Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU]The Division - Performance test
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GameGPU]The Division - Performance test - Page 16

post #151 of 304
W3 looks like it relies more on textures, less on polygons, for environment.

seeing stuff like this is just not very nice at this point:


I just don't like looking at a texture that tries hard to tell me it's 3d, when it really isn't... Maybe that's just me!
Still, the division seems to do this less, so that'd come at a cost...
Edited by Tivan - 2/3/16 at 10:33am
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #152 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

Both are open world games with night/day cycles that look similar. There is a substantial frame difference between the two games. 2 different engines? Yes, Ubi has the one that is less optimized. My point still stands.
Your point has nothing to stand on. It's two different engines. Two completely different games.

The game is well optimized. People are just not turning down settings despite going over their vram limit.

You can't just max a game out and cry 'unoptimized' just because you can't run it. This is PC. There's settings for a reason. You're not entitled to max out every game unless you have 980ti/titan/fury x with or without CF/SLI. Even then, you can't expect to run every game at 60 fps. How else are games going to progress graphically? And yes, The Division warrants the GPU horsepower. The game looks great.

Are you going to complain about Rise of the Tomb Raider being unoptimized? Or will you let that pass since it's not made by ubisoft?
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #153 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSceptre View Post

Besides the fact that they are different engines/genre's of games, using only a 970 as an example doesn't make a strong point. How do we know that only that particular card is having.. Issues? redface.gif

Graphics wise I'd say TW3 and TD are quite close, The Division is also a multiplayer game, that takes up large amounts of resources that The Witcher doesn't have to deal with. People can scream Ubifail all they want, in this case, the game is very well optimized. I mean, a single 290 is getting 70fps @ 1080p.. I get the "downgrade" comments, because the game definitely looks worse than the reveal, but the "terrible performance" part leaves me headscratch.gif ..

I wouldnt use the word terrible, but rather not ideal. I dont know if you've played the far cry series, but i played the 3rd iteration and it stuttered well into a year after launch. From what i hear, 4 has the same issue. In the below vid, start at 5:30. I'm not saying Ubi cant make good games, but optimization wise, we're not talking about the frostbite engine.

3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

I wouldnt use the word terrible, but rather not ideal. I dont know if you've played the far cry series, but i played the 3rd iteration and it stuttered well into a year after launch. From what i hear, 4 has the same issue. In the below vid, start at 5:30. I'm not saying Ubi cant make good games, but optimization wise, we're not talking about the frostbite engine.

What's not ideal about it? A single 290 is getting 70fps on HQ..



I'm well aware of Ubisofts track record, I've been burnt by them many times. But this game is a different story, the Snowdrop engine is looking solid.

I'm assuming you were thinking of Battlefront when you brought up Frostbite? keep in mind that Battlefront also used pre-baked lighting, which might of made Frostbite look better than it actually is (although i still think it's one of the best out there). Snowdrop is doing a lot of crazy thing's at once. You can't compare engines/optimization based on the fps of individual games using them. Still not picking The Division up until there's a package with the full game, i'm not spending $60 for a third of it..
post #155 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post

Your point has nothing to stand on. It's two different engines. Two completely different games.

The game is well optimized. People are just not turning down settings despite going over their vram limit.

You can't just max a game out and cry 'unoptimized' just because you can't run it. This is PC. There's settings for a reason. You're not entitled to max out every game unless you have 980ti/titan/fury x with or without CF/SLI. Even then, you can't expect to run every game at 60 fps. How else are games going to progress graphically? And yes, The Division warrants the GPU horsepower. The game looks great.

Are you going to complain about Rise of the Tomb Raider being unoptimized? Or will you let that pass since it's not made by ubisoft?

If the GTX 970 was going over it's vram limit it would be stuttering. rolleyes.gif

The game barely looks better on PC.


You won't be able to see it properly until EuroGamer post their article and their screenshots, but you can see and hear what they say about it here.


Edited by TopicClocker - 2/3/16 at 11:05am
post #156 of 304
Long story short, they maxed out the PS4/XBone performance with effects that don't add much more visual fidelity, just by increasing the strength of the effects, and didn't add any extras for PC. (and didn't uncut the cut effects from the previous tech demos)

Which is a little unfortunate, but what can you do. (edit: not like this is an uncommon pattern, anyhow)

At least they make a point about what a baseline scenario for visual quality could look like, going forward, I guess.
Edited by Tivan - 2/3/16 at 12:31pm
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 304
What about CPu performance?
Athlon x4 860K 4.5GHz vs pentium g3258 4.5GHz.
FX 6300 4.5Ghz vs i3 6100
post #158 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themisseble View Post

What about CPu performance?
Athlon x4 860K 4.5GHz vs pentium g3258 4.5GHz.
FX 6300 4.5Ghz vs i3 6100


source (fun fact, it's from the same article as the OP. GameGPU always do CPU benches as well, though not covering skylake or some low end parts, oh well.)

I'd assume the 860k is around FX-4300 level, and the i3 6100 might be like 10% faster than the i3 4330. Roughly. Pentium would be kinda on the low end of the chart, or better with some overclock. Then again, the average framerates are pretty good on all, so I wouldn't worry about CPU too much in this.

For overclocks, you can always do some basic mathmatical upscaling, at least for the minimum FPS. Seems average FPS caps at 104 no matter what.

edit: also reminder that the i3 6100 can overclock too.
Edited by Tivan - 2/3/16 at 12:56pm
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivan View Post


source (fun fact, it's from the same article as the OP. GameGPU always do CPU benches as well, though not covering skylake or some low end parts, oh well.)

I'd assume the 860k is around FX-4300 level, and the i3 6100 might be like 10% faster than the i3 4330. Roughly. Pentium would be kinda on the low end of the chart, or better with some overclock. Then again, the average framerates are pretty good on all, so I wouldn't worry about CPU too much in this.

For overclocks, you can always do some basic mathmatical upscaling, at least for the minimum FPS. Seems average FPS caps at 104 no matter what.

edit: also reminder that the i3 6100 can overclock too.

i3 6100 is a lot faster then i3 4330 because you OC the CPU and RAM. It seems DDR4 makes a lot of difference.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #160 of 304
Ubisoft ... lolz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU]The Division - Performance test