Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Various] Starcraft 2 Player Life Arrested for Match Fixing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] Starcraft 2 Player Life Arrested for Match Fixing - Page 3

post #21 of 108
Classic case of unaware gamers. Most of these people really don't know the implications of what they're agreeing to. I've got friends who are avid players of competitive sports and don't understand even the concept of what's considered 'fair play'. I.E. this exact thing. You'd be shocked to know how low the number is of people who really understand that bribery is illegal.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

Classic case of unaware gamers. Most of these people really don't know the implications of what they're agreeing to. I've got friends who are avid players of competitive sports and don't understand even the concept of what's considered 'fair play'. I.E. this exact thing. You'd be shocked to know how low the number is of people who really understand that bribery is illegal.

Erm, no...He knew what he was getting into and knew what fair play was/is. They all do.

Starcraft 2 comes down to CPM...Of course it can be fixed...

I made Diamond a couple years ago when SC2 first dropped back when I was seriously into it - Played against a few of the guys that eventually went pro - Not sure if I ever played Life but, those games are 100% macro based...You don't even really have a strategy up until the first rush and then it's a strategic mashing of the buttons - Especially if you're Zerg.

Both Protoss and Terran can be 100% macrod across a Deathadder to literally get well over 100cpm.

Fixing a game is as easy as skipping 2-3 cycles of units...For those guys, that's game over.

It's going to be interesting proving that he fixed the games considering, literally, if you miss a cycle, you could just claim you were fatigued and forgot about it...But, to claim that you don't know what you were doing or didn't know what was fair play? No...You knew.
post #23 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post

I think it is pretty open isn't it, you just sign up and pay a entry fee for most tournaments.

Not really, tournaments have qualifying conditions, like ladder points or being in a league below them.

Getting into a big tournament without the proper experience is kind of like going from playing hockey with your friends on saturday night to playing on a NHL team.
I mean, sure, it COULD happen but the chances are pretty slim.
post #24 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post

Not really, tournaments have qualifying conditions, like ladder points or being in a league below them.

Getting into a big tournament without the proper experience is kind of like going from playing hockey with your friends on saturday night to playing on a NHL team.
I mean, sure, it COULD happen but the chances are pretty slim.
To be fair, without any of that you would get stomped so hard it wouldn't be funny for anyone.
post #25 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Erm, no...He knew what he was getting into and knew what fair play was/is. They all do.

Starcraft 2 comes down to CPM...Of course it can be fixed...

I made Diamond a couple years ago when SC2 first dropped back when I was seriously into it - Played against a few of the guys that eventually went pro - Not sure if I ever played Life but, those games are 100% macro based...You don't even really have a strategy up until the first rush and then it's a strategic mashing of the buttons - Especially if you're Zerg.

Both Protoss and Terran can be 100% macrod across a Deathadder to literally get well over 100cpm.

Fixing a game is as easy as skipping 2-3 cycles of units...For those guys, that's game over.

It's going to be interesting proving that he fixed the games considering, literally, if you miss a cycle, you could just claim you were fatigued and forgot about it...But, to claim that you don't know what you were doing or didn't know what was fair play? No...You knew.
Please do not clump your diamond experience with the pro's ever. Even worse when (i assume) it is from the NA or EU servers.
At the highest level your first 5 minutes are super important since there are a number of strategies that can easily shut down others. If you wait till the first rush, you are already dead since you are unable to stop it.
Starcraft is as much about strategy as APM as information about your opponent.
You don' lose instantly if you "miss a cycle" there are numerous things you can do to prevent your opponent. From harassing his base to delaying his attack to having more info and straight up already making units to counter.
Watch some of the games before you declare yourself pro enough to make ignorant posts like this.
post #26 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assirra View Post

Please do not clump your diamond experience with the pro's ever. Even worse when (i assume) it is from the NA or EU servers.
At the highest level your first 5 minutes are super important since there are a number of strategies that can easily shut down others. If you wait till the first rush, you are already dead since you are unable to stop it.
Starcraft is as much about strategy as APM as information about your opponent.
You don' lose instantly if you "miss a cycle" there are numerous things you can do to prevent your opponent. From harassing his base to delaying his attack to having more info and straight up already making units to counter.
Watch some of the games before you declare yourself pro enough to make ignorant posts like this.

And that why SC2 sucks. Its too irritating to play.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assirra View Post

Please do not clump your diamond experience with the pro's ever. Even worse when (i assume) it is from the NA or EU servers.
At the highest level your first 5 minutes are super important since there are a number of strategies that can easily shut down others. If you wait till the first rush, you are already dead since you are unable to stop it.
Starcraft is as much about strategy as APM as information about your opponent.
You don' lose instantly if you "miss a cycle" there are numerous things you can do to prevent your opponent. From harassing his base to delaying his attack to having more info and straight up already making units to counter.
Watch some of the games before you declare yourself pro enough to make ignorant posts like this.

Diamond year 1 WAS the highest tier - Master/Grandmaster hadn't yet been implemented...Guess someone didn't compete...

That being said, yes, the first 5 minutes are important, that's why they're 100% MACROD. There are no strategies when using macros which, all the pros actually use...

The rest is useless conjecture...Again, the entire game, in Korean Esports is macrod - Watch a SC2 game live over twitch sometime - Whole game, macrod.

You do lose instantly, in Korean SC2 if you miss a few spawn cycles...Again CPM/APM - It's all macro'd. (3rd time I've said that)

I still watch them, in fact, just caught one KOREAN SC2 pro game the other night and du nu nu nuuuuuuu, macro'd - Oh, it was vs. a guy I beat, constantly, in Diamond...But, noooooo, those experiences aren't relevant.

Never said I was a pro, said I've played with them and that's how they played, still play...

Just to elaborate since I actually WATCHED Life vs. sOs - Numerous spawn cycles were missed, allegedly on purpose...If you actually watched the game, Life had the time, just didn't actually hit the macro. It's there, he did it all game but, missed spawning units when it mattered.

Life is Zerg - SoS is Protoss and life VERY CLEARLY, skips not only spawn cycles but, "fertilizing" as well...Which is why this entire article exists - It is presumed that he purposefully threw the game due to that...You know, considering again, it's macro'd and I don't think I've ever seen a game before that, where Life as ZERG has missed either.

Since you apparently haven't seen them - Here you go: http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/matches/life-vs-sos-2

Watch all of them, then get back to me - It's quite clear Life whether purposefully or not, lost of his own accord - not due to strategy...Due to him not actively spawning units.
Edited by Masked - 2/2/16 at 11:44am
post #28 of 108
Ah man, not Life of all people. frown.gif
Desktop
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz ASUS Z97-A/3.1 MSI R7-260X 2GB OC 8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB Western Digital Blue 120GB Kingston V300 SSD LG DVD-Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 BenQ XL2411Z 24" 144Hz 1ms Samsung 226BW 22" LCD 2ms Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Core Edition PRO-550W Cooler Master HAF 912 SteelSeries Rival 300 SteelSeries QcK Mass 
Audio
SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz ASUS Z97-A/3.1 MSI R7-260X 2GB OC 8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB Western Digital Blue 120GB Kingston V300 SSD LG DVD-Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 BenQ XL2411Z 24" 144Hz 1ms Samsung 226BW 22" LCD 2ms Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Core Edition PRO-550W Cooler Master HAF 912 SteelSeries Rival 300 SteelSeries QcK Mass 
Audio
SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post

Not really, tournaments have qualifying conditions, like ladder points or being in a league below them.

Getting into a big tournament without the proper experience is kind of like going from playing hockey with your friends on saturday night to playing on a NHL team.
I mean, sure, it COULD happen but the chances are pretty slim.

There are gaming tournaments all over the place that you can just sign up for. They may not be the creme of the crop tournaments or players but you can get into competitive gaming fairly easily, winning is another story but who really cares if you win.
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded War View Post

*snip*

Gotta love how you ask a question and then everyone and their mom seems to have the need to quote you and then repeat the same thing the last 10 people said. So annoying!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Various] Starcraft 2 Player Life Arrested for Match Fixing