mm actuation for gaming-grade durability and speed
- Sleek and interchangeable anodized aluminum top panels with exclusive "space camo" printed color scheme
- Red backlighting for less eye strain in darkened gaming environments
- 5 programmable macro keys for faster, more efficient gaming
- Permanent full n-key rollover with anti-ghosting and multi-key press capability
- Gaming mode control to easily enter a game environment, and also avoid accidentally being thrown back into desktop mode
- USB 2.0 pass-through to conveniently connect a headset, storage device or anything else that makes a gaming setup more comfortable
- Extra-long braided cable (2m, 6.5ft) to provide better cable management and keep the ultimate gaming space clean and organized
- Built to withstand the most intense marathon gaming sessions, the Division Zero X40 is equipped with newly designed Alpha-Zulu mechanical gaming switches that deliver lightning-fast precision and increased durability. Division Zero's new Alpha-Zulu switches:
- Were developed by Das Keyboard specifically for the X40 Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
- Deliver a faster response time due to a shorter 1.7mm actuation point, allowing gamers to stay one step ahead of the competition when every millisecond counts
- Designed with advanced technology to improve the reliability and switch lifespan to 60 million keystrokes
- Provide gamers with two options to match their preferred gaming style:
- The Alpha-Zulu Tactile Switch provides a soft, tactile bump halfway through a keypress. Perfect for fast-paced games, StarCraft II and OSU players can now fast-finger precise movements on their keyboards. At the heat of a battle, gamers can have up to 600 APM, and each of those clicks will bring them closer to victory.
- The Alpha-Zulu Linear Switch is more stealth-like and delivers a significantly quieter and smoother feel when pressing a key. It is constructed for games in which uninterrupted communication is critical, such as CS:GO, DOTA 2, Heroes of the Storm and League of Legends.