Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › H100i + 3770k water temp vs cpu temp delta
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

H100i + 3770k water temp vs cpu temp delta - Page 2

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

If it were a pump problem it would be shown with high liquid temps, and that is not happening.

Fair enough, I just noticed on closer inspection that OP is running the fans at around 1400rpm. I know the H100i doesnt do that great at its lower fan speeds but that really takes the biscuit if its hitting mid eighties at that low of a voltage. I was getting about those temps in Prime with an Arctic I30 at 1.28 4.3 20 odd C ambient.

Agree on re-doing the TIM
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the good advice guys smile.gif I will re-seat with some new TIM and see what happens. Loooking at Slink3Slyde's link I'd say I'm prob not too far off considering I was running prime with small FFTs and fairly conservative h100i fan profile. I will post back with the results.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhap11 View Post

Thanks for all the good advice guys smile.gif I will re-seat with some new TIM and see what happens. Loooking at Slink3Slyde's link I'd say I'm prob not too far off considering I was running prime with small FFTs and fairly conservative h100i fan profile. I will post back with the results.

GL, Just bear in mind that Prime blend runs both small and large FFT's so the same FFT's are run.

I'm still curious about how you can hit mid eighties at 1.144 V even with the fans on low. I'm interested to hear what happens with the new TIM thumb.gif
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

GL, Just bear in mind that Prime blend runs both small and large FFT's so the same FFT's are run.

I'm still curious about how you can hit mid eighties at 1.144 V even with the fans on low. I'm interested to hear what happens with the new TIM thumb.gif

I ordered some Noctua NT-H1 last night, in the mean time I ran Prime again this morning on blend for 30mins with slightly higher OC and more aggressive fan profile (stock fans), ambient was 23c (prob 5c less than previous). Max temp was 80c.

Voltages are still quite low so if I can keep temps in check I might be able to get a good OC out of the old girl.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhap11 View Post

I ordered some Noctua NT-H1 last night, in the mean time I ran Prime again this morning on blend for 30mins with slightly higher OC and more aggressive fan profile (stock fans), ambient was 23c (prob 5c less than previous). Max temp was 80c.

Voltages are still quite low so if I can keep temps in check I might be able to get a good OC out of the old girl.

Curious, I always thought blend just meant a blend of small and large FFTS. I always max out temps after 15 or 20 mins in blend with whatever test was then. I don't recall getting much warmer if at all with small FFTS. Maybe the old l memory is playing up. smile.gif

I just recalled something, you wouldn't be using an Asrock Extreme 4 motherboard would you ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › H100i + 3770k water temp vs cpu temp delta