Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU]The Division - Performance test
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GameGPU]The Division - Performance test - Page 17

post #161 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

i3 6100 is a lot faster then i3 4330 because you OC the CPU and RAM. It seems DDR4 makes a lot of difference.

If you overclock it that is! But yeah, DDR4 would also have a nice impact out of the box, if you take the fast stuff (or overclock). No reason not to go fast!
Edited by Tivan - 2/3/16 at 1:27pm
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #162 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivan View Post

Long story short, they maxed out the PS4/XBone performance with effects that don't add much more visual fidelity, just by increasing the strength of the effects, and didn't add any extras for PC. (and didn't uncut the cut effects)

Which is a little unfortunate, but what can you do.

Except that they only maxed out the XBone... If Xbone can do 1080p @ 30 then PS4 can get a either higher framerate or more visual effects but it's not being done in this case.

I don't get why everyone is so entitled, PC is usually the lowest sales market, if the performance is solid and gameplay good why expect them to focus more on the PC platform? I'm genuinely curious...
Project OP
(13 items)
 
 
Compooter too
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690k  MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4) Black 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4) White Samsung 950 Pro m.2 Lightscribe 24x DVDrw Corsair H100i v2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 LG 25UM57 2560 X 1080 60Hz IPS SilverStone Strider plus SST ST1000-P Corsair Carbide 400c White 
Other
Swiftech 8W-PWM 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1700x Asus x370 crosshair VI Hero ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 TI G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 950 m.2 256GB Crucial MX300 1TB SATA 2.5 HP DVD1070 Windows 10 Home 
PowerCaseOther
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 80+ GOLD Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900  CableMod PSU Cabling 
  hide details  
Reply
Project OP
(13 items)
 
 
Compooter too
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690k  MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4) Black 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4) White Samsung 950 Pro m.2 Lightscribe 24x DVDrw Corsair H100i v2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 LG 25UM57 2560 X 1080 60Hz IPS SilverStone Strider plus SST ST1000-P Corsair Carbide 400c White 
Other
Swiftech 8W-PWM 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1700x Asus x370 crosshair VI Hero ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 TI G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 950 m.2 256GB Crucial MX300 1TB SATA 2.5 HP DVD1070 Windows 10 Home 
PowerCaseOther
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 80+ GOLD Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900  CableMod PSU Cabling 
  hide details  
Reply
post #163 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivan View Post


source (fun fact, it's from the same article as the OP. GameGPU always do CPU benches as well, though not covering skylake or some low end parts, oh well.)

I'd assume the 860k is around FX-4300 level, and the i3 6100 might be like 10% faster than the i3 4330. Roughly. Pentium would be kinda on the low end of the chart, or better with some overclock. Then again, the average framerates are pretty good on all, so I wouldn't worry about CPU too much in this.

For overclocks, you can always do some basic mathmatical upscaling, at least for the minimum FPS. Seems average FPS caps at 104 no matter what.

edit: also reminder that the i3 6100 can overclock too.

Yep, i3 6100 OC... not for long. Also its not worth it, cheaper MB and i5.
I saw some problems with pentium g3258, game doesnt work well on 2 threaded CPus, basically its crashing.

Havent see video with G3258 ....
post #164 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTurn View Post

Except that they only maxed out the XBone... If Xbone can do 1080p @ 30 then PS4 can get a either higher framerate or more visual effects but it's not being done in this case.

I don't get why everyone is so entitled, PC is usually the lowest sales market, if the performance is solid and gameplay good why expect them to focus more on the PC platform? I'm genuinely curious...

Is the PS4 some super computer we don't know about? Lol. It's still in the same category as the X1; Weak. The X1 runs at a dynamic res, the PS4 runs at 1080p, there's your power difference. Even if a 3rd party dev could max out the 'theoretical' power difference between them, you're looking at a difference of 1080p/30 vs 1080p/45, which means nothing..

PC is usually the lowest selling platform based on NPD, which doesn't count digital, so that pretty much negates 90% of the PC market. The way you word your post makes it seem that we should just be grateful for whatever we get, or we are entitled.. That's ridiculous, and those sorts of posts usually come from people who don't list what GPU they have, while moaning about the PS4 getting gimped to match the "XBone".. Go figure.. rolleyes.gif

In actual fact these companies are publishing and porting games to PC, not out of the kindness of their hearts, but because they obviously see a market to make money. If they choose to put products on a platform, then they should give that platform the same care they give to the others. That doesn't mean PC players are screaming "moar", it just means that if they put effort in, the platform will naturally look/perform the best, because it is the best. There's nothing entitled about it.
post #165 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivan View Post


source (fun fact, it's from the same article as the OP. GameGPU always do CPU benches as well, though not covering skylake or some low end parts, oh well.)

I'd assume the 860k is around FX-4300 level, and the i3 6100 might be like 10% faster than the i3 4330. Roughly. Pentium would be kinda on the low end of the chart, or better with some overclock. Then again, the average framerates are pretty good on all, so I wouldn't worry about CPU too much in this.

For overclocks, you can always do some basic mathmatical upscaling, at least for the minimum FPS. Seems average FPS caps at 104 no matter what.

edit: also reminder that the i3 6100 can overclock too.
the benchmark tells you the overall performance for the cpu but it doesnt show the frametime for each where they have a fps drop in a milisecons there you could notice that some of those cpus would be a bottleneck for 2x 980Ti
post #166 of 304
Well The division will run great on FX 6300 and FX 8350. I linked video before and basically FX 8320 was running sometimes at 90-100% usage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRdolQrLW8

Pretty much FX 6300 does the job well, keep in mind that this FX runs on stock settings.

And it looks like he is having FPS drops because of VRAM...
Edited by Themisseble - 2/3/16 at 2:30pm
post #167 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSceptre View Post

Is the PS4 some super computer we don't know about? Lol. It's still in the same category as the X1; Weak. The X1 runs at a dynamic res, the PS4 runs at 1080p, there's your power difference. Even if a 3rd party dev could max out the 'theoretical' power difference between them, you're looking at a difference of 1080p/30 vs 1080p/45, which means nothing..

PC is usually the lowest selling platform based on NPD, which doesn't count digital, so that pretty much negates 90% of the PC market. The way you word your post makes it seem that we should just be grateful for whatever we get, or we are entitled.. That's ridiculous, and those sorts of posts usually come from people who don't list what GPU they have, while moaning about the PS4 getting gimped to match the "XBone".. Go figure.. rolleyes.gif

In actual fact these companies are publishing and porting games to PC, not out of the kindness of their hearts, but because they obviously see a market to make money. If they choose to put products on a platform, then they should give that platform the same care they give to the others. That doesn't mean PC players are screaming "moar", it just means that if they put effort in, the platform will naturally look/perform the best, because it is the best. There's nothing entitled about it.
It has to be a supercomputer to be more powerful than the XB1? Just parroting what everyone else is saying with out actually knowing facts that can be the only explanation.because weak as they may be even putting the specs in pc terms 7850 > 7770.

Pc is usually the lowest sales according to publisher data... look it up.

They're pushing games to pc because more profit is a good thing... I didn't say pc doesn't deserve the ports I'm asking why do 'you' feel it deserves extra work?

Not sure how that was misconstrued and caused you to launch an attack.
Project OP
(13 items)
 
 
Compooter too
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690k  MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4) Black 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4) White Samsung 950 Pro m.2 Lightscribe 24x DVDrw Corsair H100i v2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 LG 25UM57 2560 X 1080 60Hz IPS SilverStone Strider plus SST ST1000-P Corsair Carbide 400c White 
Other
Swiftech 8W-PWM 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1700x Asus x370 crosshair VI Hero ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 TI G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 950 m.2 256GB Crucial MX300 1TB SATA 2.5 HP DVD1070 Windows 10 Home 
PowerCaseOther
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 80+ GOLD Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900  CableMod PSU Cabling 
  hide details  
Reply
Project OP
(13 items)
 
 
Compooter too
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690k  MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4) Black 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 8GB(2x4) White Samsung 950 Pro m.2 Lightscribe 24x DVDrw Corsair H100i v2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 LG 25UM57 2560 X 1080 60Hz IPS SilverStone Strider plus SST ST1000-P Corsair Carbide 400c White 
Other
Swiftech 8W-PWM 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1700x Asus x370 crosshair VI Hero ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 TI G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 950 m.2 256GB Crucial MX300 1TB SATA 2.5 HP DVD1070 Windows 10 Home 
PowerCaseOther
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 80+ GOLD Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900  CableMod PSU Cabling 
  hide details  
Reply
post #168 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTurn View Post

It has to be a supercomputer to be more powerful than the XB1? Just parroting what everyone else is saying with out actually knowing facts that can be the only explanation.because weak as they may be even putting the specs in pc terms 7850 > 7770.

Pc is usually the lowest sales according to publisher data... look it up.

They're pushing games to pc because more profit is a good thing... I didn't say pc doesn't deserve the ports I'm asking why do 'you' feel it deserves extra work?

Not sure how that was misconstrued and caused you to launch an attack.

No, it doesn't have to be a supercomputer. But i read posts all the time of people under the impression that the PS4 is on a completely different tier compared to the X1. Your post alluded to that when you said they only "maxed out the Xbone". You pretty much said that the PS4 is being held back so why shouldn't the PC, especially when it's the "lowest sales market". You're acting as if the parity between the consoles is anywhere close to the same thing as high-end PC's.. What I'm saying is that the PS4 isn't being held back, it runs at 1080p where the X1 runs dynamically, if the PS4 could be pushed so much further then why does it drop under 30fps?(although rare in this, it's common in most other titles).

Sales data can be argued, this thread isn't the place for that. I recall Ubisoft listing their highest selling platforms, it went PS4>PC>X1.

Again, i think very few are asking for "extra work", they're asking for the same amount of work. If studios put in as much effort on PC as they do on the consoles, then the fidelity differences in titles would be nearly night and day. Instead they use the superior processing power of PC to save them money on optimization. We are paying them the same amount of money, so we deserve the same amount of work. thumb.gif
post #169 of 304
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZOZLU7sw9g

i7 4790K and GTX TITAN X
i7 4790K is peaking at 100% usage.
post #170 of 304
Hopefully this mod wont effect frames too much:


3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 SAPPHIRE RX 470 4G G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 SAPPHIRE RX 470 4G G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU]The Division - Performance test