Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU]The Division - Performance test
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GameGPU]The Division - Performance test - Page 19

post #181 of 304
I think those are the gameready drivers already...
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
post #182 of 304
I am kind of shocked by all the people that sit in here and openly continue to support what is happening. The guess would be that the majority of those people pre-ordered, and are simply trying to justify their purchase decision. Instead of actually taking this game at literal face-value, for the pile of crap it is, and holding Ubisoft accountable. Ubisoft is probably the most habitual of abusers in terms of downgrades and generally shoddy work.

The above completely ignoring the subjective aspects of the game, like mechanics. I am just looking at the visual fidelity, the technical implementation, etc, etc. Not that many years ago this would be considered an Early Alpha level project, with a long way to go. Not Beta approaching release.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #183 of 304
Its hilarious to see a R9 280X compete with a 780 and a HD 7870 compete with a GTX 770. Anyway all that matters is Nvidia's profits, right. biggrin.gif
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #184 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

Its hilarious to see a R9 280X compete with a 780 and a HD 7870 compete with a GTX 770. Anyway all that matters is Nvidia's profits, right. biggrin.gif

I find it hard to believe you didn't notice the 280X beating a Titan as well.

Odd how you would equate an obviously poor job at development to being Nvidia's fault. But then again, you have never been one to be shy about showing your bias.

EDIT:

Pointing a finger at anyone other than Ubisoft is doing nothing more but encouraging Ubisoft to rip off customers with 3rd rate products that couldn't stand up under any reasonable consumer protection laws. Ubisoft literally is a Shovelware company at this point, just pushing out crap as fast as people will buy it.

Getting those who are biased to point fingers at the hardware developers is just icing on the cake for them.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #185 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

I find it hard to believe you didn't notice the 280X beating a Titan as well.

Odd how you would equate an obviously poor job at development to being Nvidia's fault. But then again, you have never been one to be shy about showing your bias.

EDIT:

Pointing a finger at anyone other than Ubisoft is doing nothing more but encouraging Ubisoft to rip off customers with 3rd rate products that couldn't stand up under any reasonable consumer protection laws. Ubisoft literally is a Shovelware company at this point, just pushing out crap as fast as people will buy it.

Getting those who are biased to point fingers at the hardware developers is just icing on the cake for them.

In general a 280x match a 780 nowdays. Imagine if i said that 2 years ago.

Yeah i blame nvidia for the poor performance of 780 . And also that poor 770 ...

And yes ubisoft sucks .
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
post #186 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku4eto View Post

I think those are the gameready drivers already...

They weren't marked as "game-ready" but merely fixes to the flashing/flickering problem some people were having. I personally had reduced performance with them, and rolled back.
post #187 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

I am kind of shocked by all the people that sit in here and openly continue to support what is happening. The guess would be that the majority of those people pre-ordered, and are simply trying to justify their purchase decision. Instead of actually taking this game at literal face-value, for the pile of crap it is, and holding Ubisoft accountable. Ubisoft is probably the most habitual of abusers in terms of downgrades and generally shoddy work.

The above completely ignoring the subjective aspects of the game, like mechanics. I am just looking at the visual fidelity, the technical implementation, etc, etc. Not that many years ago this would be considered an Early Alpha level project, with a long way to go. Not Beta approaching release.

Really getting annoyed by people screaming graphics this game looks really good turned up and I would say name one game in the last 5 years that actually lived up to its announcement trailers, I personally can't name one besides maybe battlefield and call of duty but they push the same crap every year with minor improvements. Finally there is performance anyone that has been in a beta knows better then to expect good performance in a beta it never happens the point of a beta is to find game breaking bugs not to run benchmarks, anyone actually following the ubisoft forums for bug reports and performance issues knows that the beta we played is already a few builds old hence the second beta being done at the end of the month.

As for game technical implementation I would say this game is doing a lot of new things out of the realm of what ubisoft can usually pull off, near field voice, almost seamless party grouping, playable pve/pvp enviroments, if your expecting destructible environments and big visual event's this isn't the game for you its a group loot based rpg that just so happens to use shooter elements as its combat system.

Now saying all this I am personally holding back to purchase this game until final release the biggest concern with this type of game is how much content is there going to be and whats the end game, I do agree with you in one aspect this is ubisoft and there is so much room for screw up with them but so far what I've seen the studio's ubisoft is using to make this game are at least trying this time around.
post #188 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. biggums View Post

Really getting annoyed by people screaming graphics this game looks really good turned up and I would say name one game in the last 5 years that actually lived up to its announcement trailers, I personally can't name one besides maybe battlefield and call of duty but they push the same crap every year with minor improvements. Finally there is performance anyone that has been in a beta knows better then to expect good performance in a beta it never happens the point of a beta is to find game breaking bugs not to run benchmarks, anyone actually following the ubisoft forums for bug reports and performance issues knows that the beta we played is already a few builds old hence the second beta being done at the end of the month.

As for game technical implementation I would say this game is doing a lot of new things out of the realm of what ubisoft can usually pull off, near field voice, almost seamless party grouping, playable pve/pvp enviroments, if your expecting destructible environments and big visual event's this isn't the game for you its a group loot based rpg that just so happens to use shooter elements as its combat system.

Now saying all this I am personally holding back to purchase this game until final release the biggest concern with this type of game is how much content is there going to be and whats the end game, I do agree with you in one aspect this is ubisoft and there is so much room for screw up with them but so far what I've seen the studio's ubisoft is using to make this game are at least trying this time around.

I don't know, sometimes I feel like the community is turning into that guy on the street corner telling people the sky is falling while wearing a spaghetti strainer on his head.
post #189 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

I find it hard to believe you didn't notice the 280X beating a Titan as well.

Odd how you would equate an obviously poor job at development to being Nvidia's fault. But then again, you have never been one to be shy about showing your bias.

EDIT:

Pointing a finger at anyone other than Ubisoft is doing nothing more but encouraging Ubisoft to rip off customers with 3rd rate products that couldn't stand up under any reasonable consumer protection laws. Ubisoft literally is a Shovelware company at this point, just pushing out crap as fast as people will buy it.

Getting those who are biased to point fingers at the hardware developers is just icing on the cake for them.

Its a well known fact that Nvidia is not supporting Kepler as well as it should. This is not the first game and I bet its going to continue as it has been happening from the time Maxwell launched. tongue.gif
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Fragbox
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2400 DH67BL AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series XFX HD 6950 2GB 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 Mhz 2 GB Western Digital Caviar Green SONY DVD-RW AD-7260S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit BENQ G2420HD Logitech K200 Seasonic VX550 psu 
CaseMouse
ANTEC 200 V2 Logitech mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #190 of 304
280X competing with Titan is definitely pretty wild! But then again, it's a nice card...

Lesson of the story, going for the underdog means going for the guys who don't have money for full refresh of their stuff every time they got new technology, so you're more likely to get focused driver optimizations for longer?

Could be Nvidia if AMD manage a turnaround sometime! So nothing against specific vendors.

edit: Just need to make it financially wise for Nvidia to re-use the last gen flagship as product below the current gen flagship!
Edited by Tivan - 2/5/16 at 1:28pm
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Cute PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k@4200 Sabertooth x79 R9 290 Tri-X@950/1250 4x4GB@2133CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 Mugen 4 Win7 Benq xl2411z 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC EA231WMi QPad-MK50 (reds) Seasonic S12G 750 Define R4  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3.5G BE Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Large Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU]The Division - Performance test