Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Rise of the Tomb Raider SLI Scaling issues
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rise of the Tomb Raider SLI Scaling issues

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
So I tried that "fix" people are talking about for the SLI issue in rise of the tomb raider and I dont believe its working for me at all. I have two 980's, 16gb of ram, and a 5820k.

here is a screenshot because I am getting 35-60fps at 1440p with MAX settings. Does this sound right?

tombraider.png 6455k .png file
post #2 of 8
I used these bits and it completley turned the game around for me. You need to change both sets. Not just the dx11 but the hidden one too.
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfordcobra View Post

I used these bits and it completley turned the game around for me. You need to change both sets. Not just the dx11 but the hidden one too.

I did. I changed both of them manually. Still nothing. Getting **** fps
post #4 of 8
60 fps is about right there. That and geothermal are very hard to run. I get about 90 there with980tis
post #5 of 8
Do you have MSI afterburner or some other tool to see how much scaling you are getting? Let's stop guessing if you did it correctly and check the hard numbers. You should see a dramatic change in GPU usage. Up to 95-99 percent on both up from 60-70 percent.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterKen7 View Post

Do you have MSI afterburner or some other tool to see how much scaling you are getting? Let's stop guessing if you did it correctly and check the hard numbers. You should see a dramatic change in GPU usage. Up to 95-99 percent on both up from 60-70 percent.

here is MSI afterburner. tombraider.png 1783k .png file

GPU 2 is getting better usage than GPU 1? I saw my GPU2 skyrocket to 90%usage. but it doesnt stay there for long it goes back down to 65-80 most of the time, and GPU 1 is always lower than GPU 2 for some reason.

yesterday I tried one card vs two cards and the FPS difference was about 8-10 frames, so i I know SLI has yet to be configured correctly for Tomb Raider. I punched in the numbers manually for Nvidia inspector as well, and nothing has happened. I don't know if there is something else I need to do once I configure the profile for Rise of the Tomb raider with those "new" SLI settings.
Edited by garretts43 - 2/2/16 at 2:32pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by garretts43 View Post

here is MSI afterburner. tombraider.png 1783k .png file

GPU 2 is getting better usage than GPU 1? I saw my GPU2 skyrocket to 90%usage. but it doesnt stay there for long it goes back down to 65-80 most of the time, and GPU 1 is always lower than GPU 2 for some reason.

yesterday I tried one card vs two cards and the FPS difference was about 8-10 frames, so i I know SLI has yet to be configured correctly for Tomb Raider. I punched in the numbers manually for Nvidia inspector as well, and nothing has happened. I don't know if there is something else I need to do once I configure the profile for Rise of the Tomb raider with those "new" SLI settings.

Strange, are you positive you did both edits? There is an "Undefined" secret bit that needs to be set as well.

Main bits:
http://i.imgur.com/YsWyhRH.png

Undefined bit:
http://i.imgur.com/2Kz5Ngd.png

MSI Afterburner pegged at 100 percent for both:
http://i.imgur.com/RUH94oL.png
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterKen7 View Post

Strange, are you positive you did both edits? There is an "Undefined" secret bit that needs to be set as well.

Main bits:
http://i.imgur.com/YsWyhRH.png

Undefined bit:
http://i.imgur.com/2Kz5Ngd.png

MSI Afterburner pegged at 100 percent for both:
http://i.imgur.com/RUH94oL.png

Yes i have those exact settings. yet i still get terrible FPS. Maybe 980's arent compatible?

I put everything on MAX except for texture which I set to "high" and I barely even got past 60fps. I put texture on "ULTRA" I shot down to 30 and barely went past 45. I dont get it. Guess I gotta wait until new drivers or something.
Edited by garretts43 - 2/3/16 at 3:06pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Rise of the Tomb Raider SLI Scaling issues