Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [XR] XTremeRigs and Performance PCs Introduce "Ultimate Watercooling Kit"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[XR] XTremeRigs and Performance PCs Introduce "Ultimate Watercooling Kit" - Page 6

post #51 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

well,a custom loop might be fun and all, but I'm glad we have high end CPUs that draw less than 100W and can be kept under 60 degrees by a good dual tower like D15 while the cost is down to 20% of a custom loop. CLCs are overhyped as for the CPU cooling, but a simple 120mm one with one fan keeps a card like an overclocked 980Ti under 50 degrees in games,all at a fraction of a cost of a loop and waterblock. Not to mention installing your system from scratch using an air cooler and a clc'd GPU takes an hour and is basically error free.

Would like to know what 980ti u have my Msi 6g in 2k max settings run about 63-66c. And that is both of them. I have a case with 2ea 140mm fans blowing right on them also


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 113
The price of a basic setup is getting ridiculous, if you ask me. I spent less than $200 (CAN) on my loop around 5+ years ago, everything still works and is in good condition. This was all parts bought new, and separately, not in a "kit". Sure, the newer parts have better performance, looks, etc...but back when I got my parts, they weren't the worst you could buy...a similar setup now would cost WAY more.
post #53 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

The price of a basic setup is getting ridiculous, if you ask me. I spent less than $200 (CAN) on my loop around 5+ years ago, everything still works and is in good condition. This was all parts bought new, and separately, not in a "kit". Sure, the newer parts have better performance, looks, etc...but back when I got my parts, they weren't the worst you could buy...a similar setup now would cost WAY more.

I bought a kit at Dazmode for $260 CAD with 360 RAD, 3 XSPC fans, XSPC WB, D5, D5 Bay Res and Comp Fittings. This seems expensive to me.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

I bought a kit at Dazmode for $260 CAD with 360 RAD, 3 XSPC fans, XSPC WB, D5, D5 Bay Res and Comp Fittings. This seems expensive to me.

Just shocked me when they are pitching this as a kit for those new to watercooling...it's like a 16 year old looking for his first car and the salesman trying to say a Ferrari is a very reasonable and suitable choice. $260 is far more reasonable. And actually, Dazmode is where I get anything watercooling related.
post #55 of 113
lol 500 bucks

I once tried watercooling. Not ever again,not worth the money.
post #56 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post

Why do you need to cut the tube? Can't you juse take off the compression fittings and take the tube out?

I mean if I change something in the loop, changing the position of the G 1/4". I can take a tube out and shorten it and/or use another tube if it needs to be lengthened, eliminating the need of having to deal pulling out the heat gun, Jig, taking half a dozen measurements and hoping the bend goes right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

Just shocked me when they are pitching this as a kit for those new to watercooling...it's like a 16 year old looking for his first car and the salesman trying to say a Ferrari is a very reasonable and suitable choice. $260 is far more reasonable. And actually, Dazmode is where I get anything watercooling related.

If you think $500 will get you the Ferrari of water cooling, I have bad news for you...




Edit: Just did some quick math in my head from eyeballing what's all included in the kit. Looks like it's probably about $50 or so bucks cheaper than buying all the stuff individually.
Edited by DNMock - 1/28/16 at 12:27pm
post #57 of 113
Initial cost for WC is high but after that is not that bad. The only thing you upgrade is GPU blocks. $120 is not that bad for the cooling you get if you have $500+ GPU.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMock View Post

I mean if I change something in the loop, changing the position of the G 1/4". I can take a tube out and shorten it and/or use another tube if it needs to be lengthened, eliminating the need of having to deal pulling out the heat gun, Jig, taking half a dozen measurements and hoping the bend goes right.
If you think $500 will get you the Ferrari of water cooling, I have bad news for you...




Edit: Just did some quick math in my head from eyeballing what's all included in the kit. Looks like it's probably about $50 or so bucks cheaper than buying all the stuff individually.

I wasn't being serious dude, I have been around the site for awhile...I knew someone would respond like this...all I can say is I am highly aware of what is possible with watercooling. And yes, $500 on a CPU only loop is a pretty hefty price tag, don't care what kind of money your used to spending on parts. Again...I got my loop for less than $200, has kept my 2500K at 5GHz for several years, no issues (yes, I know 2500K doesn't really need WCing). Compared to my setup, $500 CPU only would indeed be like the "Ferarri" of loops. I am not saying anything at all about this being a rip off compared to buying the parts separately. If it wasn't saving you a few bucks to buy it all at once, there would be little point in offering the kit at all when anyone who works at any of these places that offer watercooling parts could help you put together a loop out of the products they sell. The only benefit to buying a kit really is that you would hopefully save some $$$ over buying everything individually.
Edited by Aaron_Henderson - 1/28/16 at 12:33pm
post #59 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

I wasn't being serious dude, I have been around the site for awhile...I knew someone would respond like this...all I can say is I am highly aware of what is possible with watercooling. And yes, $500 on a CPU only loop is a pretty hefty price tag, don't care what kind of money your used to spending on parts. Again...I got my loop for less than $200, has kept my 2500K at 5GHz for several years, no issues (yes, I know 2500K doesn't really need WCing). Compared to my setup, $500 CPU only would indeed be like the "Ferarri" of loops. I am not saying anything at all about this being a rip off compared to buying the parts separately. If it wasn't saving you a few bucks to buy it all at once, there would be little point in offering the kit at all when anyone who works at any of these places that offer watercooling parts could help you put together a loop out of the products they sell. The only benefit to buying a kit really is that you would hopefully save some $$$ over buying everything individually.

Well yeah, for just a CPU cooler, it's obscene. I'm looking at it as a starter kit though, not as a CPU cooler.

Maybe adding a series of drop down boxes when ordering the kit, like:

Watercool GPU? [select your GPU]

and have the kit automatically update with the proper EK block, backplate, Fujipoly thermal pads, and 2 more fittings.

Possibly have a warning box pop up about adding another radiator.
post #60 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2733 View Post

Would like to know what 980ti u have my Msi 6g in 2k max settings run about 63-66c. And that is both of them. I have a case with 2ea 140mm fans blowing right on them also


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6g is air cooled.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [XR] XTremeRigs and Performance PCs Introduce "Ultimate Watercooling Kit"