Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU]The Division - Performance test
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GameGPU]The Division - Performance test - Page 9

post #81 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

I can understand removing this from the consoles, but why it was also removed from the pc version boggles me.

Don't take my word for it but I am pretty sure it is one of the following reasons or a combination of :


1) Microsoft/Sony paid them to have all systems basically look the same. For marketing purposes. In this case it would likely be Microsoft. (maybe, but unlikely)

2) E3 builds were isolated scenarios where they pushed the limits of the engine to deceive people. Like the same with The Witcher 3. When it worked well in a small environment but when they scaled it up it just didn't work. (very likely)

3) They want to sell the game to a wider audience. They don't care for the 1% of people with 980 Ti SLI rigs that buy the game. They want to money from the 90% of people that play with a GTX 760 or Radeon 7870. (very likely)

4) Can't be bothered with putting all the work hours into optimizing a PC port with graphics that completely surpass the consoles when in the end they only sell 1-2 million PC copies anyways no matter what the graphics look like. Most peoples are sheeps in terms of buying habits. They don't care for stuff like that. (super likely)

5) They started development before the consoles released and the console dev kits were much more powerful than the actual consoles. (likely)


What I say happened :

They started developing the engine and game and cranked everything up and put everything in it and it looked beautiful. They thought when they continue working on the game they could make the final version of the game look like it and include everything they planned -> This never works. Game developers always cut basically 50% of every game. They always start with higher ambition and settle for less. Especially in huge studios that do AAA games.
Then the console released and they were much worse than they thought they'd be. They realized they couldn't make it happen and downgraded the game. Having a PC version much better would require extra work and then still only run for the 1% of PC gamers that have beefy rig. Look at me. For OCN standard I have a bad rig (OC 2500/OC 290X), but compared to other gamers I have a PC better than 95% of the people. And I still can't max out the game. I wonder what it'd be like if it looked like the E3 trailer. Then It'd run at like 5 fps maxxed out especially since they don't have the resources for perfect optimization. No game basically ever is perfectly optimized for PC.
Basically they realized what every game developer with good intention realized. God damn we can't deliver on what we showed. Since they can't admit it, because it would hurt sales they have to deny everything and stay silent.
Edited by zealord - 2/1/16 at 11:08am
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

Don't take my word for it but I am pretty sure it is one of the following reasons or a combination of :


1) Microsoft/Sony paid them to have all systems basically look the same. For marketing purposes. In this case it would likely be Microsoft. (maybe, but unlikely)

2) E3 builds were isolated scenarios where they pushed the limits of the engine to deceive people. Like the same with The Witcher 3. When it worked well in a small environment but when they scaled it up it just didn't work. (very likely)

3) They want to sell the game to a wider audience. They don't care for the 1% of people with 980 Ti SLI rigs that buy the game. They want to money from the 90% of people that play with a GTX 760 or Radeon 7870. (very likely)

4) Can't be bothered with putting all the work hours into optimizing a PC port with graphics that completely surpass the consoles when in the end they only sell 1-2 million PC copies anyways no matter what the graphics look like. Most peoples are sheeps in terms of buying habits. They don't care for stuff like that. (super likely)

5) They started development before the consoles released and the console dev kits were much more powerful than the actual consoles. (likely)


What I say happened :

They started developing the engine and game and cranked everything up and put everything in it and it looked beautiful. They thought when they continue working on the game they could make the final version of the game look like it and include everything they planned -> This never works. Game developers always cut basically 50% of every game. They always start with higher ambition and settle for less. Especially in huge studios that do AAA games.
Then the console released and they were much worse than they thought they'd be. They realized they couldn't make it happen and downgraded the game. Having a PC version much better would require extra work and then still only run for the 1% of PC gamers that have beefy rig. Look at me. For OCN standard I have a bad rig (OC 2500/OC 290X), but compared to other gamers I have a PC better than 95% of the people. And I still can't max out the game. I wonder what it'd be like if it looked like the E3 trailer. Then It'd run at like 5 fps maxxed out especially since they don't have the resources for perfect optimization. No game basically ever is perfectly optimized for PC.
Basically they realized what every game developer with good intention realized. God damn we can't deliver on what we showed. Since they can't admit it, because it would hurt sales they have to deny everything and stay silent.

They all sound plausible, and scaling it down from including everything they planned also seems very plausible.

By OCN standards I wouldn't say you have a bad rig, it's more on the higher end then anything lower or "bad".

And about no game being perfectly optimized for PC.

Metal Gear Solid V.

Kojima Productions released a masterpiece on PC. How can you make a game so amazingly optimized? I'm lost for words...

I suppose it's kind of a hyperbole statement to call it perfectly optimized, can anything even be perfect? But it's immensely close to perfection. I'd even be willing to call it one of the best optimized PC games in the past 5 years, with ease! If not the best!

Although there has been some amazingly well optimized games in the past too, Metal Gear Solid V is like the second Metal Gear Solid game on PC which released over 12 years after Metal Gear Solid 2 did.
The release date even got pushed forward to release along side the consoles. Amazing!
post #83 of 304
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

I did not question your expectations of the game. I just stating my personal opinion towards the visuals. My comment is not a direct response to yours. If it was, I would have quoted you.


OH hey sorry then! I figured you were responding directly to me. You really think the debris is less? I felt like it was the same considering how much wider the streets are in manhattan. Remember the E3 Demo was showing brooklyn and brooklyn has notoriously narrow streets compared to manhattan.
 
4th time
(18 items)
 
3rd time
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ASrock x99 Fatal1ty professional Gigabyte 1080 ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 CAS 15 32GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD Corsair 110i GTX Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Acer 24 inch IPS 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Acer 24 inch IPS Acer 24 inch IPS Samsung 40 inch Corsair Strafe RGB MX cherry blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000i Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 RGB  Razer Manticor  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASROCK Fatal1ty p67 EVGA GTX 980 SC 16380 MBMBDDR3-SDRAM (Gskill) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD103SJ x 2 Samsung 850 EVO  Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Samsung - LN40D550 - 40" LCD TV - 1080p ACER R240HY ACER R240HY ACER R240HY 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
razer black widow Corsair TX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 CM Storm Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 MSI 870S-G54 2 x 6850 HIS IceQ-x 8 Gigabytes Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB zalman 90mm Windows Ultimate x64 LG 47'  
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 37' E370L  OCZ Modstream 700W Logisys CS888CL 
  hide details  
Reply
 
4th time
(18 items)
 
3rd time
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ASrock x99 Fatal1ty professional Gigabyte 1080 ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 CAS 15 32GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 850 1TB SSD Corsair 110i GTX Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Acer 24 inch IPS 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Acer 24 inch IPS Acer 24 inch IPS Samsung 40 inch Corsair Strafe RGB MX cherry blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000i Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 RGB  Razer Manticor  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASROCK Fatal1ty p67 EVGA GTX 980 SC 16380 MBMBDDR3-SDRAM (Gskill) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD103SJ x 2 Samsung 850 EVO  Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Samsung - LN40D550 - 40" LCD TV - 1080p ACER R240HY ACER R240HY ACER R240HY 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
razer black widow Corsair TX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 CM Storm Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 MSI 870S-G54 2 x 6850 HIS IceQ-x 8 Gigabytes Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB zalman 90mm Windows Ultimate x64 LG 47'  
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 37' E370L  OCZ Modstream 700W Logisys CS888CL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post



lachen.gif

Another one of those people, gotta love the uninformed, conspiracy nuts.

Yes, the completely optional features within a game that the developers choose to use is killing the industry. Right. We will just ignore that up until Crimson, AMD just completely ignored DirectX and their appalling driver overhead. Nope, not the bad drivers, it is the Nvidia stuff that is causing AMD such heartache.

Shall we discuss work quality from the developers themselves? No?

Look, the people pushing blame of AMD's performance issues on Nvidia remind me of the nuts that blame firearms for the shootings. Instead of actually wanting to look at the real cause of the problem, they instead look to blame others.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post


Wrong about witcher 3, hair works was optional thus not gimping amd cards unless the user chosen to be gimped for some odd reason it also affected nvidia cards just as bad.
post #87 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

lachen.gif

Another one of those people, gotta love the uninformed, conspiracy nuts.

Yes, the completely optional features within a game that the developers choose to use is killing the industry. Right. We will just ignore that up until Crimson, AMD just completely ignored DirectX and their appalling driver overhead. Nope, not the bad drivers, it is the Nvidia stuff that is causing AMD such heartache.

Shall we discuss work quality from the developers themselves? No?

Look, the people pushing blame of AMD's performance issues on Nvidia remind me of the nuts that blame firearms for the shootings. Instead of actually wanting to look at the real cause of the problem, they instead look to blame others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugalumps View Post

Wrong about witcher 3, hair works was optional thus not gimping amd cards unless the user chosen to be gimped for some odd reason it also affected nvidia cards just as bad.

I had nothing against Nvidia PhysX when It would only run on Nvidia hardware. Now Nvidia is using their money and dominance to "force" GW in almost every game because the excuse is that it also runs on AMD cards. It is not as simple as turning off GW in games and you are set. The examples in those videos where about stuff out of the users control. In PCars the Physics of the game was something AMD could not fix. Even if AMD could go and fix each game you are talking about time and money which they dont have. Why should AMD have to spend extra time to optimize Nvidia build code which they cant mod? In software eveything is possible. I just want Nvidia to take their GimpWorks and make it Nvidia explusive. If Nvidia cared then why could we not run PhysX back in the day if you have AMD card and use a secondry Nvidia card to run PhysX? Not sure what the deal with Rise of The Tomb Raider is but PureHair was/is AMD technology done right.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

lol that titan is slower than 280x lachen.gif

This is the 6GB OG TITAN not the Titan X I hope you realize
post #89 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickwily06 View Post

This is the 6GB OG TITAN not the Titan X I hope you realize

Yeah a card that came 1 year after HD 7970 and was priced 2x.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickwily06 View Post

This is the 6GB OG TITAN not the Titan X I hope you realize
so ? just because it is og titan it's now okay if 250-300$ card is matching /beating it ? lol and people say fury x is bad. im sure after pascal it will beat titan x too. but people won't care and move to next nv card instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [GameGPU]The Division - Performance test