Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [ZDNet] Microsoft starts pushing Windows 10 as a 'recommended' update
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ZDNet] Microsoft starts pushing Windows 10 as a 'recommended' update - Page 4  

post #31 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Counters with an insult, classy.

What insult?

That this is Saturday Night Live and we're on Jeopardy?

You consider that an insult? Have our standards really dropped that low?

Or that he needs to read what I've said in context? You know considering every single statement he's made thus far is an assumption, at best?
post #32 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

What insult?

That this is Saturday Night Live and we're on Jeopardy?

You consider that an insult? Have our standards really dropped that low?

Or that he needs to read what I've said in context? You know considering every single statement he's made thus far is an assumption, at best?

It has since you claimed 30% RMA rate (Razer Blade) and failed to back it up, using Amazon reviews to continue the direction of the argument, and also when you claimed to understand how Warranty Claims Administration worked for GM.

Offering an individual who articulates arguments with citations to "Learn2Read" and claim its not in any fashion insulting is a bit, perplexing.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
post #33 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

Let's not pretend that you weren't replying to corky dorkelson's very precise post (see below), so, once again, stop twisting words to try to make an argument you don't have. Windows 7 and 8.1 aren't a service and they aren't "moving towards a SERVICE", if that is what you are implying.

Learn2Read, not what I said nor inferred - Verbatim.

Windows in and of itself, is now a service.

Nowhere in my verbiage does it say Windows 7 is or will be.
Quote:
The point was, Windows 7 is supported until 2020 and people like corky and me want to use what we paid for, nobody needs to get off the train now.

Nobody refuted your ability to do so.
Quote:
Also, it's obvious that Windows 10 is a service, that is not even under question, so stop bringing it up to deflect, you're not educating anyone on that, I've said that myself multiple times and is one of the reasons why I don't like Windows 10 and I've explained pretty clearly how that is then reflected in the Terms of Service already (more to come most probably). Microsoft itself can't stop mentioning "Windows as a service" when talking about Windows 10 whenever they can. Again, when talking about Windows 10.
And here is Microsoft's blog post, which makes it very clear and contradicts what you were implying:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/15/windows-10-embracing-silicon-innovation/

They've already said that there won't be a Windows 11, there will be Windows the service, which is what I was referring to.

Again, learn2read, never inferred or stated anything different.
Quote:
Edit to answer your P.S.: Legally speaking they still owe me more with Windows 7, which I paid for and is a product, than with Windows 10, which is a "free" service. With Windows 10 they really owe me nothing and can do whatever they can. The way Windows 10 works already (again, more to come most probably) shows that pretty well.

Nope. Sorry.

You are a licensee. You do not OWN your software in any shape/form/function or reality. Windows as an operating system is a service being provided to you and it's support will last for another 5 years which, I never once refuted.

It's funny because you seem to get off on refuting my comments and pointing out facts that I never opposed, inferred or stated otherwise. I feel like it's Saturday Night Live and we're on Jeopardy because not once, have you refuted a statement I've actually made. You have refuted your assumptions as to my "apparent" meaning but, you have yet to rebut an actual statement.


So, I need to learn how to read what you said in context?

...


You were replying to corky's very precise post. Everybody saw that. Your posts after that expanding, explaining and rewriting what you actually meant merely make it seem that your original reply was either intentionally misleading or completely meaningless / nonsensical when it came to actually answering corky's post. You can only chose one.


Edit: as to your last paragraph, it's highly ironic that in the one just before you refute something that I didn't say. How about that? Oh, and just for clarity, I'll say it again, verbatim: Windows 7 is a product. It's even written on the retail box.
Edited by tpi2007 - 2/2/16 at 6:56pm
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
post #34 of 176
Well the way I read the post in question was also that it inferred Windows 7 was moving towards a service. Inferred because it was a direct response to corky dorkelson's lamentations, and corky dorkelson uses Win7 Pro.
post #35 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

It has since you claimed 30% RMA rate (Razer Blade) and failed to back it up, using Amazon reviews to continue the direction of the argument, and also when you claimed to understand how Warranty Claims Administration worked for GM.

Offering an individual who articulates arguments with citations to "Learn2Read" and claim its not in any fashion insulting is a bit, perplexing.

Incorrect, sir.

I was ultimately asked not to post the failure rate as my information was distributor direct. That being said, even Amazon and Newegg have 20-30% failure rates which, anyone can see...It really doesn't matter if only 2 models with 2 votes show a 5 star rating when 200 of 500 people gave the previous version a 1-2 star rating because they had to RMA due to failure.

Alas, we've discussed that already and I proved my point...So, the rest is needless conjecture.

As a vendor, I'm required by LAW to understand how warranty claims work, period. Just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

So, I need to learn how to read what you said in context?

...


You were replying to corky's very precise post. Everybody saw that. Your posts after that expanding, explaining and rewriting what you actually meant merely make it seem that your original reply was either intentionally misleading or completely meaningless / nonsensical when it came to actually answering corky's post. You can only chose one.

And?

I elaborated and was quite poignant. I never once said "Window 7", I said "Windows" verbatim. Your assumption is your own and not what's actually present so, yes, you need to learn how to read what is said in black & white, in context because I neither make allusions nor infer anything beyond that fact that M$ is making Windows into a permanent service.

Windows 7 & 8 are OPERATING SYSTEMS and are thus classified as such. Windows 10 is a SERVICE. Those are 2 completely different distinctions that are mutually exclusive - Considering the apparent intelligence present here, I assumed that was CK (common knowledge) - I guess I was clearly mistaken. I'll ELY5 from now on, just to be clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

Well the way I read the post in question was also that it inferred Windows 7 was moving towards a service. Inferred because it was a direct response to corky dorkelson's lamentations, and corky dorkelson uses Win7 Pro.

See above.

In it's context, I don't infer anything.

I made the assumption that you //all// knew the distinction between an operating system and a service but, I was mistaken so, from this point forward, I will ELY5.
post #36 of 176
Masked, I've already said everything that is worth saying, people can make up their minds on how in context and relevant your reply to corky's very specific post was.


I'll just add that I edited my last post to include this at the end, I'll reproduce it here for convenience:
Quote:
Edit: as to your last paragraph, it's highly ironic that in the one just before you refute something that I didn't say. How about that? Oh, and just for clarity, I'll say it again, verbatim: Windows 7 is a product. It's even written on the retail box.
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
post #37 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Incorrect, sir.

I was ultimately asked not to post the failure rate as my information was distributor direct. That being said, even Amazon and Newegg have 20-30% failure rates which, anyone can see...It really doesn't matter if only 2 models with 2 votes show a 5 star rating when 200 of 500 people gave the previous version a 1-2 star rating because they had to RMA due to failure.

Alas, we've discussed that already and I proved my point...So, the rest is needless conjecture.

As a vendor, I'm required by LAW to understand how warranty claims work, period. Just sayin.

Then the information until made public cant be cited for basis to prove a point. Your whole argument was based on quick sand as you jumped the gun trying to use for what we can believe is imaginary. No one on OCN will accept a NEWEGG REVIEW as basis to whether or not a product will fulfill a need for its interpreted lifespan.

If proving your point = not admitting fault then sure, you had done that in spectacular fashion.

And no, in an article I believe in 2014 you had attempted to demonstrate the warranty process in the Auto industry and we had an altercation because of it.

As a vendor, you have little to no understanding of how Warranty Claims Administration works in the auto industry. I suggest you hit the books, just sayin.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
post #38 of 176
I 100% don't see the problem with this. I mean, why WOULDN'T Microsoft recommend a free brand new version of Windows over older versions? Obviously they are going to be spending more of their efforts supporting Win10 over older versions they are trying to migrate people from so it likely is a safer OS for the average person to use, thus the recommendation. At least that's how I see it.

I mean crying over this is like expecting a car company NOT to recommend their new models over the old ones! rolleyes.gif
post #39 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I 100% don't see the problem with this. I mean, why WOULDN'T Microsoft recommend a free brand new version of Windows over older versions? Obviously they are going to be spending more of their efforts supporting Win10 over older versions they are trying to migrate people from so it likely is a safer OS for the average person to use, thus the recommendation. At least that's how I see it.

I mean crying over this is like expecting a car company NOT to recommend their new models over the old ones! rolleyes.gif

If were going to use apples to oranges metaphors then it really depends on who your talking to, the salesman? Or the Warranty Claims Administrator?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
post #40 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I 100% don't see the problem with this. I mean, why WOULDN'T Microsoft recommend a free brand new version of Windows over older versions? Obviously they are going to be spending more of their efforts supporting Win10 over older versions they are trying to migrate people from so it likely is a safer OS for the average person to use, thus the recommendation. At least that's how I see it.

I mean crying over this is like expecting a car company NOT to recommend their new models over the old ones! rolleyes.gif

except this is how they package it.
Quote:
I wonder if this is the last time I have to hide this crap.


Also pushed today is another update to the Update client, and again, lacking any sort of meaningful description, which is probably to say it's got Windows 10 bits in it:

KB3135445, "Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: February 2016"


quote from tpi.

does that say anything about windows 10 being installed?

so next year gm will come out with a car called update for MY2015?

at least call a spade a spade.
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
Sons Rig
(11 items)
 
File Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 4790K ASUS Z97-WS Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16 Gb's Mushkin DDR3 @ 1600 MHz Crucial M500 SSD 240gb Coolit ECO C240 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor HTC Vive Coolermaster Silent Pro M 1000W Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries Qck Mass Super Thick Cloth Mouse Pad Genius SW-G2.1 1250 4PC Gaming Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16 Gb's G.Skill DDR3 1866 Crucial M500 SSD 240Gb Coolit ECO C240 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCase
Benq G2420HD Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000 Watt Deepcool Kendomen 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i3 2120 Supermicro X9SCM-F 4 Gb Kingston 1600mhz DDR3 ECC 12 Segate 2tb drives (RAID 6) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
ADATA SP600 SSD 24 Toshiba DT01ACA200 drives (2 RAID 6's) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. OCZ ZT750 Supermicro PWS-665-PQ 
CaseOtherOtherOther
Norco 4020 and Norco 4224 LSI 9260-4i Raid Card Intel RES2SV240 20 port Expander. HP SAS 24 por... Voltaire 410Ex Hca Infiniband HBA 
  hide details  
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
Sons Rig
(11 items)
 
File Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 4790K ASUS Z97-WS Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16 Gb's Mushkin DDR3 @ 1600 MHz Crucial M500 SSD 240gb Coolit ECO C240 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PB287Q 4K Monitor HTC Vive Coolermaster Silent Pro M 1000W Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries Qck Mass Super Thick Cloth Mouse Pad Genius SW-G2.1 1250 4PC Gaming Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3770k Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16 Gb's G.Skill DDR3 1866 Crucial M500 SSD 240Gb Coolit ECO C240 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCase
Benq G2420HD Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000 Watt Deepcool Kendomen 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i3 2120 Supermicro X9SCM-F 4 Gb Kingston 1600mhz DDR3 ECC 12 Segate 2tb drives (RAID 6) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
ADATA SP600 SSD 24 Toshiba DT01ACA200 drives (2 RAID 6's) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. OCZ ZT750 Supermicro PWS-665-PQ 
CaseOtherOtherOther
Norco 4020 and Norco 4224 LSI 9260-4i Raid Card Intel RES2SV240 20 port Expander. HP SAS 24 por... Voltaire 410Ex Hca Infiniband HBA 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [ZDNet] Microsoft starts pushing Windows 10 as a 'recommended' update